Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

I'm not sure how new CBA works...but I don't think these players that are being traded can be packaged together for like 60 days or something, but can be traded individually (thats according to the old CBA)...

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger

Rockets now have six non-guaranteed contracts and Livingston's partial, totalling $7 mil in confederate money to use in trades.

Martin has a large expiring as well.

But Jarrod Rudolph and Alex Kennedy have "sources" that he's heading to Brooklyn. :(

Well Dan HWNSNBU will talk to anyone and everyone to push his play.... JaLex are just dumb ponds like everyone else who has been riding the Broken Brooklyn train...

WojYahooNBA The Rockets refuse to give up on the Dwight Howard derby, gathering more assets to try and entice the Orlando Magic to engage in talks

WojYahooNBA The Rockets refuse to give up on the Dwight Howard derby, gathering more assets to try and entice the Orlando Magic to engage in talks

Things are heating up. I like Houston now.

If Luke Walton is on this team I am legitimately canceling my season tickets for next year.

so youre saying Luke Walton>Chris Duhon?

Dwight does like Hakeem... They have worked together... And it's out of the conference to a team that doesnt have two all stars...

I like it

If they want him that bad and they will take some junk their offer is by far better than lopez. Especially if you can get Martin and then flip him at the deadline for a pick.

Things are heating up. I like Houston now.

Things to like about a Dwight-to-Houston trade:

Potentially better draft picks

Potentially young players with upside and cheap rookie contracts

No Brook Lopez

No Brook Lopez sign-and-trade poison pill contract

Getting to tell Dwight he's been traded to Houston and, too bad so sad, Brooklyn won't have cap space to sign you next offseason as a free agent

Yeah, I like Houston now too.

If they want him that bad and they will take some junk their offer is by far better than lopez. Especially if you can get Martin and then flip him at the deadline for a pick.

At this point, I'd take a worse Houston deal just so we aren't culpable in a deal that creates another "super team."

Seriously, it would pretty much be the Lakers, Heat, Spurs, Thunder, Nets, and Knicks and the rest of the teams can jump in a lake as far as the random NBA fan would care.