Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

This all Billy King's fault. If that idiot would have not traded his pick away to Portland for Gerald Wallace, Nets would have had a pretty good shot at winning lottery and we are sitting here with Anthony Davis, Marshon Brooks, and a future number one.

Damn you Billy.

How many people in the top 15 of all time dont have a ring if it is irrelevant?

Better question, how many people outside of the top 15 do have a ring?

So we're gifting the Lakers another championship, we're getting the shaft, and we're not even getting pieces to rebuild with? Wow.

Just reminds me when everyone thought Otis had some big grand scheme for the future in trades and the draft, and it turned out to be jack squat. Looks like Henny is cut from the same cloth.

After firing SVG over the phone after a day of work, letting Otis run on his rampage for a long time, now trading D to the Lakers for beans, the Magic FO and ownership must HATE its fans. How any Magic fan could be happy with this deal is beyond me, ESPECIALLY after Shaq. Wouldve tried to get Lamb in the Houston deal and ran.

Oh well who is the man in 2014?

Jabari parker and andrew wiggins. Parker is supposedly the best prospect since lebron (though probably over hyped) wiggins is flying up the rankings. Still a lot of time for someone else to emerge though. Nobody knew about anthony davis until right before his senior year.

Last time I checked defense wins championships. Dwight at his age is far better on defense than Shaq in his best year. Shaq was truly a low block beast though. Shaq had a lot better talent around him and put up more shots too. Dwight and Shaq are neck and neck in my book at this point in their career but in Shaq's era their were other big men, Robinson, Young Duncan, Hakeem and Patrick. Dwight has no competition for 5 more years. He will eat any other center in the league alive with the talent that surrounds him in LA. I cant imagine a front line of Pau and Dwight inside with other teams unable to double down on them. They will win 70 games next year.

I would just like to point out that Shaq won 4 championships during his career. Therefore, he either played better defense than what you are giving him credit for (the correct answer) or defense doesn't in fact win championships. Either way, your point reeks of sheer stupidity.

Dwight winning rings is irrelevant from your statements of Dwight being a "Top 15 player of all time" and that Dwight is better than Shaq.

I would bet the only significant difference between them in which Shaq has a significant edge is scoring...and as Ive said he put up more shots per game. Defensively, rebounding, blocks per game (based on todays averages), defensive MVP's are all in Dwights favor. Dont get me wrong I still think Shaq was a total beast but Dwight will have no one to contend with for years. Nobody will match up with their front line and experience.

I'd love it if we had landed Kenneth Faried...

Then we'd sign James Harden and I don't care if we never won a championship but that duo would be just too *****ing awesome

Oh yeh.. KF is one of the best up and comers in the NBA.

Just reminds me when everyone thought Otis had some big grand scheme for the future in trades and the draft, and it turned out to be jack squat. Looks like Henny is cut from the same cloth.

After firing SVG over the phone after a day of work, letting Otis run on his rampage for a long time, now trading D to the Lakers for beans, the Magic FO and ownership must HATE its fans. How any Magic fan could be happy with this deal is beyond me, ESPECIALLY after Shaq. Wouldve tried to get Lamb in the Houston deal and ran.

Put this post on the wall and call it a day. Nice call.