Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

It should have been obvious to the sports media that we weren't going to trade Dwight (and why not make his name a swear word like we did with HWNSNBU, at least for now), for peanuts. When the offers are crap, you don't accept them. Seems like the media has been playing as much NBA 2K?? as a lot of people on the board. You just can't trade Lopez for Howard. Or Turk for Melo. Or Duhon for a 2 liter of Pepsi Max. It's not a video game where you can force trades simply because you like them. Our GM is going to make the best moves for the team, not for Dwight, and unless the offers start getting better, Dwight can just keep his butt in Orlando.

Of course, with his new-found Terrible Twos crybaby-ness, maybe he'll just try to sit out the season in LA. I mean, his back is hurting sooooo bad that he can't come meet a bunch of kids that probably think he's the Second Coming, how's he going to handle an NBA season? Of course, that works well for us. The roster pretty much sucks outside of Dwight, and we'll probably end up with a pretty high pick for the draft. Then Howard can either stick with us, or go sign with Dallas/Atlanta/crappy teams that have the cap space for him.

Either way, I'm glad to see that at least so far, we're not putting Howard (and seriously, we need a derogatory nickname for him like we did with HWNSNBU), above the team.

Worst case Howard stays and walks and he gets less money - still gets a ton of money, but he will get less - not that it matters when you are talking that much - he is off the books, like you said we get a high draft pick - Hedo's contract becomes a trade asset - and only real contracts of consequence are JRich, BBaby and Jameer - all of those players are tradable. Duhon's is not a big contract. I suggest we bring Bernie Madhoff back from the grave to manage Dwight's money for him and tell him to take free reign investing Dwight's dollars and he is in no way responsible for any of his actions.

Options being offered by NY and LA - I'd let him walk based on what is being offered now.

Houston is the one that can make this happen, but if they lowball us, then I seriously consider letting him walk or keep looking for another trade.

Worst case Howard stays and walks and he gets less money - still gets a ton of money, but he will get less - not that it matters when you are talking that much - he is off the books, like you said we get a high draft pick - Hedo's contract becomes a trade asset - and only real contracts of consequence are JRich, BBaby and Jameer - all of those players are tradable. Duhon's is not a big contract. I suggest we bring Bernie Madhoff back from the grave to manage Dwight's money for him and tell him to take free reign investing Dwight's dollars and he is in no way responsible for any of his actions.

Options being offered by NY and LA - I'd let him walk based on what is being offered now.

Houston is the one that can make this happen, but if they lowball us, then I seriously consider letting him walk or keep looking for another trade.

Bernie Madhoff died?

Not that it will happen, but if the overall media revenue went to the league instead of being controlled by a single market they could possibly level the playing field. However, as currently structured, the bigger markets are going to draw more revenue $'s.

Someone like Howard though should be able to get big endorsement deals anywhere he goes as he is bigger than the market. Durant seems to be doing well with endorsement deals in Oklahoma - too bad Howard is an idiot.

You are confusing revenue sharing with the original issue, which is another problem unto itself. Fixing revenue sharing does not fix, nor even address the possible influence of endorsement contracts on player movement.

I really think Dwight notices that LeBron and Kobe make three and four times (respectively) what Dwight makes in endorsement deals and is being told that he needs to be in a major market to bring in that type of cash.

As far as Durant is concerned (since you mentioned him), he and Dwight are making about the same in terms of annual income (Dwight makes a little more in NBA salary and Durant makes a little more in endorsements).

this has got to be the most boring day in this board ... 5 hours since the last post, and almost 24 without Jareth!!! what the hell, you guys? don't give up ... this world's gone to pot ... actually, that wouldn't be all that bad, but seriously! where are you guys?

this has got to be the most boring day in this board ... 5 hours since the last post, and almost 24 without Jareth!!! what the hell, you guys? don't give up ... this world's gone to pot ... actually, that wouldn't be all that bad, but seriously! where are you guys?

This board has been dead for the last couple of pages now. It's just been the same issues constantly talked about we can't keep beating a dead horse, we need something new other than "Hennigan has not received a reasonable offer for Dwight."

I would almost bet that Hennigan HAS received a good offer from Houston and we are just on hold waiting for the rookies to ripen before we can announce the deal :D

2 rookies, 2 picks, Martin for Dwight, JRich, and Duhon. Then watch for Hennigan to flip a few a big or 2 for a backup/sign a FA/or D-League PG and we are off to the races!

• Upvote 1

You are confusing revenue sharing with the original issue, which is another problem unto itself. Fixing revenue sharing does not fix, nor even address the possible influence of endorsement contracts on player movement.

I really think Dwight notices that LeBron and Kobe make three and four times (respectively) what Dwight makes in endorsement deals and is being told that he needs to be in a major market to bring in that type of cash.

As far as Durant is concerned (since you mentioned him), he and Dwight are making about the same in terms of annual income (Dwight makes a little more in NBA salary and Durant makes a little more in endorsements).

After I think about it a bit I guess I am confusing it a bit with the revenue sharing as that would only apply to salaries and teams getting more equal revenue - I guess it woudn't really affect endorsements as they would be completely different - brain lapse - not the first time.

After I think about it a bit I guess I am confusing it a bit with the revenue sharing as that would only apply to salaries and teams getting more equal revenue - I guess it woudn't really affect endorsements as they would be completely different - brain lapse - not the first time.

That's okay, I agree with you on that one as well, and they both need to be fixed as far as I'm concerned.

No, he did not.

I don't watch the news - I thought he committed suicide - I guess someone else. Well, if he is alive then perfect have him manage Dwight's money for him as long as he follows his former policies to a T and that he is in no way responsible for the results. Maybe he could make prison more comfortable for himself and others. And, I'm wrong again - twice in a row on the same day.

I guess I could make a Dwight prediction now - no way I am wrong three times in a few hours span - can't happen.

Dwight to Houston late August or September for:

Lamb and 2 other rookies / young guys, Martin, Toronto and Dallas 1st and trading out JRich and Howard.