Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Things to like about a Dwight-to-Houston trade:

Potentially better draft picks

Potentially young players with upside and cheap rookie contracts

No Brook Lopez

No Brook Lopez sign-and-trade poison pill contract

Getting to tell Dwight he's been traded to Houston and, too bad so sad, Brooklyn won't have cap space to sign you next offseason as a free agent

Yeah, I like Houston now too.

Not in conference

Don't form superteam

I think the deal with Houston is they are only willing to pony up 1 1st round pick (tor). They don't have theirs this year...they traded it...and won't offer a 2015 first round draft pick if they can't get dwight to commit.

However, I think Kevin Martin (can play and expiring contract), Terrance Jones, Patrick Patterson and Jeremy Lamb would well make up that difference.

Parsons, every pick they own, that euro player, and taking back Richardson and Duhon; Houston has a case there.

They just signed the 7 foot lithuanian I read it on another site, so they can't trade him right away...

Remember Houston is in talks with Boston and other teams about sign and trading Courtney Lee as well.

They would be wise to bring CLee back if they want to entice 12 to stay

Not in conference

Don't form superteam

Also good reasons.

By the way, did I mention getting to tell Dwight that he won't be able to force his way to Brooklyn? Perhaps he'd like to munch on a big sh*t sandwich instead.

I think the deal with Houston is they are only willing to pony up 1 1st round pick (tor). They don't have theirs this year...they traded it...and won't offer a 2015 first round draft pick if they can't get dwight to commit.

However, I think Kevin Martin (can play and expiring contract), Terrance Jones, Patrick Patterson and Jeremy Lamb would well make up that difference.

They also own a protected Dallas first round pick next year.

Completely agree because that raptors pick will most likely be a lottery pick and you can most likely flip Martin for a pick as well.

At this point, I'd take a worse Houston deal just so we aren't culpable in a deal that creates another "super team."

Seriously, it would pretty much be the Lakers, Heat, Spurs, Thunder, Nets, and Knicks and the rest of the teams can jump in a lake as far as the random NBA fan would care.

That's probably the normal amount of legit title contenders any other season anyway.

They also own a protected Dallas first round pick next year.

Ahhh, thats right...Good call...then there is no way we can turn that offer down!

Completely agree because that raptors pick will most likely be a lottery pick and you can most likely flip Martin for a pick as well.

Actually, it HAS to be a lottery pick to be conveyed. It's very interesting to how they protected the pick....