2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

Look at all are possibilities

Inside the Magic: Kyle O'Quin

Inside the Magic: Andrew Nicholson

Inside the Magic: Mo Harkless

Inside the Magic: Aaron Afflalo

Inside the Magic: Nikola Nucevic

Inside the Magic: Justin Harper

Inside the Magic: Christian Eyenga(if he makes team)

Inside the Magic: Ish Smith

Inside the Magic: DeAndre Liggins(if he makes team)

Inside the Magic: Gustavo Ayon

Inside the Magic: Josh McRoberts(if he makes team)

HAHA should be a fun season

Hey there brothers, I'm back from knee surgery :)

Can I change my username now or isn't this shtick over yet?

What kind of knee surgery?

I am 5wks out from acl surgery.

Best wishes on your recovery!

Mediocre defensive team? Oh you mean the team tied for 3rd in FG% allowed. The guy has improved every year and has huge upside. He lead the league in blocks and also has a solid jumper that will only get better. Yeah he has no game with his back to the basket along with half the bigs in the league today but is already becoming a top player at his position and is still very raw.

3rd best on his team? Okay I know where you are going with this Westbrook and Perkins are better. Perkins is a great post defender but he can't guard the pick and roll at all, you can basically force Brooks to sit Perkins just by running it. Westbrook is a great defender but Ibaka still affects the game the most on that end. Ibaka had a PER last year of like 19 and do you know how many bigs make more money or equal to Ibaka's new deal? I'm not going to waste my time doing all the research for you but you will see quickly he isn't overpaid. Most would argue for his potential and based on his current growth rate he is actually underpaid. The guy is 22 years old and I expect him to be an all-star by the time he is 25. Bigs are at a premium and saying 12 mil a yr is overpaying is ridiculous.

Ibaka will never be a good offensive player since he has terrible hands and that's essentially impossible to overcome. He might be worth his contract if he learns good defensive rebounding position and how to guard pick-and-rolls but I doubt that will happen since he's already gotten such high praise and a huge contract for gambling wildly on every defensive possession. Also, Ibaka was restricted next summer. The fact that OKC didn't let the market decide his value and instead opted to give him a huge extension after a pretty miserable Finals performance is indicative of impatient management.

And you have certain proof of him being involved in "basketball decisions"?

John Hollinger. BTW I used the word "seems".

And even if he is, do you accept the idea that business owners should not play an important role in franchise altering decisions that could hamper the franchise for years to come?

When it comes to sports? Absolutely not. That's how you suck for years to come. Hire a basketball guy to make the basketball decision and you **** and right the damn checks. That is of course if you want to win.

With the above comment are you implying you are not satisfied with the recent deal for Howard?

I'm perfectly fine with the deal.

And if not, do you propose something better!

Should of traded him before last season.

I don't understand your logic. You're making yourself look like an incompetent imbecile with comments like above.

And your a newb that's going to become a Laker fan when the Magic start the season and you realize the team is in full suck mode. Why wait? Take your "incompetent imbecile with comments" azz to the Laker forums. I'll still be here taking in the pain of losing while I watch my favorite team hopefully rebuild successfully.

What kind of knee surgery?

I am 5wks out from acl surgery.

Best wishes on your recovery!

ACL :)

Surgery was 2 days ago, now I'm back home

Same for you

Ibaka will never be a good offensive player since he has terrible hands and that's essentially impossible to overcome. He might be worth his contract if he learns good defensive rebounding position and how to guard pick-and-rolls but I doubt that will happen since he's already gotten such high praise and a huge contract for gambling wildly on every defensive possession. Also, Ibaka was restricted next summer. The fact that OKC didn't let the market decide his value and instead opted to give him a huge extension after a pretty miserable Finals performance is indicative of impatient management.

Yeah I think they were afraid what his market value would be. That is why it was a good deal, he will be worth far more than that in two years. Ibaka is a great pick and roll defender so I don't understand that comment. He finishes well around the rim and has an above average mid-range for his size at 22 yrs old and still raw. He has terrible hands so he will never be a good offensive player? I don't even know what that means or where you come up with that statement in the first place.

• Upvote 1