Catalina Maria

Dwight Howard Appreciation Thread

I'm sorry but Dwight shouldn't be bashed, management should.

Am I only allowed to bash one? I'm pretty sure I can evenly spread out my bashing to all parties involved.

I think people are upset over how he acted and left versus the fact that he left. Had he acted professionally about it, people would have been sad that he left, but not mad at him.

Yeah but if you are continually lied to and nothing but broken promises how would you act? He watched management make some of the dumbest deals I have ever seen and they didn't even consult him. Honestly he didn't act that bad, he was in a tough spot and it's not like he just left in FA. He said he wanted out and we got something in return. Now he did handicap us in the trade negotiations but I believe Devos hurt us more there. I think he made promises to Dwight and we could have gotten a better deal from Houston but Devos didn't have the nerve to send him somewhere he didn't want to be.

Am I only allowed to bash one? I'm pretty sure I can evenly spread out my bashing to all parties involved.

No only one, JK. I don't know Iv'e always been the type to side with the players and I just see it from his point of view. He could have handled it better sure, but the guy played his butt off for us and won a lot of games even with a mediocre roster around him. Him and SVG deserve all the credit and I think management deserves most of the blame. Well other than management hiring SVG(as second choice) and drafting Dwight over Okafor.

Yeah but if you are continually lied to and nothing but broken promises how would you act? He watched management make some of the dumbest deals I have ever seen and they didn't even consult him. Honestly he didn't act that bad, he was in a tough spot and it's not like he just left in FA. He said he wanted out and we got something in return. Now he did handicap us in the trade negotiations but I believe Devos hurt us more there. I think he made promises to Dwight and we could have gotten a better deal from Houston but Devos didn't have the nerve to send him somewhere he didn't want to be.

I wouldn't turn around and lie to my fans, turn my back on kids that paid to attend my basketball camp, and act like a spoiled child, that;s what I wouldn't do.

• Upvote 1

I don't even know how to respond to this. Are you real?

"Honestly didn't handle it that bad"? I can not think of one player in any sport that behaved worst than the way Dwight has treated the Magic this past year. Ever since Howard teamed up with HWNSNBU he became a completely different person.

"Honestly didn't handle it that bad"? I can not think of one player in any sport that behaved worst than the way Dwight has treated the Magic this past year. Ever since Howard teamed up with HWNSNBU he became a completely different person.

Really? I don't see it most of it was media driven and a bunch of random people with no credibility slandering his name. SVG even came out the other day and said Dwight wasn't to blame and management was. He asked for his coach to be fired in the off season, asked for a trade, stated publicly he wanted a trade, signed opt in being promised moved would be made, got hurt, ZERO moves made. Like I said he could have handled it better but to say no player has ever treated his team worse are you kidding me? Just because Espn and a bunch of clowns put it on the front page doesn't mean anything. You know what would have been worse? If he didn't go to management to improve the roster and just kept getting paid(like half the guys in the league) and then just left in the off-season for NOTHING.

The guy was pretty much a class act for his whole time here and just because something he asked for gets blown up x100 he gets blamed? He isn't Lebron, he didn't act like he would resign, broadcast on Espn and leave our team with zilch. I'm sorry they guy gave everything he had and management basically forced him to move on because of what they did with the team around him. The guy wants to win and who could blame him for that? He obviously loved the city and the fans not just the direction the team was going. What Shaq did was a lot worse but hey I'm probably in the minority on this. I think though once people give it a little more time and see that the team needed to move on to fix the damage that had been done they will realize rebuilding was the right move. We were stuck being a 4 or 5 seed every year with the 2nd highest payroll in the league and picking in the middle of the draft. We were the new version of the Atlanta Hawks which IMO is the worst place to be in the NBA.

yes the media decided dwight would demand a trade, then 3 days later wear our jersey with a smile on his face talking about staying. then tells us to roll the dice a few days before the deadline, then after he opts in he demands ANOTHER trade shortly after. he makes his declarations about being a "better hero" only to stab us in the back again. He apologizes to us telling us we didn't deserve any of this, then what does he do? HIDES IN LA FOR 4 MONTHS AND SNEAKS OUT OF TOWN NEVER TO RETURN. seriously I think you're his buddy PEEWEE Kirkland or some ****

• Upvote 1

So, the media kept forcing Dwight to come out and repeat his demand trades, forced him to come out and handcuff the team in terms of trade partners by continually stating he would only re-sign with a certain team(s), made him go on and on about loyalty when he agreed to revoke his ability to be a free agent this summer, commanded him to not attend his summer camp, and even went so far as to send him to L.A. during our season, never to return again.

The media is a real jerk sometimes.

I wouldn't turn around and lie to my fans, turn my back on kids that paid to attend my basketball camp, and act like a spoiled child, that;s what I wouldn't do.

What did he lie about? He wanted to keep discussions behind closed doors and kept changing his mind as would any young adult on a life altering decision and was being tugged in every direction.

Turned back on kids? Do you know he was allowed to travel? Do you know he wasn't told that he would be dealt before then and obviously didn't want to be at a camp in Orlando with him not being on the team? Do you know the media circus that would have been waiting for him at that camp? Is it fair to him? How about all the children attending? It's easy to judge with ZERO inside information from afar but is hardly fair.

What did he lie about?

Oh, I don't know, let me think........

Well, there was that one time where he straight up lied about trying to get SVG fired on national television just mere moments after SVG told all of us the truth. Oh, that little lie? I wouldn't worry about that little lie.............