Sign in to follow this  
Sumike4ya

Open Practice Monday Oct 29

Only saw start but a few observations

1. We are a much better passing team, especially our bigs. Difference is night and day
  2. our interior defense is weak
  3. our perimeter defense looks improved. guys doing better off dribble
  4. Ish can shoot now.
  5. Glen is going to be tough for other PFs to stop

Hey! This is my very first post on these boards! I used to be an avid poster on other Magic forums during the T-Mac/early Dwight days. Very excited to about where we're headed.

Anyway, I was at the practice yesterday. I was impressed with the turnout. Definitely a lot of true Magic fans still exist. No bandwagoners, even though I did have to educate a few people around me as to who was who. Some thoughts:

- Ish looked very good. He was running the offense well and you can tell he definitely worked on the jump shot. I think he was 4-of-5 from 3-point range.

- Nothing special from Harkless considering it was his first time at full contact. Good to see he was aggressive, though.

- Vucevic continues to impress. Very good fundamentals and works the boards well. Needs to improve defensively.

- Nicholson is really fun to watch. Very vocal on the floor. Has some good leadership potential and freakeshly long arms! I think he can scratch his knees while standing up straight.

- Turk looked hungry. Love him or hate him, I think he's really worked on getting that spark back.

• Upvote 2

why didn't jones get any burn?

I think I read somewhere he had a minor injury during saturdays practice and JV held him out of this one.

I think I read somewhere he had a minor injury during saturdays practice and JV held him out of this one.

Yup. Abdominal strain. Kinda sucked cuz my buddy and I were most excited about seeing him.