Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

:svgsad:

did we trade for Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins yet?

lol, that may cause me to officially lose it. I can't take anymore headcases.

Wouldn't tweets be a form of contribution? Saying he contributes nothing in one breath then saying his remotely useful tweets in another seems rather a contradiction. No?

Fair enough. He contributes almost nothing. Is that better?

...and posts that consist of nothing but a letter.

Dear Emory,

Why are you so mean to me? It hurts my feelings when you berate me in front of my peers. I just want to fit in with all the other silliness that goes on in this place, but you make it so difficult some times. I wish we could be friends. I look up to you and Jareth and aspire to be just like you guys. Can we try to overcome our difficulties, put the past behind us, and start over fresh?

Your friend,

Beast from the East

Seriously now, let's get back on "topic" and focus on Magic off-season moves, for the love of all that his holy.

Guys? Can we talk about basketball now rather than this inner-board pissing match? C'mon, sons! Hug it out.

As for Ish, I hope the guy flips a switch/pays attention/does whatever he needs to do. When he played well, it was pretty cool to see, but it seemed like the majority of his albeit limited minutes, he played like he was playing a pickup game at the gym.

I want to think at least part of that was Stan and his lack of patience with younger or undeveloped players. Here's hoping he didn't have a glaring reason for that. Also, now that we're firmly out of contention, don't have any Dwights or JRiches, there's no reason not to play everyone and see what we actually have.

Warning: This is basketball related.. If you don't want to read basketball related material please move on...

I had a wild thought.. Who thinks Chris Paul is dead set on LA? Think there is any chance LA gets the indication he wants to move on and possibly trade him by deadline? Would our 17 mil TE come into play for a scenario like this? Maybe Hedo and or Al's contract and this TE for Chris Paul and build around him?

Warning: This is basketball related.. If you don't want to read basketball related material please move on...

I had a wild thought.. Who thinks Chris Paul is dead set on LA? Think there is any chance LA gets the indication he wants to move on and possibly trade him by deadline? Would our 17 mil TE come into play for a scenario like this? Maybe Hedo and or Al's contract and this TE for Chris Paul and build around him?

First, why would Hedo and/or Al's contract be enough to acquire Chris Paul? Second, what would be the point at this stage in the rebuilding process?

We would be much better off conserving our cap flexibility, taking the time to build through the draft and letting our young guys learn and once we are on the cusp of contending, use our cap flexibility to push us over the hump.

I think once Howard got traded it cemented him staying in LA. Always thought 12 wanted to play with Cp3 over Deron.

No, but I agree that is a wild thought

Just given LA's history, I'd say there's a chance, but I don't think it's likely. It seems like the Clips have finally decided that winning and having an exciting team might possibly sell more tickets than being the laughing stock and whipping boy of the NBA.

Added to that the fact that Chris Paul isn't all that young anymore, has a history of being made out of glass, and likely wouldn't leave the bright lights of LA to play for the Mouse. Pairing him with Dwight would have been awesome. Now, it would be like when we got Stevie Franchise.

Guys? Can we talk about basketball now rather than this inner-board pissing match? C'mon, sons! Hug it out.

As for Ish, I hope the guy flips a switch/pays attention/does whatever he needs to do. When he played well, it was pretty cool to see, but it seemed like the majority of his albeit limited minutes, he played like he was playing a pickup game at the gym.

I want to think at least part of that was Stan and his lack of patience with younger or undeveloped players. Here's hoping he didn't have a glaring reason for that. Also, now that we're firmly out of contention, don't have any Dwights or JRiches, there's no reason not to play everyone and see what we actually have.

Seemed like to me when Ish was in he tried far too hard because he knew his minutes were limited. Maybe we get a more relax Ish this time around knowing we have people to help him develop properly.

1. Just because we are re building doesnt mean we cant pick up our star play sooner than later...

2. If you think more about it, Chris Paul is going to have a harder time getting into the finals in the west compared to the east...

3. If we play our cards right we could sign another big FA in the offseason along with his contract and lots of youth behind him for the long term.

4. He's a class act. Fits our style and shows Orlando is ready to grow again