AddiFB

The Tumbleweed Hangout: Post-Dwight Era discussion

I should have posted your response for you considering I was fairly certain this was the nonsense you'd respond with. "I'd bet anything" and similar statements are what's known as a "figure of speech", very basic yet apparently a complete mystery to you. If I told you that it "took forever for me to get home from work today", does that mean it literally took me forever? In your mind, it would. Then again in your mind it was a good idea to post as some sort of character and think it would make you look like anything other than a douche bag.

A fluke season is a fluke, end of story. I don't care if his minutes went up, if Humphries was a fluke like you claimed he was more minutes would have resulted in just more suckage, not his best year to date. Twist and spin things all you'd like, I was wrong on a prediction, you were wrong on indisputable facts staring you right in the face. You chose to claim they happened as a fluke occurrence and were proven wrong. I'll make another prediction, the next time you're wrong (again) you'll pull more nonsense out of your anal cavity and present it as fact. I'm willing to bet a lot of money that my record will be .500 very shortly. Oh damn, there's that phrase again. I guess I better put some money aside.

I like that your story about the whole "I'll bet you any amount of money" thing changes every time you talk about it. It's gone from being something you called me a liar for claiming because betting is against your code of ethics or some such bull****, to not being true because you and I never implicitly agreed on a dollar amount, to now being a figure of speech that was never intended to be literal, even though the first time you said it you were trying to badger me and ?4thewin into an actual bet. It's adorable.

As for your second paragraph, you took a statement I made about Humphries ability to ever post a rebounding comparable to his 2011 numbers and applied it to his whole game. Ignoring for a second that that's ridiculous, I'll bite: why was his season last year so much better than his previous seasons? He put up worse per minute numbers, but played a whole lot more. That's not playing better. That's exactly what's supposed to happen. No one would say that a baseball player who got 20 more hits in 150 more at bats had a better season, because that's bafflingly insane. If a player shooting 30% from the field takes 20 shots instead of 10, they will score more points. That's not being better. That's shooting more shots. If Brandon Bass grabs one rebound every 5 minutes he plays, he'll get more rebounds playing 48 minutes than he will playing 30. But he'll still be a ****ty *****ing rebounder.

If Kris Humphries plays 34 minutes instead of his career average of 17, he SHOULD put up better raw numbers. It'd be flabbergasting if he didn't. But that doesn't make him a better player at 34 minutes than he is at 17. A 5 year old could understand this. And honestly? You don't seem like THAT stupid a human being. Ignore for a second how much you seem to hate me for whatever the ***** reason, and actually think about this without the "I need to disagree with DOM because he's just so mean" and actually think about how ridiculous the position you're adopting actually is.

Also, since certain people on the board apparently weirdly get off on this sort of thing:

A partial list of things DOM was wrong about on these boards(written while DOM is, admittedly, extremely drunk):

Blake Griffin's transition to the pros

Russel Westbrook's transition to the pros

Ricky Rubio's transition to American style play

Serge Ibaka's ability to become a defender rather than a shot blocker

Josh Smith's "defense" being useful

JJ Redick's everything

Russel Westbrook's ability to hit the next gear as a player

The winner of the 2008 Democratic Presidential Primary

The winner of the 2008 Presidential election

The Bucs

The basic ethnicity and general body type of almost every board member I've seen or met in person(excellent people, all of you, by the by, but I'm still shocked that Marc Acres is an heavyset Asian woman)

That one guy being able to grasp the point I was making in that thread months ago about Jameer Nelson where I talked about point guards and history. I'd link to it, but i'm tired, but I think it's the best post I've ever written on this board, and I've written some stuff here I really liked.

So yeah, there's that. Knock yourselves out, guys.

Post proof of me attempting to "badger" anyone into a bet.

Is that the only thing you want to focus on in that post? For starters, he's already done that once before. Secondly, I'm curious if you are still disputing the idea that a players numbers will rise when his minutes go up. That doesn't mean improvement; it means more opportunity.

K

I really hope you are one of the people that we lose when this team starts to suck. You literally contribute nothing.

• Upvote 3

Well then you need to learn the definition of "proof", because none exists. The last thing I'd ever bet on is something I don't control, anyone claiming otherwise is a damn fool. If proof exists, post it. I was apparently "badgering" people to bet me, so...have at it...let me know where that took place since you've seen the "proof".

Humphries finished both the 10/11 and 11/12 seasons 5th in rebounding. In 10/11 eight of the top 10 rebounders averaged more minutes than him, last season five of the top 10 did. You aren't going to "fluke" your way into that.

lol, alright. I'm not familiar with the original conversation but for your sake, I hope you are right. You are going to look pretty foolish if he's able to produce a link that directly contradicts what you are saying now.

As for the minutes that Humphries played: did you happen to notice that the majority of the players behind Humphries played much fewer minutes than he did? Furthermore, the players that did play more minutes than him were all bonafide superstar players. Your point isn't strengthened by this stat. All it does is point out that Humphries is a product of the minutes he plays; minutes that he gets because he plays on a s***** team with a marshmellow soft center. Here's the link; take a look at it for yourself.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/stats/bycategory?cat=Fielding&sort=26

All I see is a marginal player that is benefitting greatly from playing on a team with no depth. It's no different than me looking at the points per game that David Lee puts up and arguing that he is comparable to Dirk Nowitzki.

Instead of posting just the quotes, which will inexplicably get me labelled a liar or something, here are the entire threads starting with the first relevant post.

So here's the first.

Here's the second.

Here's one that's not really related, but I find kind of funny.

And for fun, here's the thread where I called Humphries 2011 season was an anomaly in terms of efficiency, shooting percentage, and DReb%.

And while I normally hate quoting myself, I found this post I made back when I was posting as Lord Xenu, and given that it's inexplicably still totally relevant, I'm going to repost the entire thing:

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

It'd be interesting if you never saw that post, seeing how you quoted it and responded to it.

And while your insinuation that the other members of this board are lining up to suck Xenu's dick is certainly interesting in a "why the hell is someone focusing on this while claiming we don't talk about basketball?" sort of way, it's completely irrelevant to anything being discussed and makes you look comically juvenile. Following THAT up with something as pathetic as the old "Well you guys clearly don't have a life if you're on this board" routine is just sad.

Seriously, you wanna know why Xenu has no problems calling you gutless? Because you ignore any argument you don't like, you insult pretty much everyone who disagrees with you repeatedly, you refused to honor or acknowledge a bet YOU SUGGESTED because it was so obvious you'd lose it, you don't back up a single opinion you have that's challenged with anything other than "Well I'm right because I'm smarter than you", you have actually said, in multiple threads no less, that if a statistic disagrees with your opinion then the statistic must be wrong, and perhaps most importantly, you derailed this entire thread to insult people while simultaneously complaining about threads being derailed.

Secondly, for all your talk about how you hate it that people take the things you say in ways that are not 100% exactly how you phrased them, you sure do seem to build a lot of strawmen and put them in other people's mouths. No one claimed, in that thread or any other that Xenu has seen, that Bass would never average anything close to 8 rebounds a game.

8 rebounds a game was an arbitrary baseline YOU suggested Bass could achieve in "starter's minutes", and that was where you suggested making a bet. And of course, the second Xenu called you out on that bull****, you ignored it, most likely because you realized, even then, how idiotic your adopted position was.

That argument was whether or not Bass was the team's second best rebounder. You claimed he was. The rest of us aren't *****ing morons.

Hell, even now, rather than simply say: "I was clearly wrong in every possible way, and I apologize that I repeatedly insulted all of you for claiming that to be the case", you've instead decided to try to justify your being wrong by claiming Bass got totally kind of close to what you said he would, even though he was not even 2/3 of the way to the numbers you suggested, and to somehow try to hedge on the idea that if Anderson isn't as good as people claimed, that somehow makes Bass better by comparison, even though no one ever claimed Anderson was great; the only thing anyone ever said about Anderson in that thread was that he was a better rebounder than Bass is, which is something that has been completely proven over the past year in pretty much every single way possible.

As for OPs having to defend why they opened their thread, GO READ THE TERMS OF SERVICE. There are rules about creating threads when similar threads already exist. Maybe we've already seen that trade idea. Maybe that trade idea is ridiculous, and we simply don't want to waste time explaining why Deron Williams for Hedo and Duhon will never happen, primarily because we've already done it two or three times.

Lord Xenu will tell you what, Peaches: The next time someone blasts an OP in a way that you think makes them a big ole meanie, why don't you just click on the "report" button at the bottom left of their post, rather than idly complaining about it, and we'll see how long it takes for the MODs to tell you to stop bothering them.

And if you're so desperate to discuss basketball, then why haven't you started a thread in over a year? Hell, even that one was "Does anyone have a video of Game 6 of the ECF from 2009?", which barely qualifies as a basketball discussion in its own right.

And if you're unwilling to do EITHER of those things, just go away or stop complaining. Until someone starts breaking actual rules, which so far, none of the people you're complaining about are doing, nothing will change. So deal with it.

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

Just to narrow down the info that DOM provided in those links. Here is the original comment from Eskobar about making a bet.

I'll repeat, if he's given starter minutes he'll average over eight rebounds per game, I'd be willing to bet a hefty sum on that.

http://truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?/topic/19864-what-can-dwight-improve-on/page__st__48

Then DOM asked Eskobar for the particulars on the bet and Eskobar never responded. So, obviously no bet was ever made. That's probably because he wasn't actually willing to bet any money on the subject for obvious reasons.