Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

The NBA happened. HWNSNBU threatened the Magic with all kinds of crap (blacklisting..etc) if Dwight was sent to HOU. Devos stepped in and of course wanted to hook up the disgruntled star as always. Stern probably sprinkled fairy dust all over the place too.

It sucks.

Hennigan took the best deal he could take since he could only trade with 2 teams. This is how the NBA works and why the NFL will always be a superior product.

That really sucks and makes me hate HWNSNBU and Stern even more. The only issue I have with this deal is that Dwight goes to LA. Hennigan did all he could.

Some of you are so out of touch with reality it's dumbfounding, and you really have no business posting on basketball message board. The amount of ignorance on here has ballooned to absurd levels.

I just joined today because I couldn't handle it anymore. I am a Toronto Maple Leafs fan (hockey for some of you) , and I thought they took the cake for being idiots. This is out of control.

just throwing money at the team hasn't worked out so far. How many years have the Knicks been spending money like the Yankees but with different results?

That has to do with the CEO/GM's not the owner. To get angry at an owner who spends money, it just stupid.

The NBA happened. HWNSNBU threatened the Magic with all kinds of crap (blacklisting..etc) if Dwight was sent to HOU. Devos stepped in and of course wanted to hook up the disgruntled star as always. Stern probably sprinkled fairy dust all over the place too.

It sucks.

Hennigan took the best deal he could take since he could only trade with 2 teams. This is how the NBA works and why the NFL will always be a superior product.

That sounds FAR more believable. I'd really, really, really like DeVos to check out.

...of the Magic organization.

just throwing money at the team hasn't worked out so far. How many years have the Knicks been spending money like the Yankees but with different results?

Indeed, the money and win now strategy of our previous FO failed. Which is why we're shipping away most of the trash and starting over to rebuild. The only thing Rob wanted was to set the team up to be picking high in the lottery, his picks in the coming years will determine how good of a GM he is, not this trade. We were pretty much screwed in getting anything of great value in a deal.

Spraying money out of a fire hose isn't how you win in this league

The best way is stealing small market stars and relocating them on big markets and having the commish tell the small market teams ****. I cant wait to see who Boston gets to pluck with their stars retiring soon. Good thing we wont have anyone they are interested. NY, Chi, LA and Miami with outlier OKC....that is what the NBA will be.

Probably negotiating for a box of cracker jacks thrown in. The prize inside might be the best return we get.

I think the deal is hinges on Orlando throwing in a years supply of bath salts for Ron Artest, but Hennigan is only willing to buy 6 months worth. This deal really shows how much commitment the lakers have to keeping Artest happy.