Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

@johnhollinger: As many noted, Denver got a better haul from Melo trade than Orlando did from Howard trade.

@johnhollinger: But, can also argue Denver got a better haul from Howard trade than Orlando did from Howard trade.

Hollinger 100% right. This trade sucked balls, but whatever. Gotta rebuild somehow.

Maurice Harkless ‏@moe_harkless

Enjoyed my short stay in Philly, but excited to get started in Orlando now!

I really am excited about Harkless. Dude is an athletic freak, he can develop into an Iggy-like player. I just hope Hedo won't eat too much of his minutes this year.

• Upvote 1

I really am excited about Harkless. Dude is an athletic freak, he can develop into an Iggy-like player. I just hope Hedo won't eat too much of his minutes this year.

Nah, we got rid of SVG, remember?

So if Nash gets injured, then Duhon becomes the starter?....... LMAO

No they will rape some other team for a solid pg that will "some how" fit under their cap. I wouldnt doubt they find a way to get Deron for minimum and 3 bags of pork rinds. Stern isnt done with this lakers deal yet.

• Upvote 1

MAGIC ACQUIRE SIX PLAYERS AND FIVE FUTURE DRAFT PICKS IN FOUR-TEAM, 12-PLAYER DEAL

Orlando sends Howard, Clark and Duhon to L.A. Lakers; J. Richardson to Philadelphia

Orlando, FL – The Orlando Magic have acquired six players and five future draft picks in a four-team, 12-player trade, General Manager Rob Hennigan announced today.

Orlando acquired guard Aaron Afflalo (ah-FLAH-low) and forward Al Harrington from Denver, forward Maurice Harkless and center Nikola Vucevic (KNEE-coal-uh VOOCH-uh-vitch) from Philadelphia, as well as forward Josh McRoberts and guard/forward Christian Eyenga (eye-EN-gah) from the Los Angeles Lakers.

In addition, the Magic have also acquired five additional draft picks over the next five years. Orlando receives: a second round pick from Denver in 2013, a first round pick from either Denver or New York in 2014, a conditional first round pick from Philadelphia and a conditional second round pick from the L.A. Lakers in 2015, and a conditional first round pick from the L.A. Lakers in 2017.

The Magic have traded center Dwight Howard, guard Chris Duhon and forward Earl Clark to the L.A. Lakers, while sending guard Jason Richardson to Philadelphia. As part of the deal, Philadelphia has acquired center Andrew Bynum, while Denver has acquired guard/forward Andre Iguodala.

“A primary goal for our basketball team is to achieve sustainability while maintaining a long-term vision. We feel this deal puts us in a position to begin building in that direction,” said Hennigan. “In addition to the six players joining our team, we will be in a position to maximize our salary cap flexibility in the near future, as well as utilize the multiple draft picks we have acquired going forward.”

“Dwight Howard accomplished tremendous success on and off the court during his eight years in Orlando,” said Hennigan. “We wish him, Chris (Duhon), Earl (Clark) and Jason (Richardson) all the best in the future.

Trading capspace for capspace sure is a funny way of maximizing salary cap flexibility

Otis 2.0

No, Otis would've traded him for max Brook Lopez and aging Gerald Wallace. Oh wait, he already did that before getting shot down.

The quicker some of you realize this wasn't about the return as much as showing some players the door while setting ourselves up to rebuild the better off you are.

• Upvote 4

I would understand this trade more if we are flipping Afflalo. I just don't understand the need for him, he is 27 years old and by the time we are done rebuilding he will be in his 30's. Sure he is a player I would have loved to have when Dwight was still on the team but I fail to see how he helps a rebuild.

I guess we shall see what moves will be next.