Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

2012 MAGIC Preseason Thread

Again, Wall will almost miss the entire first quarter of the season. Which means the Wizards are in trouble. Who's on their roster that is going to run the show for them while Wall is sidelined? I'll tell you. Nobody. Then their starting big men are two of the most injury prone players in the league, so they both are bound to miss a nice portion of the season, too.

Also, the Wizards are in no way, shape or form consider an Above Average team. And as far as their young talent goes, they had young talent for years. They do a poor job developing young talent, which is why they been picking in the top 5 in the draft every year.

Now let's talk about the Bucks. Here a team that has had chemistry issues every year since Skiles took the HC job. Plus, I think Jennings and Ellis will have a hard time co-existing with each other. Especially this season, considering they both are in contract years.

I think you're definitely underrating our squad, and overrating those teams. I think the Magic will be a more balance team then both of those teams this season. And I think our team chemistry will be a lot better than those teams, too.

bla bla bla more of your wild expectations and predictions with no basis in reality. You're in for a rude awakening either way.

I don't see Afflalo as a 20 PPG player. The only chance of our team to reach the playoffs, as some here believe is not so far fetched, is that Nicholson and Harkless play amazing basketball in their rookie season.

Expecting the 15th and 19th picks of the draft to play amazing as rookies is farfetched.

Expecting the 15th and 19th picks of the draft to play amazing as rookies is farfetched.

It's going to take some time for Harkless to make an impact IMO

Sorta OT, but I went back to look at previous 15th & 19th picks. Pretty decent list of talent minus a few exceptions which don't need to be pointed out. That's not even factoring in guys picked inbetween those picks (Example: Roy Hibbert).

2011: Kawhi Leonard and Tobias Harris

2010: Larry Sanders and Avery Bradley

2009: Austin Daye and Jeff Teague

2008: Robin Lopez and JJ Hickson

2007: Rodney Stuckey and Javaris Crittenton

2006: Cedric Simmons and Quincy Douby (OK I'm almost done now, it's going downhill)

2005: Antoine Wright and Hakim Warrick (With Granger picked inbetween :svgsad:)

2005: Al Jefferson and Dorrell Wright (Josh Smith, J.R Smith, and Meer right after Wright)

This is why I say hogwash to those who piss and moan about non lotto picks. If you could somehow snag a Roy Hibbert and use your own lotto pick to get a wing you're right back in business during the rebuilding phase.

• Upvote 2

Sorta OT, but I went back to look at previous 15th & 19th picks. Pretty decent list of talent minus a few exceptions which don't need to be pointed out. That's not even factoring in guys picked inbetween those picks (Example: Roy Hibbert).

2006: Cedric Simmons and Quincy Douby (OK I'm almost done now, it's going downhill)

2005: Al Jefferson and Dorrell Wright (Josh Smith, J.R Smith, and Meer right after Wright)

This is why I say hogwash to those who piss and moan about non lotto picks. If you could somehow snag a Roy Hibbert and use your own lotto pick to get a wing you're right back in business during the rebuilding phase.

I never said they can't play because they aren't lotto picks, but expecting them to play great as rookies is a bit farfetched. Especially Harkless when he's spent his whole offseason training and preparing with one team, only to be randomly traded here and then miss training camp.

I never said they can't play because they aren't lotto picks, but expecting them to play great as rookies is a bit farfetched. Especially Harkless when he's spent his whole offseason training and preparing with one team, only to be randomly traded here and then miss training camp.

Wasn't aimed towards you handsome.

Harkless will eventually be pretty good but he's going to do very little for most of this season. Nicholson has a chance to be productive right away.

I didn't like what I saw from Nicholson in the first preseason game, it doesn't mean much, but I think he needs time to adjust. I'm not expecting much from him right away and it wouldn't surprise me if Vaughn gave backup PF minutes to McRoberts.

I didn't like what I saw from Nicholson in the first preseason game, it doesn't mean much, but I think he needs time to adjust. I'm not expecting much from him right away and it wouldn't surprise me if Vaughn gave backup PF minutes to McRoberts.

Don't forget about Harrington.

Don't forget about Harrington.

Yeah, he'll get the backup PF minutes once he is healthy (assuming he is still here by then though). But I doubt he is ready for opening night, so it is either Nicholson or McRoberts backing up BBD and it wouldn't surprise me if the vet got the nod at first.

The Pacers now have maxed out Roy Hibbert. They will never win a title. You can be the Pacers or Hawks with that, nothing more.

Ok.....having watched the OKC preseason game just now and seeing Liggins play....only thing that went through my mind was......PHUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was out there making plays....scoring....making good passes....taking charges....why did we let this dude go? and keep Q?