barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

do you remember when this board was serious?

I remember when I was racist for thinking Hedo was overrated.

And then I remember a couple years later where everyone suddenly wanted to pretend that they'd always thought Hedo was overrated, despite years of posting evidence to the contrary.

Is that what you meant?

Dude, please stop. Did I ever say Harkless was the next Pippen? No. Did I acknowledge that he might just become an average role player? Yes. The point is WE DONT KNOW! Would anyone have predicted Pippen was going to be a HOF'er as a 18/19 year old freshman playing at Central Arkansas (aside from DoM of course)? Hell no they didn't. We can't even come to a consensus on McLemore and Smart and most of us have seen each of them play several times now.

Why did you post stats from both players then? Just to say you don't know? See to me that's a waste of a post.

My personal opinion on Hark is that he will become a good NBA starter or at the worst a solid bench guy. He seems to be progressing in his game. For instance his 3 ball has improved.

Its ok to make predictions or provide opinions, but have some information to back up your ideas.

Dude, please stop. Did I ever say Harkless was the next Pippen? No. Did I acknowledge that he might just become an average role player? Yes. The point is WE DONT KNOW! Would anyone have predicted Pippen was going to be a HOF'er as a 18/19 year old playing at Central Arkansas (aside from DoM of course)? Hell no they didn't.

the fact that you tried to find Pippen's numbers and compare them to Harkless' tells me all I need to know. Now you're just backtracking a bit to defend your base. This is exactly what you wrote in the op:

Edit: I've been trying to get these numbers lined up for the last 15 mins, but can't get it. Point is they are very similar and anything can happen

Any normal person will instantly recognize that you are making a positive connection between the two. Even if you don't flat out say it, you are obviously hinting at it. Which is fine and totally your opinion, but don't act like a victim when people call you out for it.

the fact that you tried to find Pippen's numbers and compare them to Harkless' tells me all I need to know. Now you're just backtracking a bit to defend your base. This is exactly what you wrote in the op:

Any normal person will instantly recognize that you are making a positive connection between the two. Even if you don't flat out say it, you are obviously hinting at it. Which is fine and totally your opinion, but don't act like a victim when people call you out for it.

Believe whatever you want man, I don't care and I've moved on. You should too. It's great that you tried calling me out for going to "such great lengths" to make my point, as you continue going on and on and on trying to make yours.

So we've gone from "You can't tell me my opinion is wrong because it's my opinion and opinions can't be wrong!"

to

"You can't tell me my opinion is wrong because it's my opinion and opinions can't be wrong, but it's not really my opinion anyway."

I swear, this board never gets smarter; it just finds creative new ways to be stupid.

So we've gone from "You can't tell me my opinion is wrong because it's my opinion and opinions can't be wrong!"

to

"You can't tell me my opinion is wrong because it's my opinion and opinions can't be wrong, but it's not really my opinion anyway."

I swear, this board never gets smarter; it just finds creative new ways to be stupid.

Nope, not really. I said Ibn couldn't accurately predict the future and used the example of Pippen to illustrate the point that no one absolutely knows what a player will ultimately become. That includes me, and I conceded that (even though I never said he was the next Pippen, only that he COULD be...or not...WE DON'T KNOW!). If you need more clarification lmk, otherwise please drop it.

I remember when I was racist for thinking Hedo was overrated.

And then I remember a couple years later where everyone suddenly wanted to pretend that they'd always thought Hedo was overrated, despite years of posting evidence to the contrary.

Is that what you meant?

no, I remembered, this site was never really serious.

also, death to all Turks.

to

The grammar is better than it used to be. Baby steps, DoM.