Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

Tracy McGrady, Grant Hill, Dwight Howard, SVG...they can't all be wrong about ownership and management here, can they?

A Greg Oden on the cheap would be nice.If he were a thoroughbred he would of been put out to pasture three times over with his bad wheels.

incorrect.

Tracy McGrady, Grant Hill, Dwight Howard, SVG...they can't all be wrong about ownership and management here, can they?

No... Unfortunately multiple occurrences equal a trend, and a trend equals reality... So.

Silver Lining, Detroit Lions were the same exact way except for 50+yrs. Same Ownership, Different FO Management, Coaches and Players, Same Results.... Failure. However, they might of actually picked it right for a change with their current round of Management, Coaches and Players. And so they are seeing success, and so is their talented young players who are believing in that success and wanting to stay to achieve their career dreams.

The Magic are in this boat, and we are about to find out if this round is the right mix. If so, we will see our team rise and try to contend for the championship. If not, then its back to the drawing board to find the right mix. But I have a feeling that we are on the right path, just have to see how it all plays out.

Please see the "stacked" free agents next summer!

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents/

Imagine keeping our rooks, buying out Hedo, Harrington..

Sign a max, a solid 8-10 mil player and a solid mid level.. Plus the draft next year..

We also have picks for years to come and the TPE to use on a S&T for a restricted FA next year...

Big things coming!!!

Fill our salary back to cap with solid youth, mature prime players and we have the ability to extend them with bird rights and be back in the 80 mil salary we were before with a 5 year run at the finals!

Yes. Yes, they most certainly can.

If you want to single out Smith and Puckhead, fine. But Williams and Gabriel had much better tenures.

Please see the "stacked" free agents next summer!

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents/

Imagine keeping our rooks, buying out Hedo, Harrington..

Sign a max, a solid 8-10 mil player and a solid mid level.. Plus the draft next year..

We also have picks for years to come and the TPE to use on a S&T for a restricted FA next year...

Big things coming!!!

Fill our salary back to cap with solid youth, mature prime players and we have the ability to extend them with bird rights and be back in the 80 mil salary we were before with a 5 year run at the finals!

Otis?

• Upvote 1

If you want to single out Smith and Puckhead, fine. But Williams and Gabriel had much better tenures.

Hill is about the only level headed individual out of that group.

s*it rolls down hill? I think ownership sets the tone here. They may (and I really believe this part) not be intentionally doing things to screw players/coaches etc. but I believe they breed a culture that is a root issue in terms of talent and coaching.

Hill is about the only level headed individual out of that group.

You're the cutest. But really, Hill is probably a shade more than "about the only level headed...", he's been remarked as a pro's pro for ever and I truly believe his departure was due to something within the hierarchy of the organization.

Call it bad draws or whatever you prefer, but I don't think you can lucidly dismiss there being an issue any longer.

W.W.J.G.D.?

s*it rolls down hill? I think ownership sets the tone here. They may (and I really believe this part) not be intentionally doing things to screw players/coaches etc. but I believe they breed a culture that is a root issue in terms of talent and coaching.

You're the cutest. But really, Hill is probably a shade more than "about the only level headed...", he's been remarked as a pro's pro for ever and I truly believe his departure was due to something within the hierarchy of the organization.

Call it bad draws or whatever you prefer, but I don't think you can lucidly dismiss there being an issue any longer.

W.W.J.G.D.?

I agree with you about Hill, I wasn't trying to downplay his professionalism. I just think Hill wanted to go play for a Phoenix team that was coming off a string of successful seasons whereas we were just sort..blah. Change of scenery, not necessarily having anything to do with Devos.

Hell, Dwight seemed to love Devos up until recently, right around the time he started preaching Brooklyn. He saw the opportunity to play for a big market with his boy and Jay Z, and like a greedy little child always wanting more, jumped on it.

I don't care if Devos called him a jerk one night at Applebees, this franchise bent over backwards for that clown and that's all there is to it. Unless they went and smacked his parents in the mouth, which I doubt since it was reported his folks wanted him to stay in ORL, then I can't possibly think of something that was done that was so awful to drive him out of town.

But that's just me sweetheart and I love you to death.

• Upvote 1

I can't remember anything specific about T-Mac and DeVos, but I do know that Shaq and Howard are on record as having loved Rich DeVos. So, for the media to say that it is an ownership thing, I don't buy that.

You also can't say that it is entirely a management thing, because there has not been any one person in management that is a common denominator throughout the years.

I think bad decisions were made along the way, by multiple people. We also had bad luck. But we tend to view all of these decisions in a sharper focus because it is our team. But I'm sure you can make a case for any number of other teams in the league that have had similar histories. It isn't just us and our management/ownership.

Hill is a class act and a smart guy. But he still did things that hampered our organization, beyond signing the actual contract.

• Upvote 1

I agree with you about Hill, I wasn't trying to downplay his professionalism. I just think Hill wanted to go play for a Phoenix team that was coming off a string of successful seasons whereas we were just sort..blah. Change of scenery, not necessarily having anything to do with Devos.

Hell, Dwight seemed to love Devos up until recently, right around the time he started preaching Brooklyn. He saw the opportunity to play for a big market with his boy and Jay Z, and like a greedy little child always wanting more, jumped on it.

I don't care if Devos called him a jerk one night at Applebees, this franchise bent over backwards for that clown and that's all there is to it. Unless they went and smacked his parents in the mouth, which I doubt since it was reported his folks wanted him to stay in ORL, then I can't possibly think of something that was done that was so awful to drive him out of town.

But that's just me sweetheart and I love you to death.

the Dwight thing, it's a flipping mystery. I don't doubt we did everything for him. Keys to the city, DeVos' granddaughter...all of that. But part of me wonders if it's like when you mess up and you try and try to mend the fence but you just can't. Trust me, I really want to hate Dwight to death but...I don't know if it's all in his backyard or not.

the Dwight thing, it's a flipping mystery. I don't doubt we did everything for him. Keys to the city, DeVos' granddaughter...all of that. But part of me wonders if it's like when you mess up and you try and try to mend the fence but you just can't. Trust me, I really want to hate Dwight to death but...I don't know if it's all in his backyard or not.

I don't hate Dwight for wanting out of the mess Otis made. I do hate him for the arrogance and childish ways with which he handled it. I'm not one to believe a lot of what YaBoy says, but pouting over not getting the private jet to LA? Refusing to call Martins because he was annoyed Alex hadn't called him? Threatening to file 'blackmail' complaints? If any of these things are true, he's a complete jackass, and I'm glad he's gone.