Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

The Official NCAA 2013 Season Thread

Most Florida fans are douches.

I remember when the shoe was on the other foot back in the late 90's early 2000's when FSU was the big team in the state and had all the bandwagon fans that everyone loved to hate. Funny how winning championships makes your fanbase arrogant and douchey huh?

I remember when the shoe was on the other foot back in the late 90's early 2000's when FSU was the big team in the state and had all the bandwagon fans that everyone loved to hate. Funny how winning championships makes your fanbase arrogant and douchey huh?

What's funnier is that I hate both teams and am playing neutral party...

• Upvote 1

What's funnier is that I hate both teams and am playing neutral party...

Oh I know you're just stirring up the pot and laughing maniacley while we fight. Solid win by PSU yesterday by the way. Looks like once the ban is over the Lions wont take long to rebuild. Now all that is needed to make this weekend complete is a Magic win tonight and a Bucs whipping of the Falclowns.

Oh I know you're just stirring up the pot and laughing maniacley while we fight. Solid win by PSU yesterday by the way. Looks like once the ban is over the Lions wont take long to rebuild. Now all that is needed to make this weekend complete is a Magic win tonight and a Bucs whipping of the Falclowns.

Hahaha I just hate hearing about both teams 24/7/365. I was fine with FSU fans until I went to the 2005 Orange Bowl and we weren't received well walking into the stadium. Miami fans were by far the worst experience, though. I was 5 and still remember how awful they were. Oh well, is what it is. I will say that when I went to the Outback Bowl when PSU played Florida, I was the only PSU guy in a group of about 20 UF alums and they were very gracious and classy. Each fanbase has it's own group of douchebags, that's just the way it is.

It's going to get harder as the years progress for PSU. Scholly sanctions are going to hit harder and harder each year, but I have full faith in Bill O'Brien. I hated the hire at first, but now I'm very happy with the decision by administration (maybe the only decision I can say I approve). Their recruiting class this year is going to surprise people and they're lining up cupcake out of conference schedules for future seasons. One, it'll make BOB look like a god and two, they can claim winning seasons throughout this mess. Sounds stupid, but it's a minor pitch to high schoolers.

I do hate that they wore 42 on their helmets to honor Mauti yesterday. I respect the hell out of the guy because he was the heart and soul of this squad, but it's not like he died. I also hate that they added 2012 on the press boxes along with the national championships, Big Ten championship, and undefeated teams. It's becoming a bit much.

I'm the fan of the rival team that just won and I'm talking smack. Of course you think I'm a douche. I thought most FSU fans were douches the last two years. Hell I thought most FSU fans who came over to Florida boards over the last week as well were douches too.

I would call an 11 point win an ass whooping when I look at the bottom line. Not counting that garbage time touchdown our team just gave up to the Seminoles it should have been a 17 point win. 36 min to 24 min time of possession also shows it as well. Also the only time FSU scored at all was when Florida just "Gift Wrapped" the ball to FSU inside the Gators own 30. As for the FSU turnovers, no different then Florida gift wrapping the turnovers to them in 2011. But either way, it's not like the game was an aberration for the Gators, that's what Florida has done all year, they have forced other teams into mistakes and capitalized on them (Georgia being the one exception).

Obviously I'm not a FSU fan, but every nole fan I talked too even before the game last night (we had a big Gator Seminole watch party game at my place) said that Jimbo was on shaky ground with the fan base. They talked about he has yet to win one marquee game during his time at FSU, would not even give him credit for the Clemson win earlier this year. By the time the game was over they were in full meltdown mode. One big FSU friend of mine pointed out that he is now in his 3rd year, working with a far better recruiting class then the Gators were, and yet Muschamp has accomplished more in one season then Jimbo did so far in all 3 years. And this was even after Jimbo simply took over a team he already was the primary play caller for.

You look at places like the FSU rivals forum and most of them seem to feel that FSU's only chance to get back into national relevance is for them to leave the ACC immediately for either the Big 12 or the SEC and fire Fisher. Although I think Florida would block a move to the SEC (which I think would be an absolute ***** move personally, it was a ***** move by Geneshaft at USF against UCF in the Big East), either way I have to agree. FSU is going to just stagnate in the ACC with all that talent but playing almost no high level competition. I would say that FSU is just as talented as Florida is (maybe even more) but they clearly were not ready for the big game last night. Part of that is coaching, but a big part of it is scheduling.

I don't ordinarily think you are a douche. In fact, I usually think of you as one of the more reasonable Gator fans on here which is why I responded at all. Otherwise I would have just ignored you.

The teams flipped flopped leads several times through the game including the 4th quarter. That's a close game by most accounts. Also, you could certainly argue that the last TD scored by Florida was also a garbage time touchdown since the game was clearly over at that point. I also don't think polling a couple of your FSU buddies after they just lost to the Gators is a large enough sample size to determine what the FSU fanbase truly wants....nor should the university be paying that much attention to what the fans what regardless. I bet I wouldn't have to look too hard to find fans on this forum that already want Jacque Vaughn fired. The bottom line is that Jimbo took over a program that wasn't recruting well or even working out with modern equipment and completely revamped it from the ground up. It takes a few years for underclassmen to improve and there clearly has been improvement from this season and his first. You can argue that Florida has made a quick turnaround (and I wouldn't argue that much with you on it) but they clearly didn't have as much to do as a FSU program that hadn't seen much if any national success in almost a decade.

As for the ACC....well you are right. The ACC is s***. We will have to see how that turns out but I doubt a 1 loss FSU team is going to get the National championship nod that a 1 loss Alabama team would. I bet a undefeated Noles team could have made the chamionship game this year though so they still hold their fate in their hands....most years anyways. Its not like the ACC is the MAC with no chance of a team going undefeated and playing for the championship.

I said before the game that it all relies on ej. Good ej and we blow you out. Bad ej and it should be close. Little did I know we would get the worst ej. Credit to the uf defense for pressing him into numerous mistakes.

I took this idea from an fsu blog, ej is like the college version of tony romo. He can put up big stats and shows up for a big game every now and then but something is missing with him. He's not football smart.

I don't ordinarily think you are a douche. In fact, I usually think of you as one of the more reasonable Gator fans on here which is why I responded at all. Otherwise I would have just ignored you.

The teams flipped flopped leads several times through the game including the 4th quarter. That's a close game by most accounts. Also, you could certainly argue that the last TD scored by Florida was also a garbage time touchdown since the game was clearly over at that point. I also don't think polling a couple of your FSU buddies after they just lost to the Gators is a large enough sample size to determine what the FSU fanbase truly wants....nor should the university be paying that much attention to what the fans what regardless. I bet I wouldn't have to look too hard to find fans on this forum that already want Jacque Vaughn fired. The bottom line is that Jimbo took over a program that wasn't recruting well or even working out with modern equipment and completely revamped it from the ground up. It takes a few years for underclassmen to improve and there clearly has been improvement from this season and his first. You can argue that Florida has made a quick turnaround (and I wouldn't argue that much with you on it) but they clearly didn't have as much to do as a FSU program that hadn't seen much if any national success in almost a decade.

As for the ACC....well you are right. The ACC is s***. We will have to see how that turns out but I doubt a 1 loss FSU team is going to get the National championship nod that a 1 loss Alabama team would. I bet a undefeated Noles team could have made the chamionship game this year though so they still hold their fate in their hands....most years anyways. Its not like the ACC is the MAC with no chance of a team going undefeated and playing for the championship.

Agree to disagree on the strength of Victory then. I look less at point spread and more at the feel of the game. A team dominating in things like time of possession, rushing yards and turnovers are what equal to me an ass kicking of a win. I've seen games that I felt were much closer then the 21-24 points that separated the two teams, mainly because I felt only one or two plays seperated the two teams. I don't get that feeling off this win. I felt like with the exception of FSU's two very short touch down drives, Florida pretty much controlled the game from the onset, dictating the pace, and constantly handled FSU's line.

As for Fisher you are right, listening to the fans are never the best way to understand a coach's situation, however, I would have to say that even most Nole homers would have to think Fisher is on thin ice here. Maybe not Chizik 3 weeks ago at Auburn level but definitely turning a little shaky. For all the good things he's done in upgrading the facilities at FSU, and at bringing in great recruiting classes, it has not translated into on field success, unless you would consider so far this a successful year. I wouldn't if I were a Nole fan but thats me.

Personally if I were FSU I would say screw the Gators and come banging on the SEC's door to get in. They make perfect geographical sense to be in the SEC and I'm sure the other schools would love the chance to play games in recruiting rich florida more then just the one time they play the Gators. Enough schools say yes and eventually FSU would be allowed in. Snag them along with VT or Clemson and suddenly the SEC has an even more powerful 16 team league.

And if that doesn't work out FSU can always fall back on the big 12. I will also say that I'm privately hoping that FSU and several other teams leave the ACC because that would open up the door for UCF/USF to approach the ACC.

Well since the Big East is pretty much dead, the ACC could fall apart a little, too, with the Big Ten and SEC pillaging teams. And this is me speaking in terms of football. For basketball, the ACC should be just fine. Adding Pitt, 'Cuse, and UConn only strengthens the conference on the court, but football? Ouch... The Big East will probably become basketball only and I have no idea what UCF or USF will do. I don't see either going to the ACC. I do think that FSU bails, the only question is to where.

Read rumors yesterday claiming that Virginia and UNC going to the Big Ten while VT and NC State go to the SEC. Now I highly doubt the Big Ten takes UNC with their current situation, especially since the conference is already dealing with PSU's current ordeal and Ohio State coming off their's. It's a rumor, which means there's a 98% chance it's BS. However, it makes sense geographically. The Big Ten would then have a stake in a large portion of the east coast and the SEC would expand further north. Everything now is about money and marketing.

EJ was terrible, but EJ is terrible, so that's not an excuse. In the moment on Twitter I was screaming for Jimbo to be gone. Now after the fact, while I wouldn't say to fire him necessarily, I wouldn't exactly try to convince him to stay if Auburn came calling either. His play calling was so terrible that forget EJ, we don't win that game if we had RG3.

Which is really bad, considering we were only up against...Jeff Driskel.

Well since the Big East is pretty much dead, the ACC could fall apart a little, too, with the Big Ten and SEC pillaging teams. And this is me speaking in terms of football. For basketball, the ACC should be just fine. Adding Pitt, 'Cuse, and UConn only strengthens the conference on the court, but football? Ouch... The Big East will probably become basketball only and I have no idea what UCF or USF will do. I don't see either going to the ACC. I do think that FSU bails, the only question is to where.

Read rumors yesterday claiming that Virginia and UNC going to the Big Ten while VT and NC State go to the SEC. Now I highly doubt the Big Ten takes UNC with their current situation, especially since the conference is already dealing with PSU's current ordeal and Ohio State coming off their's. It's a rumor, which means there's a 98% chance it's BS. However, it makes sense geographically. The Big Ten would then have a stake in a large portion of the east coast and the SEC would expand further north. Everything now is about money and marketing.

I see UCF/USF to the ACC only if the two schools are able to put their pride aside, correction, if Judy Geneshaft is able to put her pride aside and approach the ACC as a package deal. Assuming the ACC looses FSU and at least 2 other teams, which is not a big assumption (I would say there is a huge chance it will 4-5), the ACC is going to want to regain some footprint in Florida with the loss of FSU. A UCF/USF combo gives them two teams with a solid in state rivalry right in the middle of the Orlando-Tampa media market. We all know that Miami right now is a joke, and is only going to get worse with the regulations about to be handed on them by the NCAA, so there presence counts for almost nothing.

As for UNC I don't see it either. Not only because of the problems their in, but also because UNC is basketball first. ACC is still the best basketball conference out there, especially with Cuse and UConn joining up, and I severely doubt UNC is gonna break the Duke/UNC rivalry. The move for them really just doesn't make sense for a university where football has always played second fiddle to basketball.