Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Is terrence jones a 3 or 4 or is he both if anybody knows we definitely should deal with houston f### la

I think he could play either. Though he's more of a 4, he does have decent ball handling/shooting range.

EDIT: For the record, I'm not saying he should be a 3. It'd be situational.

Is terrence jones a 3 or 4 or is he both if anybody knows we definitely should deal with houston f### la

He's both. Rather than a tweener, I'd say he's a hybrid a la Odom.

And to those of you arguing that the contracts shipped with Dwight are good players, its not about that. The more salary we take back, the more it kills our flexibility, which could be huge for us next summer. If there's one thing Morey has preached about more than getting a star, it's maintaining flexibility .

He's both. Rather than a tweener, I'd say he's a hybrid a la Odom.

And to those of you arguing that the contracts shipped with Dwight are good players, its not about that. The more salary we take back, the more it kills our flexibility, which could be huge for us next summer. If there's one thing Morey has preached about more than getting a star, it's maintaining flexibility .

i think being a tweener is the problem with jones.

and to your second item. that was the point of my post you have as much flexibility as you can possibly have getting dwight. as far as what you'd take back vs what it would have been a year ago. i see houston fans talking as if there would even be a discussion of dwight for kmart/dmo/lamb/pick in any other world. you can never trade for a player like dwight and "remain flexible" with pieces around him that make him happy.

the only way to get an all world player and remain flexible is to get lucky and draft that guy. or blow your team up for rookies and picks which you then trade for an all world player which is almost what happened here.

if he were to stay in orland we'd have no flexibility. once you add a guy to pair with dwight, flexibility is gone and it better work. it's all-world talent and others or rookies with "potential" to be something in a few years and flexibility during those few years to try to glue together something that works. i saw people saying relating houstons rookies to the "okc model" i just don't even see that being remotely possible if we weren't to do a trade.

really if not for the lin/asik offer sheets, houston could have had SUPER flexibility and still got dwight, so i mean if anything the bloated asik/lin offers are what kills flexibility. not taking on jrich with dwight.

I want an opinion on this.

So if it's just going to be the HOU/ORL trading

Houston must offer

Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, Gary Forbes, Royce White, Terrence Jones, Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris, Toronto's first round pick, Rockets 2014 first round pick, Dallas 2013 First round pick, 2013 second round draft pick from Charlotte.

Magic Offer

D-12, Chris Duhon, Hedo Turkoglu, Kyle Q'uinn

If you were Houston would you offer all of that just for D-12 knowing he might not re-sign with you after the 12-13 NBA season?

BTW Salary's Match.

I also have a feeling Magic are waiting until August because the Rockets can't trade Terrence Jones until the 9th of August.

• Downvote 3

Which guy? Theres like a ton of users on here that need to be banned.

floyd is on both here and the Rockets board, posing as both a Magic and Rockets fan while pushing a Dwight to LA agenda.