Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

All of the picks are protected.

That Lakers pick is protected till 2017 I believe.

The deal hasn't been finalized though.

Martin, 1 rookie, 2 draft picks which was reported by HOU beat writer Jonathan Feigan was/is a better deal than this. He also said we would be willing to take on JRich and possibly Duhon as well.

It isn't better. In this deal, we get three young players and we only get one in that deal. I also won't assume Houston was willing to give us the Toronto pick so easily.

I mean, Houston could've easily offered us the best rebuilding package and a deal never got done. That pretty much tells you they weren't so quick to move their pieces for a guy they knew didn't want to be there.

Lets just say everyone got better end of the trade then Orlando.

Trading DPOY for Aaron Afflalo, Al Harrington, marginal talent and mediocre draft picks is not a good trade no matter how you sugar coat it.

If ORL goal is to tank, why not accept HOU rookies and get back a large expiring in Martin who could be flipped at the deadline.

HOU minimal deal beats this LAL deal IMO.

Lakers gave up only Bynum for Dwight Howard. Let that sink in for you.

Totally agree, I would love to see Royce White in a Magic uni. Why are we again accepting to lose our best player to the Lakers? Do we have a mutual agreement to re-enforce the Lakers every decade with our franchise player? [irony] IMO we would get even more if Dwight hadn't opted in!!!

• Upvote 1

BTW has anybody even gotten confirmation from anybody within the Magic Organization about this trade?

Seems weird that if it has been agreed upon and is pending league approval, someone would have said something by noq.

I hope this is just a smokescreen.

Maybe because the news came out close to midnight?

It isn't better. In this deal, we get three young players and we only get one in that deal. I also won't assume Houston was willing to give us the Toronto pick so easily.

I mean, Houston could've easily offered us the best rebuilding package and a deal never got done. That pretty much tells you they weren't so quick to move their pieces for a guy they knew didn't want to be there.

Why are you defending this trade, this move is crap and we all agree! I don't want to see our best player yet again play for the Lakers, I don't want to see them win yet again the title, I don't want to see us held hostage in medicracy and below yet again for the next 5+ years. This is simple bull**** and everybody knows that!

Why are you defending this trade, this move is crap and we all agree! I don't want to see our best player yet again play for the Lakers, I don't want to see them win yet again the title, I don't want to see us held hostage in medicracy and below yet again for the next 5+ years. This is simple bull**** and everybody knows that!

All? A lot of people here can see this is about the best we can do because none of the teams willing to take Dwight had much to offer. I could care less about where Dwight ends up, he isn't in our conference so you shouldn't worry anyways. Besides, every player on that team except him and Duhon is on the verge of retirement, a ring is no sure thing with OKC and Miami around.

How are we in mediocrity? Seriously? This move puts exactly where Rob wants to be, in a position to pick high and start over with new stars. Like OKC did. If we had traded for Bynum and/or Gasol, then we are looking at being mediocre.

Also, for the record. I'm not "defending" the trade, we are obviously getting less value then we give up, but it was going to be that way no matter what. There was nothing out there any better. We got some young players a few picks and some relief going forward, all we could realistically ask for considering how bad of a position Dwight was putting us in.

This is what has my dick tied in a twist.........Philly got amazingly better, The Nuggets solved problems and the Lakers will likely be in the finals! Now the kicker is we had the centerpiece and WE GOT WORSE FML.

This is what has my dick tied in a twist.........Philly got amazingly better, The Nuggets solved problems and the Lakers will likely be in the finals! Now the kicker is we had the centerpiece and WE GOT WORSE FML.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, THE GOAL WASN'T TO GET BETTER. THERE WAS NO DEAL WE WOULD'VE MADE TO GET BETTER.

God, I can see where Jareth comes from now. Some people just don't get it.

• Upvote 1

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, THE GOAL WASN'T TO GET BETTER. THERE WAS NO DEAL WE WOULD'VE MADE TO GET BETTER.

God, I can see where Jareth comes from now. Some people just don't get it.

Yeah... let's make a run for Cody ZELLER!!! :panicworker:

• Upvote 1