Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Yes a 15% trade kicker

Hey guys. Remember me? The Laker fan? I just wanted to let you know that there is no trade kicker on the Brook Lopez contract. You cannot exceed the maximum salary under any circumstances as confirmed below.

Link: http://sulia.com/channel/brooklyn-nets/f/9e099dee-12e1-469f-81ac-ffa4917c2257/

You can relax now in that regard. Having said that, Brook Lopez's contract is already far too much for Orlando or any other team to take on considering his talent level. Besides, I think Orlando wants to still have some fans when this is all said and done :lol:

Hey guys. Remember me? The Laker fan? I just wanted to let you know that there is no trade kicker on the Brook Lopez contract. You cannot exceed the maximum salary under any circumstances as confirmed below.

Link: http://sulia.com/channel/brooklyn-nets/f/9e099dee-12e1-469f-81ac-ffa4917c2257/

You can relax now in that regard. Having said that, Brook Lopez's contract is already far too much for Orlando or any other team to take on considering his talent level. Besides, I think Orlando wants to still have some fans when this is all said and done :lol:

Hahaha right? Good lord what an awful trade. Who does Brooklyn think they are? The Feganing Lakers?

I guess that's good to know? I wish we didn't even have to talk about Lopez in general. Another perk of Dwight getting traded soon.

Frankly I don't think you guys have to. There is absolutely no way Orlando is gonna directly or indirectly be able to offload that contract for Brooklyn. There is only two leading options as it stands right now (subject to change as the story unfolds):

1. Houston really does give up the farm and gambles on Howard

2. Three-team trade between Lakers and Orlando with Houston/Cleveland as the facilitator.

Frankly I don't think you guys have to. There is absolutely no way Orlando is gonna directly or indirectly be able to offload that contract for Brooklyn. There is only two leading options as it stands right now (subject to change as the story unfolds):

1. Houston really does give up the farm and gambles on Howard

2. Three-team trade between Lakers and Orlando with Houston/Cleveland as the facilitator.

3. Houston doesn't give up the farm and offers the same package that Orlando would get in a three team deal, cutting the Lakers out of the deal completely. Essentially what they've been trying to do all along.

3. Houston doesn't give up the farm and offers the same package that Orlando would get in a three team deal, cutting the Lakers out of the deal completely. Essentially what they've been trying to do all along.

With all due respect, I said "likely" options as things stand right NOW. I cannot in good conscience list that as a likely scenario right now with Howard beating the Dallas drum and threatening to leave. That COULD change as time goes on. If evidence surfaces that Houston is still willing to offer that full package in spite of Howard's warnings, I would consider it as another likely option. Until then, I cannot consider it a logical choice.

By the way, Houston's offer actually was giving up the farm. Anything much less would not be sufficient to get the deal done. That is why Bynum is on the radar for them.

With all due respect, I said "likely" options as things stand right NOW. I cannot in good conscience list that as a likely scenario right now with Howard beating the Dallas drum and threatening to leave. That COULD change as time goes on. If evidence surfaces that Houston is still willing to offer that full package in spite of Howard's warnings, I would consider it as another likely option. Until the, I cannot consider it a logical choice.

I just can't follow this logic. Dwight has said ALL ALONG that he doesn't want Houston and will walk. "Beating the Dallas drum" is nothing new, you can read about that threat in articles months and months ago. I don't know where you got an idea that anything has changed. The Rockets can offer everything that would be offered in a 3 way deal. I can't in good conscience list a 3 way deal more likely than a 2 way.

Last month tweet from Woj:

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA

Rockets remain strongly engaged w/ Orlando in direct talks for Dwight Howard, sources tell Y! They've spent little time on 3-way scenarios.

There are also reports from various outlets that Cleveland is involved in discussions, but only willing to give up Varajao and picks. Other reports are that the Cleveland rumors have no merit, and they aren't interested at all.

So please tell me, why oh why would anyone consider a 3-way Laker trade a likely scenario, yet scoff at the idea of the Rockets trading for Dwight at this point? I have a hunch that it's because you're a Laker fan, and really want Dwight.

By the way, Houston's offer actually was giving up the farm. Anything much less would not be sufficient to get the deal done. That is why Bynum is on the radar for them.

Oh really? I didn't realize you were an insider. The day after Stein posted the 'give up the farm' article, Aldridge put out his report about that offer being false. Morey was on a radio interview a week later and denied it as well. I can dig it up for you if you want. You should go over the facts. Your presumptive, matter-of-fact posting style can spread misinformation.

• Upvote 2

Rockets remain strongly engaged w/ Orlando in direct talks for Dwight Howard, sources tell Y! They've spent little time on 3-way scenarios.

There are also reports from various outlets that Cleveland is involved in discussions, but only willing to give up Varajao and picks. Other reports are that the Cleveland rumors have no merit, and they aren't interested at all.

So please tell me, why oh why would anyone consider a 3-way Laker trade a likely scenario, yet scoff at the idea of the Rockets trading for Dwight at this point? I have a hunch that it's because you're a Laker fan, and really want Dwight.

Oh really? I didn't realize you were an insider. The day after Stein posted the 'give up the farm' article, Aldridge put out his report about that offer being false. Morey was on a radio interview a week later and denied it as well. I can dig it up for you if you want. You should go over the facts. Your presumptive, matter-of-fact posting style can spread misinformation.

Cleveland is a joke, I don't why anyone wants to trade with them. Since When is Andrew Bynum= Anderson Varajao?

• Upvote 1

Cleveland is a joke, I don't why anyone wants to trade with them. Since When is Andrew Bynum= Anderson Varajao?

I agree, they just seem to be content with being used as leverage, just like the Brooklyn deal.

• Upvote 1

That news from Woj. was from 3 weeks ago. Learning that Howard has been warning Houston that he will leave for Dallas was 8 days ago. We haven't heard much about what Houston has been offering since then. It is only logical that the offer could only remain the same or get worse after that. As I said, we have no clue what Houston's offer stance is on getting Howard. That quote from Woj. is severely outdated and this stuff changes on a daily (sometimes hourly) basis. That is why I cannot present that as a viable option AT THIS TIME.

You don't have to agree with me. There is no right answer here as none of us are reporters. I just think that we must adapt to the time-frame in which this story as unfolding. I would have NO CHOICE but to consider the Rockets a viable direct option should new evidence present itself.

Edit: Of course I was Howard! Are you kidding me? That's no reason to try and diminish my opinion. Relax, dude!