barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

Major props to Jameer for winning the 2012-13 Rich and Helen DeVos Community Enrichment Award! Well earned. He also apparently made the "Five Heartbeats" (what he called our 5 rookies) sing happy birthday to Dan Devos lol. :tongue:

Some of you got your wish with afflalo now out. Now you'll find out how horrible we really are at that spot.

Still not as bad as our frontcourt D. Awful nonetheless..

\

Some of you got your wish with afflalo now out. Now you'll find out how horrible we really are at that spot.

People actually think there is a better person on our roster for SG than Afflalo?

Laugh.

He's not Kobe by any means but we have no one else even close to his skill level at that position.

• Upvote 1

People actually think there is a better person on our roster for SG than Afflalo?

Laugh.

He's not Kobe by any means but we have no one else even close to his skill level at that position.

Don't think anyone thinks the other options are better just that his jacking up shots, lackluster defense, and black hole offense doesn't help us win games and really only stops the rookies and youngins from getting touches and getting in rhythm.

Don't think anyone thinks the other options are better just that his jacking up shots, lackluster defense, and black hole offense doesn't help us win games and really only stops the rookies and youngins from getting touches and getting in rhythm.

I was waiting for you to post. Glad you're still alive.

I was waiting for you to post. Glad you're still alive.

Everyone here has me on ignore because I don't look at Van Gundy as a god amongst men so it is what it is. Glad you're doing well.

Everyone here has me on ignore because I don't look at Van Gundy as a god amongst men so it is what it is. Glad you're doing well.

That and your initial claim that Tobias Harris is non athletic and can't run the floor. He might not be as good as some folks think, but it's pretty obvious to anybody, except maybe Stevie Wonder, that he is athletic and runs the floor exceptionally well, especially for his size. Right?

You know yesterday I had a good post about Tobias..... I was going to post but instead hit the short key to go back a page on the web browser, deleting everything. To sum it up, I basically called BS on JVG thoughts on Tobias and how well he is playing. I would disagree with being on a bad team because even bad teams need to run their sets, everyone is paid to do a job.

Last night's game against the bobcats was pretty fun, ofcourse we were not set to win with having half our roster out. However KOQ and Tobias had themselves a game. Its great to see young guys perform well. KOQ was stroking it, this guy has a good shot... and has his favorite spot. 11/14 (78%) 23pts, 11reb, 6ast, and 1stl. It was a good breakout game for him (i wont read into it too deep). His previous 10 game stretch KOQ averaged 7pts, 6reb and 57% shooting. As for Tobias - 10/20(50%) FG and 7/8 Charity Stripe for 29pts, 9reb, 6ast, 1stl, and 3 blks. I think like Mo Harkless, Tobias has a good set of offensive skills and can cover alot of ground. They can go inside or hit the three, and its only yr 1 for Mo and year 2 for Tobias.... Now only if Mo can grow another 2 ft.....hello PF....lol

These last few games are going to be an all out show case from these guys. Its that time of the year where players are going to be under the microscope for the teams that dont make the playoffs. Which usually means your going to see some games where the guys are going to play like its now or never.... because to some it actually is.

Although we have alot of work ahead of us for our team. I happy to see that we options, where as before the only option was Whiskey or Tequila. And im equally happy to see that we will have some good young peices that might turn some heads and exceed expectations.