Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

this. lets not make enemies with the one team that can help us get a fair deal done.

Right! If our fan bases have internet feuds, management will never make the deal!

• Upvote 2

I honestly have no clue. I'd be fine with dealing Lamb, K Mart, Jones + Tor pick + Dal pick for Dwight + J-Rich and Duhon.

What do you feel is a "fair" offer?

I would take that deal today. It leaves you with Parsons, White, Patterson, D-Mo. We are not gutting your team, but you are giving us great, young talent, and expiring contract, and 2 good picks. DEAL. Lets call Henny and make this happen...

• Upvote 2

HOU fans are officially the dumbest fans in the world. OFFICIALLY. Hey give us D12 and Jrich and we will give you Parsons, Morris, and 2 2nd round draft picks.

Are they inbred or just really that stupid? Please help on that....

I didn't say 2nd-round picks. You could have several 1st-rounders, as far as I'm concerned.

Here's where the fairness comes in: an asset is worth what you can get for it. That's the root of our difference of opinion. Very few teams can even dream about getting Dwight. It's a buyers' market. LA can't even deal with you straight up. Cleveland is not a player here. Neither is Brooklyn. As for waiting until the deadline, the players that can participate will shrink. What if we get a nice deal for Bynum tomorrow, that involves giving up our cap space? Well, there goes Houston as a trading partner for you. The less bidders, the lower the price.

Yeah, if we can get him for the kind of things I'm talking about, that will be a great deal. But then again, there are few teams with which we must compete.

Somebody said, you'll take the best deal you can get. I believe that. And, there are many of us who would rather stick with our rookies, our cap space, and the picks we have in the future. Won't bother me a bit, if we don't get Howard or Bynum.

I didn't mean to insult anybody's intelligence.

I honestly have no clue. I'd be fine with dealing Lamb, K Mart, Jones + Tor pick + Dal pick for Dwight + J-Rich and Duhon.

This.. but of course I want to be greedy and get Parsons :D

I didn't say 2nd-round picks. You could have several 1st-rounders, as far as I'm concerned.

Here's where the fairness comes in: an asset is worth what you can get for it. That's the root of our difference of opinion. Very few teams can even dream about getting Dwight. It's a buyers' market. LA can't even deal with you straight up. Cleveland is not a player here. Neither is Brooklyn. As for waiting until the deadline, the players that can participate will shrink. What if we get a nice deal for Bynum tomorrow, that involves giving up our cap space? Well, there goes Houston as a trading partner for you. The less bidders, the lower the price.

Yeah, if we can get him for the kind of things I'm talking about, that will be a great deal. But then again, there are few teams with which we must compete.

Somebody said, you'll take the best deal you can get. I believe that. And, there are many of us who would rather stick with our rookies, our cap space, and the picks we have in the future. Won't bother me a bit, if we don't get Howard or Bynum.

I didn't mean to insult anybody's intelligence.

Cool. Just understand your ownership wants to make a splash because they are tired of being mediocre. And if they don't make a splash, they are still mediocre....

now this is a fair offer.

I'd take that. But I'd like to somehow work Motiejunas into the deal.

Excuse me, fellas, but how much different is this from what I actually said? This deal adds Lamb, but subtracts other pieces. I said I didn't want to include Jones, but not that I wouldn't. Again, Howard is worth what you can get for him. I'm not sure you're going to get all this.

• Downvote 6

Excuse me, fellas, but how much different is this from what I actually said? This deal adds Lamb, but subtracts other pieces. I said I didn't want to include Jones, but not that I wouldn't. Again, Howard is worth what you can get for him. I'm not sure you're going to get all this.

ba_1_gif2.gif

• Upvote 1

it doesn't matter what Magic fans or Rockets fans want. We have no say in what Rockets or Magic trade. Rockets fans are going to not want to give up anything besides Martin and trash. Magic fans are going to want Martin and every asset Rockets have. This arguing back and forth is just raising everyone's blood pressure and earning future neurologists in Houston and Orlando money when we all get strokes 20 years from now.

Yeah, but you said it like a butt, so....