Sign in to follow this  
rdeezy

PG Situation

If Carlos' play doesnt improve soon he will be looking for a job in FIBA and he won't be on any believe posters either.

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:
Originally posted by Tejiendo:

Imagine Diener's face on the next BELIEVE Ad

What a joke!!

I'm sorry you feel that way. Stroll down to the good 'ol Amway arena any time and check out all the new posters put up of the players. Ironically, Dwight and Travis are the two most displayed players on those so it really isn't hard to imagine, it is in grayscale.

The poster can't play.

quote:
Originally posted by Tejiendo:

Imagine Diener's face on the next BELIEVE Ad

What a joke!!

Imagine us playing with Jameer and Arroyo, and with Diener on the bench, and losing almost every game; oh wait......that's not imagination, that's what's happening now!

I guess you prefer to BELIEVE in a team that loses all the time.

rdeezy is a joke. He seems to be not a real true magic fan. He likes to create controversy. By the way, it is clear that you don't like arroyo. I just don't think that you should be allowed to create a post on bashing a player with nothing smart to say.

I personally think that our pg situation is not good right now. Nor Jameer, Carlos, Travis or Dooling are the answer. All of them are very good descent back up PG's, but not starters.

We need to get a real veteran pg in the offseason that is mature enough in helping growing and exploting the talent that this young player possess.

We need player with the leadership as Billups, Cassell, Atkins or Demon S.

Being said that. Right know our best option for the remainer of the season is having Dooling running the PG with Jameer and Carlos splitting minutes as Back ups.

In the game against Charlotte, Jameer was awful as PG and the offense only looked good when Diener was in there. In the game against Utah, Jameer was again awful as PG and we almost lost the game in the 4th when he came back in. Dooling did a good job as PG, although I don't believe he did any better than Diener has done. Basically both are up-tempo and good passers, and make a quick first pass. Diener is a better shooter and playmaker, and Dooling a better defender. The offense looks much better with either one of them in.

If Brian Hill simply won't give Diener a fair chance, for who knows what reason, than I hope he plays Dooling a lot more at PG. It gives the team the best shot to win. I'd like to see Jameer's minutes reduced a lot, or have him moved to SG (though that would make us very small).

The PG is critical to the play of the whole team. A good PG makes everyone else better, and vice-versa. IMO, most of our problems this season are due to poor point guard play, and poor coaching in addressing that situation.

Every time we talk about the point guad position we here about how bad carlos is playing, but if you actually go to the books you see that for the time he is playing 15 min. he is the most productive out there even though he is playing with teammates that are not mking any shots, and you guys definately never look at jameer stats. He is always looking for his shots first and passing second, to me that is not the play of a point guard. if you give Carlos the same minutes as jameer I guarantee that he will give you 10 assists every night. Second I would love to see Carlos and jameer play together more often , Hill used this combo once against the Spurs I believe and jameer scored 30 with carlos playing the point guard. I think it's time to let the kids play fastbreak basketball like last night and tell Brian Hill to stop calling all he plays.

This is just mi sincere opinion.