Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c5ztlws

If we could flip Noah to another team, say Cleveland for AV's shorter deal or something like that. Give me some picks and I'd be content with this deal at this point.

Gibson, Teague, Butler and maybe like I said if we could swing Noah for a wing or something.

Nelson, Teague,

Redick, Richardson (who I feel we could deal to a contender)

Deng, Butler, Clark

Gibson, Nicholson

Baby, Ayon, O'Quinn

It's not the worst deal in the world. So long as we can move Noah. I like Deng despite his shortcomings. Plays hard. 2 year deal isn't crippling as we wouldn't be FA players for a few years anyhow.

I know I'm missing AV or the "wing" on my proposed depth chart but that's the bare bones of it.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cp9fkbl

I was Bored, so this is what I came up with...

Here is a Very Fair trade for all teams involved... 3 Team Deal with LA and Houston....

Click HERE for ESPN Trade Machine- Houston-LA-Orlando 3-way Trade Link

There are a few players and picks added, that the Trade Machine would not include.... See below for those details...

Orlando gets rid of all the Bad contracts that they would need to.. Orlando Gets Lamb, Parsons, Toronto Pick, and Dallas Pick to build on.... Plus we get a Large Expiring in K-Mart this year, and a Larger Expiring in Pau Next Year, to trade for pieces we need or let them expire for cap room... Lots of Flexibility and a Great Start for re-building..

Houston Gets Bynum (who would re-sign with them), and only has to take the Bad contract of Duhon back from us... They would also get Devin Ebanks from LA, for giving up Parsons, They get to keep White and Jones, along with D-Mo, all they would need to find is a SG, for a nucleus of a pretty good young team.. With still keeping there own picks and some good pieces to trade for that SG..

LA would need to Bite the Bullet as they are the ones getting the BEST Center in the Game, that is willing to Re-sign with them, according to reports.. They would have to give up Bynum and Gasol, and Ebanks, but get Back DH12, Patrick Patterson, JRich and Turk, and Earl Clark... All of the players they get would contribute to a Very good chance at a Championship run for the next couple of years... JRich could Back-up Kobe and play some SF. Turk could play Point-Forward, when Nash is out, P.Patterson could be a learning young PF behind Jamison... Earl Clark could play a few positions for them. All players they get would help in the Chase, not hurt them.. Turk and JRich could stay fresher by playing less minutes, and Turk is almost an Expiring Contract, since his buyout is next year... I know supposedly they do not want to part with Gasol, but they need to do whatever they can to WIN a Championship Now, because Kobe ain't getting any younger...

All 3 teams give up Players that they would all rather Keep, but all Teams Benefit in the end... I do not think you could get a much fairer trade for all 3 teams than this...

I was Bored, so this is what I came up with...

Here is a Very Fair trade for all teams involved... 3 Team Deal with LA and Houston....

Click HERE for ESPN Trade Machine- Houston-LA-Orlando 3-way Trade Link

There are a few players and picks added, that the Trade Machine would not include.... See below for those details...

Orlando gets rid of all the Bad contracts that they would need to.. Orlando Gets Lamb, Parsons, Toronto Pick, and Dallas Pick to build on.... Plus we get a Large Expiring in K-Mart this year, and a Larger Expiring in Pau Next Year, to trade for pieces we need or let them expire for cap room... Lots of Flexibility and a Great Start for re-building..

Houston Gets Bynum (who would re-sign with them), and only has to take the Bad contract of Duhon back from us... They would also get Devin Ebanks from LA, for giving up Parsons, They get to keep White and Jones, along with D-Mo, all they would need to find is a SG, for a nucleus of a pretty good young team.. With still keeping there own picks and some good pieces to trade for that SG..

LA would need to Bite the Bullet as they are the ones getting the BEST Center in the Game, that is willing to Re-sign with them, according to reports.. They would have to give up Bynum and Gasol, and Ebanks, but get Back DH12, Patrick Patterson, JRich and Turk, and Earl Clark... All of the players they get would contribute to a Very good chance at a Championship run for the next couple of years... JRich could Back-up Kobe and play some SF. Turk could play Point-Forward, when Nash is out, P.Patterson could be a learning young PF behind Jamison... Earl Clark could play a few positions for them. All players they get would help in the Chase, not hurt them.. Turk and JRich could stay fresher by playing less minutes, and Turk is almost an Expiring Contract, since his buyout is next year... I know supposedly they do not want to part with Gasol, but they need to do whatever they can to WIN a Championship Now, because Kobe ain't getting any younger...

All 3 teams give up Players that they would all rather Keep, but all Teams Benefit in the end... I do not think you could get a much fairer trade for all 3 teams than this...

I don't see why Houston would make this deal. They don't even want to give Martin+Lamb+Parsons+Filler for Howard. Why would they give that up for Bynum and dudu?

I don't see why Houston would make this deal. They don't even want to give Martin+Lamb+Parsons+Filler for Howard. Why would they give that up for Bynum and dudu?

My best response to that is... If they do not do this deal they are stuck in Mediocrity for a few more years, and Morey did not make all these moves to come away empty handed...

In Bynum they would get a Top 2 Center to build around for years to come(barring knee issues of course)..

They do not want to give up as much for Dwight at this point, because there is a Great chance that he may just be a 1 Year Rental, but Bynum would re-sign with Houston after the season.

So you have to ask yourself, if you are Houston.... Do we stand pat and not get either one of the top 2 centers in the league, or do we follow through with our plans and get Bynum and a commitment for long term, while also keeping most of our young assets, and flexibility to continuing building with...

I think that is a pretty easy answer for Houston!!! I think LA would be the ones that would Balk the most, but once again they want the BEST Center in Basketball to team with Kobe, while Kobe is still actually "Kobe"...

I am sure Orlando would do a deal straight up with Houston also, but Houston does not seem to want to take back many so-called Bad Contracts... To me J.Rich going to LA is not a Bad Contract as they need a good Back-up for Kobe, neither is Turk, because of what he could bring off the bench for them, and he has a Buy-out next year... Bad contracts that we have are only Bad if the team getting them does not need them or they cannot help them in the current situation... The only TRUE Bad Contract we have is Duhon, not because of the amount, because he has a buy-out next year also, but because he does not contribute anything of value at all!!!

• Upvote 1

Well CBS Sports loves us....lol

"The only truly fair way to grade Orlando's offseason will be to assess the eventual terms of the inevitable Howard trade. Are they able to move out of an ugly contract or two? Are they able to get back salary cap relief, a talented player in his prime and multiple prospects and Draft picks? If so, the whole aura about the Magic will change overnight. Until then, though, Orlando is to be judged on the fact that they haven't moved Howard. Considering the circumstances, that's a disaster, and nothing else that happened over the last two months has eased the pain in any meaningful way.

Grade (for now): F" CBS Sports

Well CBS Sports loves us....lol

"The only truly fair way to grade Orlando's offseason will be to assess the eventual terms of the inevitable Howard trade. Are they able to move out of an ugly contract or two? Are they able to get back salary cap relief, a talented player in his prime and multiple prospects and Draft picks? If so, the whole aura about the Magic will change overnight. Until then, though, Orlando is to be judged on the fact that they haven't moved Howard. Considering the circumstances, that's a disaster, and nothing else that happened over the last two months has eased the pain in any meaningful way.

Grade (for now): F" CBS Sports

whoever wrote that is a moron

"We can't judge them because they haven't moved howard yet, but they still get an F for not moving Howard."

yea okay, that makes total sense. Why not just say we should have traded him for Lopez i.e. crap? But then of course "The magic didn't get anything in value back, they still fail dur dur dur."

so stupid.

for more lolz

the Magic apparently felt they were unable to pay a reasonable $4 year, $36 million to emerging forward Ryan Anderson, who has shown the ability to score, shoot the three and be a productive rebounder at the age of 24.

Articles that give teams "grades" for their off-season are so ignorant. I can't tell if the authors don't know any better or they expect their readers to be dumb.

How productive a team can be during the off-season depends on their cap flexibility going into the offseason. Orlando deserves an "F" for what they've set themselves up for, not necessarily for not signing new free agents they can't possibly go after with no cap room.

Some teams make good decisions that leave them inflexible down the road. San Antonio can't do much this offseason but keep the players they already had together. They're still the best managed team in the NBA though.

My best response to that is... If they do not do this deal they are stuck in Mediocrity for a few more years, and Morey did not make all these moves to come away empty handed...

In Bynum they would get a Top 2 Center to build around for years to come(barring knee issues of course)..

They do not want to give up as much for Dwight at this point, because there is a Great chance that he may just be a 1 Year Rental, but Bynum would re-sign with Houston after the season.

So you have to ask yourself, if you are Houston.... Do we stand pat and not get either one of the top 2 centers in the league, or do we follow through with our plans and get Bynum and a commitment for long term, while also keeping most of our young assets, and flexibility to continuing building with...

I think that is a pretty easy answer for Houston!!! I think LA would be the ones that would Balk the most, but once again they want the BEST Center in Basketball to team with Kobe, while Kobe is still actually "Kobe"...

I am sure Orlando would do a deal straight up with Houston also, but Houston does not seem to want to take back many so-called Bad Contracts... To me J.Rich going to LA is not a Bad Contract as they need a good Back-up for Kobe, neither is Turk, because of what he could bring off the bench for them, and he has a Buy-out next year... Bad contracts that we have are only Bad if the team getting them does not need them or they cannot help them in the current situation... The only TRUE Bad Contract we have is Duhon, not because of the amount, because he has a buy-out next year also, but because he does not contribute anything of value at all!!!

But it's not Bynum or nothing for Houston. LA can't do the deal without the Rockets, and they can refuse to involve the Lakers. LA doesn't want to let go of Gasol either, they're very excited to see how he works with Nash.

Hey guys! Laker fan here. I just have a few questions.

1) Do you guys still think that Houston is offering the farm for Howard? My honest opinion is no. I think no matter how "ok" they were with Howard not committing long-term (because they felt they could convince him to stay) they were scared straight when he threatened to walk to Dallas. DARING him to do so and walk away from money is not a good start to a relationship. No disrespect, but Houston is not Boston and Howard is not KG.

2) Would you guys be ok with him going to the Lakers? Whether through a direct or indirect trade if it still lets you shed contracts and bring in prospects and picks? Obviously if it's a direct trade you can only probably shed one bad contract and the only prospects would be few; but you would at least have Bynum. What if Bynum committed to the Magic long-term?

I'm betting Devos is likely telling Hennigan not to trade with the Lakers unless every nook and cranny is explored first.

So would you guys be ok with trading with the Lakers if it meant this would all be over? We are likely as sick of this as you are. What realistic deal do you think will happen when it's all said and done?

But it's not Bynum or nothing for Houston. LA can't do the deal without the Rockets, and they can refuse to involve the Lakers. LA doesn't want to let go of Gasol either, they're very excited to see how he works with Nash.

LA can do the a deal without the rockets. They will just involve Cleveland =).

Hey guys! Laker fan here. I just have a few questions.

1) Do you guys still think that Houston is offering the farm for Howard? My honest opinion is no. I think no matter how "ok" they were with Howard not committing long-term (because they felt they could convince him to stay) they were scared straight when he threatened to walk to Dallas. DARING him to do so and walk away from money is not a good start to a relationship. No disrespect, but Houston is not Boston and Howard is not KG.

2) Would you guys be ok with him going to the Lakers? Whether through a direct or indirect trade if it still lets you shed contracts and bring in prospects and picks? Obviously if it's a direct trade you can only probably shed one bad contract and the only prospects would be few; but you would at least have Bynum. What if Bynum committed to the Magic long-term?

I'm betting Devos is likely telling Hennigan not to trade with the Lakers unless every nook and cranny is explored first.

So would you guys be ok with trading with the Lakers if it meant this would all be over? We are likely as sick of this as you are. What realistic deal do you think will happen when it's all said and done?

You are no salesman. As sick as we are? There's just no way you've even got your bearings on this. Your comparison of kg and Howard is severely flawed. No, I don't want bynum just for the sake of ending this. If that was the case I would have opened my arms to golden state some time ago.