Sign in to follow this  
Moe Green

These hirings seem very alike

I want to start this thread by saying I approve of the hiring of Henny and Vaughn. I honestly was hoping for Brian Shaw instead but from everything that I've read about Vaughn, he's a very hard worker and is a really smart guy. I hope nothing but the best, but I have a story for you.

The season starts, the team play is sporadic and shaky throughout the year, they have a few good wins and some head scratching losses against bad teams. The season goes in the toilet. After season is over, the GM and Coach are both fired. They hire the youngest GM/Coach in the leage, the first year is horrible and the team is in the bottom of the standings. The second year the team unexpectedly has a good season and just misses the playoffs but the fans feel like the team is on the verge of something special. Team starts the 3rd season strong but falls off a cliff in the last 3/4ths of the season.

That's the story of the 2008-2011 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I understand that basketball is different then football, but the reason the Bucs failed is because the young coach befriended his young players and there was no line between Coach and Friend. When things got rough, the young players just gave up on their coach because they didn't take him serious enough. If the Houston trade goes through we become one of the youngest squads in the NBA, hopefully they sign some veterans who know how to lead in 2013 or we will be in trouble.

Go Magic! and get that piece of **** Dwight Howard out of here. :creaturedance:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I agree!

Vaughn will be great for us and I really hope trade talks with the Rockets spark up, so we could get Lamb, Parsons, Patterson, etc

Also I wouldn't mind having a bad season as long as we get a top 5 draft pick

I agree!

Vaughn will be great for us and I really hope trade talks with the Rockets spark up, so we could get Lamb, Parsons, Patterson, etc

Also I wouldn't mind having a bad season as long as we get a top 5 draft pick

If we get the Toronto pick and suck bad enough we may get lucky and get 2 top 5 picks!

If we get the Toronto pick and suck bad enough we may get lucky and get 2 top 5 picks!

Toronto is a sleeper team, they won't be that bad. They could be in the mix for the 8th seed if healthy.