Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

See there you guys go, picking the little but out of all this bad. Dont worry my team was in the same predictament , our GM made a stupid trade and our fans backed it up, sorta like you guys are doing and now when we look back at it we be like " that was horrible & a terrible trade!" And for the record, you guys wouldn't need to dump much salary on the Rockets while getting all those rookies and rookies contracts back. But I'm curious, would you guys have liked the Nets, Rockets or this trade better?

The Nets proposed trade pissed me off. I wanted no part of a maxed out Lopez. If the Rockets had been willing to take back 2 bad contracts, while offering 2 of their rookies and some draft picks, that would have been my preference. But there is no evidence that the Rockets were offering that.

I'll take this trade. I like the future flexibility that it provides.

Give me the full details on all 3 trades first.

We dont even have the details of the trade we expect today. I dont think NBA teams advertise what trades they are offering to the public last I checked. It is always rumors. So if you want someone to give you the exact details there are two guys you need posting Rob or the gm of the other team. If you want to comment on the rumors I think the details of those rumors are out there....go ahead. No need to "give you the full details" since they never will exist until after the press conference.

DONT SAY TANK! You guys could've tanked with the Rockets and Nets trade. Hell, y'all could've tanked with just Dwight for Bynum, plus this draft is kinda nice but half of the guys isn't going to be star players. Nerlins is doing bad in camp as of now, and its a battle with Shabazz between you guys and the Bobcats, and I believe the Bibcats will win that one. Lol

The problem with the Nets deal is you are taking back a soft Brook Lopez on a max contract as well as Humphries who was likely to get paid too. The Rockets' offer is just complete speculation, they were unlikely to meet our demands knowing Dwight wouldn't stay.

See there you guys go, picking the little but out of all this bad. Dont worry my team was in the same predictament , our GM made a stupid trade and our fans backed it up, sorta like you guys are doing and now when we look back at it we be like " that was horrible & a terrible trade!" And for the record, you guys wouldn't need to dump much salary on the Rockets while getting all those rookies and rookies contracts back. But I'm curious, would you guys have liked the Nets, Rockets or this trade better?

Absolutely not to the Nets deal and if the Rockets were refusing to take back any of our garbage, then I would say no to that one, too. There are too many coveted rookies in the summer who are out of the league three years later because they don't meet up to expectations.

Let's not forget now.. With 2 powerhouses in the West, us having cap room next offseason with these moves.. Good chance at making a run at Chris Paul?

I'm getting tired of saying the same thing over and over so I'll say it right here.

The second the hiring of Rob Hennigan was announced, everyone should've seen this coming. We didn't hire a guy from the OKC/SA system to trade Dwight for good players and be a decent playoff team. He was obviously hired to blow **** up and rebuild via the draft. People need to stop looking at this deal at face value. It isn't about the return, it is about what we got rid of and that we are now in position to do what Rob was hired to do, rebuild with high draft picks. We ended up with two first round players in a deep draft and have quality big men depth that can be moved. With Hedo and Harrington being able to be bought out, pretty much everyone on the team is movable now. No more albatross contracts, we're in position to have cap space and pick high. If you don't like that we will be a bad team this year, then don't watch. Nobody is making you, I for one am looking forward to watching this team play with no expectations.

How are we getting these high picks? We won't get them through this trade and we possibly won't get them through the draft. You can't build an OKC type of team by picking 8 through 14. THe magic aren't good enough to make the playoffs and aren't bad enough to get the #1 pick

You do realize their were two other teams involved in this trade that have good young players. A better deal for the Magic would be sending Affalo and having Turner coming to the Magic

Agreed, but are you going to stop a trade over evan turner? If they offered him and we said no it would be different but they didnt offer him so what can you do?

Hahaha, really? Nets you guys would have received one of the best post players in Lopez, nice promising 6th man or starter in Marshon and Humphries(who's a complete hustler). Also some mid round pics like you got from this deal, with cap room.

Rockets you guys would've had a ton of picks, which will be good with me thinking the Rockets would've been bad even with Dwight. You have plenty of promising players while being able to tank if you fans wanted that. Oh, almost forgot and darn lottery pick from Toronto, so you would have two lottery,(can flip if you want) and plenty of youngsters(which you can flip if you want)

It is bad enough, I have to deal with our own angry Magic fans. Now, I have to deal with delusional other team's fans. Sigh

How are we getting these high picks? We won't get them through this trade and we possibly won't get them through the draft. You can't build an OKC type of team by picking 8 through 14. THe magic aren't good enough to make the playoffs and aren't bad enough to get the #1 pick

We'll be lucky to win 18 games this season

• Upvote 1

How many teams do you think we're better than? Think about it. I think we'll compete for#1