MagicVikingsSooners

How did you become a Magic fan?

One of my first time watching a NBA Game was the 1995 NBA Finals; I was 8 and all the older people in the household had Game 1 on and were goin for the Rockets sI I decide to go for the other team. Every game Houston won they mocked me until the eventual sweep and I've been a Magic fan since

For me, I became a Magic fan when I watched Penny in his prime and I was in awe of his skills and I bought his jersey and became a Magic fan ever since

What about you?

Same here, pity is now that I don't think I'll get to see too many Orlando games on tv in Australia due to the team not having a big star. They tend only to show either teams with Australian players or big names.

I grew up in the Orlando Metro, so I was here when the team was formed. Watch as many games as I could on TV, which wasn't very many until they got good.

I stuck with the team through all of the bad years and will be here again through these years as we rebuild and become a force in the league again.

First post! Greetings all.

Orlando is the only place i've been to in the U.S (I'm from the U.k) but the main reason I am a Magic fan, is Penny. He was the reason I became a fan at least. Didn't really start following the team properly until a couple of years ago. By this I mean I actually started watching a lot of games (which is quite tough since we are 5 hours ahead of EST). Some of those west coast games have made for interesting mornings at work.

I became a fan around the mid 90s for one reason. I had just moved to Orlando from Mass and my Aunt and Uncle took me to a game (they already lived here.) They had a VIP pass and we were able to go back by the locker rooms. I was pretty young and looking one way down the hallway, I felt a tap on my shoulder so i turned around. It was Penny and I will remember this till I die. He says "hey big man how you doing" I said fine slapped his hand he smiled and walked away. I was in aw for the rest of the night. Die hard Magic fan since.

I became a fan around the mid 90s for one reason. I had just moved to Orlando from Mass and my Aunt and Uncle took me to a game (they already lived here.) They had a VIP pass and we were able to go back by the locker rooms. I was pretty young and looking one way down the hallway, I felt a tap on my shoulder so i turned around. It was Penny and I will remember this till I die. He says "hey big man how you doing" I said fine slapped his hand he smiled and walked away. I was in aw for the rest of the night. Die hard Magic fan since.

Great story! Penny is the best Magic player ever!

"You know, they say don't meet your heroes but they can eat my ass, because that was awesome!" - Stewie Griffin

Born and raised in Orlando. Was a Bulls fan for a couple of years, but when we got our own franchise in '89 I became the most loyal Magic fan there is. Lol, I said loyal not to be confused with Dwights loyalty.