barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

I know things could fall down very easily, but we have a lot of talent on this team and almost everyone of the main player's have a chip on their shoulder. You can see it in the play. They all want to disprove the doubters and they are working very hard on that.

We should be able to score at will on the Jazz. Their bigs are horrific at defense and the rest of the team isn't much better. Our problem will be stopping them. They have a ton of scoring from almost every position.

The Jazz haven't been playing with a lot of confidence lately, so that could be something in our favor.

For me the Jazz are a big test for Vucevic defensively, with Jefferson and all those guys it will be tough for him. If he plays well again I'd be very impressed.

I'm going to the game tonight.. Gonna have some fun yelling at the Jazz fans! Hope to see Vucevic tear up Jefferson and their bigs, watch JJ stay on his hot shooting spell, and witness big baby's umm ..amazing.. shooting all night! Lets get it done! GO Magic!

Is it me or are we shooting more 3's lately than what we started to shoot in the beginning of the season?

If some of those 3's would of fell last night, we could have grabbed another win.

Afflalo can't catch a pass cleanly to save his life. That is all.

Afflalo needs to chill out a bit. His speed on the floor is amazing except he has only one speed. If he could adjust it to throw the defense off a little then I think he could be MUCH MUCH better. He has the skills but is too predictable. All because he plays always at the same ludicrous speed. Yes a Spaceballs reference. Thank you very much.

Surprise, surprise, Stern wants to get rid of Hack-a-Howard.

“I would have liked to have seen the rule changed to make the last-two-minute rule the whole rule,” he said. “It was getting to a point last year where, [in the] first period, they were just grabbing players. I think that’s ludicrous.

“We tried to change it to any time in the game because last year I guess it was everyone was fouling

Tiago Splitter early on and the committee didn’t want to do it. And so that’s just the way it is. Because the reality is that there are a lot of basketball purists — and I understand that point of view — who say, ‘Hey, why don’t you learn to shoot foul shots? You’re supposed to be a pro.’”