Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

Poll on what to do with Dwight

Dwight Options  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Magic do with Dwight?

• Magic keep Dwight. "Optimistic Choice" Hold onto Dwight for the duration of his contract, try to convince him to sign long-term contract.
    • Trade Dwight to Brooklyn. "High Road Choice" Would be for Brook Lopez, picks, and filler. Would give Dwight what he wants.
    • Trade Dwight to Houston. "Rebuild Choice" Would net expiring contracts, draft picks, and young players.
    • Trade Dwight to LA Lakers. "The 1:1 Choice" Would trade the NBA's #1 center for the #2 center and filler.
    • Trade Dwight to ________. "The Dark Horse Choice" Send Dwight somewhere else

Now that BROKE-lyn is no longer an option, and LA seems to be stepping down, it will be interesting to see what happens over the next week. If Dwight realizes just how hopeless his future is outside of Orlando, he may commit publicly (necessary pre-cursor to keeping him, imo) before the season and sign an extension at the end.

LA won't want him if Bynum stays healthy, and if they do, they will only be good for another year or two, then he will experience the second-round-exit purgatory they are due for over the following years of his contract. Every other team that will be able to afford him will be in rebuilding mode, and not be contenders for a good while, nor have the market that he is hoping for. Orlando in two years, especially if they manage to unload JRich's contract, will be able to make a splash in free agency and get good pick ups in the draft with Rob at the helm.I have a feeling Rob will be much more able at making trades and pick ups than Otis ever was. Of course, by able, I mean he won't only pick up his "Golden boys" from yesteryear.

I absolutely think 'Meer could do a number on Dwight.

I see him doing some damage, but that's a heavy weight fight. Dwight may be childish but I have a feeling he can handle himself. One punch from Dwight and a man Mee's size is down.

I see him doing some damage, but that's a heavy weight fight. Dwight may be childish but I have a feeling he can handle himself. One punch from Dwight and a man Mee's size is down.

Yes, but see, I doubt Howard has ever had to handle himself. I have a feeling that 'Meer grew up doing just that.

I absolutely think 'Meer could do a number on Dwight.

429552_3133058839776_534110477_n.jpg

[from late last season, i can't remember which game it was though...]

i0BXgTn5xrSFa.gif

Send him to toronto for cash and any picks they want to give up. Nobody likes to play there! Warm suny Orlando to Toronto freezing cold crap HAHAHHA

Or keep him here all year offer him minimum wage, force him to play so i can booo the hell out of him every time he touches the ball and laugh so loud every time he misses a free throw!

• Downvote 2

Send him to toronto for cash and any picks they want to give up. Nobody likes to play there! Warm suny Orlando to Toronto freezing cold crap HAHAHHA

Or keep him here all year offer him minimum wage, force him to play so i can booo the hell out of him every time he touches the ball and laugh so loud every time he misses a free throw!

Or u can trade him to Charlotte for Kimba Walker, Michael Jordan, And crate of Jiff.

If the magic keep Dwight they will be a mediocre team at best for the next few years because of the other bad contracts. He would be about 30 when you can actually make a run at a superstar. Besides he already scorned Orlando, would you take back a hot ex-girlfriend just because she had no other choice? Trade him to Houston and start new.

I don't see whats the big deal about Dwight is anyways, he puts up good stats but from the games I have seen him play he seems to struggle against large guys like Bynum and Perkins. As a Laker fan I really hope we don't trade for him because Bynum's offensive game seems smooth and can become very dominant in the near future while Dwight's seems to be more mechanical and unnatural.