Sign in to follow this  
nCoolness

Magic admitting of heading the Spurs Directing

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is it a good idea Magic is heading towards Spurs direction?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

I was reading an article on yahoo sports by Kelly Dwyer, even though to me he is a idiot. He says that the Magic admitted of head toward the Spurs way. All I can say is: "No DUUUHHH!!!" Spurs is a really solid team, not to mention winning 4 championships in franchise history and Sweeping teams last season in the first two rounds (casualties: Utah Jazz and the LA Flippers) and having the longest win streak in NBA history (19 wins). I think is a good idea that the Magic wants to head that direction. It will be different from the previous years that Magic has been through where it wasn't so successful. Rob Hennigan is doing a fine job picking the right players that are willing to stay for the long term. Jacque Vaughn is a good man, but talk is cheap and it all comes down to whether he can coach and lead the Magic to the playoffs again no matter what, even if that Magic is 7th or 8th.

What are your guys thoughts about the Magic going towards the Spurs way?

here is the article

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/orlando-magic-admit-yeah-want-really-really-good-155015138--nba.html

Its not so much heading their direction, I mean they are a good team because their GM isnt a moron, their head coach is solid, they maximized the draft, believed into eachother and won championships.

Isnt that what teams should do?

I was reading an article on yahoo sports by Kelly Dwyer, even though to me he is a idiot.

You don't need to keep giving us reasons to not value your opinion as being anything more than the ramblings of a sub-literate Morlock.

We already do.

• Upvote 1

I assume he meant longest winning streak in the post season.

That would also not be true, seeing that there's four best of seven rounds in the playoffs.. so the championship team comes away with a total of 16 wins, which would make a 19 game playoff winning streak impossible.. The longest NBA regular season winning streak was 33 games by the 71-72 Lakers.. The Spurs did win there first 10 games of this postseason after winning the last 10 games of their regular season, making it the longest winning streak to carry over from the regular season to the postseason of all time..

• Upvote 1

Hello all

Just a friendly reminder, please keep this discussion on topic about the Magic's future heading towards the Spurs. Some of them are on topic, some are not.

I understand the scrutiny of my first post which people dislike (not calling names, but you know who you are), but please keep this on topic.

Thanks

Cheers

• Upvote 1