Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Come on man, you have no way of knowing that. You may speak to Dwight but that doesn't make you privy to Hennigan's trade discussions.

He's probably expressing his opinion in that he agrees with that guy. Where did he say he has access to that info? He doesn't. That doesn't mean he can't have an opinion on what he thinks might be going on.

I don't think Rob Hennigan is serious about trading Dwight right now.

IMO, a deal should have been done already.

If the offers are deals like Lopez, Brooks, and a few picks... or a Lamb, a pick, Morris, and they take Jrich... how serious would you be about trading Dwight?

Point being, Hennigan may not be serious about trading Dwight, but that could very well be a result of the offers he's getting.

Hey guys, Cleveland fan here; just hoping to bring some outside perspective. Firstly, I'm posting again because I've seen some more Cavs/LAL 3-way talks heat up around here, and I want to mention that Waiters isn't likely to be included in anything. It would obviously be ideal for you guys, but our FO considers that kid to be a relatively rare talent, and it would honestly be mind-boggling to see him included in any deals. Him and Zeller are eligible for trade as of today I believe, so I guess we'll have to see, but again it's very unlikely.

On a different note, we've been apparently talking to Minnesota about a D.Williams/Ridnour for Varejao swap, which I think could work out well for both teams, and play a factor in any potential future 3-way with you guys. Minnesota is obviously lacking big-men and whether or not people want to acknowledge Varejao as a player, he's a unique, bust-your-ass specimen that any competing playoff squad would love to have come off the bench for significant minutes, and that's precisely why this deal has been mentioned in the first place (Khan isn't completely crazy). As for our benefits, we'd gain last years #2 pick as an asset, along with a semi-serviceable backup PG.

It's obvious Hennigan is playing hardball and won't accept anything less than a Dwight Howard package, which is understandable, but frankly beyond realistic at this point. Unless Morey turns into a completely desperate moron, theres no way Houston bids all of their assets for a 1-year rental. You guys might luck out in finding a fair package for the #2 Center in the league, however, and that's where this all comes into play. Zeller + TT (or Williams) + 2 first round picks + 2-3 second round picks, while absorbing contracts, might be one of the better proposed deals yet. Again this is pure speculation on my end, but I have a feeling we're not engaging in these kind of deals to acquire more depth at PF - we're going to take a stronger look at Bynum when the time is right.

I'm hoping the crap unfolds sooner than later just as much as you guys are - trust me, it wasn't fun seeing this **** with LeBron a couple of years ago - but I'd bet something happens within the next couple of weeks when Houston's rookies are eligible for trades as well, as it would be bad for everyone involved for things to linger on any further, and because Hennigan will start to see some final-table offers compared to everything tentative he's had to hear thus far. He's been a bit impatient, but I almost feel bad for the guy having to walk into this kind of situation - wouldn't quite be fun or easy.

I don't see any scenario where the Rockets aren't involved in the deal. They can beat any Cleveland offer not involving Irving. Morey has stockpiled pick after pick, unguaranteed contract after unguaranteed contract, and has a plethora of young cheap talent. He has made it clear that Howard is his goal. We are flexible and have been preparing for a move like this. I really don't even see Cleveland as anything but an Orlando leverage device.

don't know if it was posted already, and/or how is the author regarding in the forum ... thought he pretty much states what's been said, over and over, by y'all:

Magic, Dwight Howard need divorce ASAP

by George Diaz

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-08-04/sports/os-george-diaz-dwight-howard-orlando-magic-0805-20120804_1_dwight-howard-magic-fan-nba-fans

• Upvote 1

I'm hoping the crap unfolds sooner than later just as much as you guys are - trust me, it wasn't fun seeing this **** with LeBron a couple of years ago - but I'd bet something happens within the next couple of weeks when Houston's rookies are eligible for trades as well, as it would be bad for everyone involved for things to linger on any further, and because Hennigan will start to see some final-table offers compared to everything tentative he's had to hear thus far. He's been a bit impatient, but I almost feel bad for the guy having to walk into this kind of situation - wouldn't quite be fun or easy.

I'm thinking that once Houston's rookies come into play we'll be able to get a deal done shortly.

Firstly, I'm posting again because I've seen some more Cavs/LAL 3-way talks heat up around here, and I want to mention that Waiters isn't likely to be included in anything. It would obviously be ideal for you guys, but our FO considers that kid to be a relatively rare talent, and it would honestly be mind-boggling to see him included in any deals.

Dwight Howard has already established himself as a rare talent. How could any team say that they wouldn't include an unproven rookie in a deal for the best big man in the NBA?

I'm guessing the deal will come down to 2-3 good rookies of our choice, 2-3 picks, and a big expiring contract for Dwight, JRich, and either Turk or Duhon.

IMO Martin, Motiejunas, White, and maybe Lamb or Jones with the Toronto pick and a future 1st should have Dwight in Houston.

• Upvote 1

Cleveland would love to pair Bynum with Irving.

If they are only willing to part with Varejao, I wouldn't think they were too serious about wanting to acquire Bynum. I haven't seen anything to support your claim.

If Houston has indeed shifted gears to get Bynum instead, they will have a heck of a bidding war against Cleveland. Houston has more to offer, but would Houston want Bynum more (thereby offering more) than Cleveland?

These are all questions that no one knows the answer to just yet. Maybe Houston is still stopping at nothing to get Dwight but we don't KNOW. There are zero absolutes in this situation and the questions I raised are just some of the many important ones that need answering.

The point is that there are many possibilities. Most roads go through Houston on this but not all.

The rest of this just sounds like the rantings of another entitled Laker fan.

Come on man, you have no way of knowing that. You may speak to Dwight but that doesn't make you privy to Hennigan's trade discussions.

Are you kidding me? Dwight is a smart guy. He knows Hennigan thinks Dwight will opt in every year. That's the way the CBA works.

Listen, Dwight loves Orlando. He wants to win, but he needs help. He wants management to trade for players that win. Stephen Jackson, Anthony Morrow. Hennigan needs to realize these are the guys this team needs.

Management keeps disrespecting Dwight. He wants to go to Brooklyn and be a star. Have a shot at going to his first Finals.

He loves Orlando, it's fan, the management, and candy. He hates not winning, management, and puppies.

I don't think ORL it too serious about trading Dwight. The Brooklyn deal was all manufactured by the people around him, that for some reason Dwight can't say no to those guys. He loves them. They're ruining his image, but he loves them. He loves ***** and his guys though and loves their ideas. But I'm telling you he loves Orlando and hates *****.

• Upvote 8

Hey guys, Cleveland fan here; just hoping to bring some outside perspective. Firstly, I'm posting again because I've seen some more Cavs/LAL 3-way talks heat up around here, and I want to mention that Waiters isn't likely to be included in anything. It would obviously be ideal for you guys, but our FO considers that kid to be a relatively rare talent, and it would honestly be mind-boggling to see him included in any deals. Him and Zeller are eligible for trade as of today I believe, so I guess we'll have to see, but again it's very unlikely.

On a different note, we've been apparently talking to Minnesota about a D.Williams/Ridnour for Varejao swap, which I think could work out well for both teams, and play a factor in any potential future 3-way with you guys. Minnesota is obviously lacking big-men and whether or not people want to acknowledge Varejao as a player, he's a unique, bust-your-ass specimen that any competing playoff squad would love to have come off the bench for significant minutes, and that's precisely why this deal has been mentioned in the first place (Khan isn't completely crazy). As for our benefits, we'd gain last years #2 pick as an asset, along with a semi-serviceable backup PG.

It's obvious Hennigan is playing hardball and won't accept anything less than a Dwight Howard package, which is understandable, but frankly beyond realistic at this point. Unless Morey turns into a completely desperate moron, theres no way Houston bids all of their assets for a 1-year rental. You guys might luck out in finding a fair package for the #2 Center in the league, however, and that's where this all comes into play. Zeller + TT (or Williams) + 2 first round picks + 2-3 second round picks, while absorbing contracts, might be one of the better proposed deals yet. Again this is pure speculation on my end, but I have a feeling we're not engaging in these kind of deals to acquire more depth at PF - we're going to take a stronger look at Bynum when the time is right.

There's no way Orlando will trade Dwight for the offer Cleveland and LA are coming up with unless it gets significantly better - Orlando would rather let him walk. I think Waiters at a minimum would need to be part of the package and that doesn't even compete with Houston so I just don't see it getting done. Cleveland doesn't want to let him go for Bynum and I think that means end of story.

If Orlando is really squeezed they could do a Bynum + with LA direct.

Orlando's best option is still Houston and if everything falls apart Dwight walks at the end of the year and goes to Dallas or Atlanta. Orlando will offer him a max deal, but he would likely walk from Orlando - he seems to hate Orlando now.

I don't quite understand why Dwight hates Orlando now or appears to be a hater - maybe he is just too selfish and wants Orlando to take whatever trash another team has to offer so he can get what he wants. A sign of maturity would be for him to look at the deal from all party perspectives and not just his own and then maybe he could stop feeling like a victim - being a victim appears pathetic in his circumstances as he is not a true victim.

Hennigan has made it clear what he wants and the only ones that could offer a legitimate package is Houston. It appears that Houston is trying to low ball the offer and Henny won't trade him or possible, but less likely Henny is asking for too much - probably a combination of both.

I really don't see Cleveland being a part of any trade with the Magic as they aren't going to give up a lot for Bynum and that is their choice and it may be the right decision for them. It appears that they don't want to gamble on Bynum by offering too much and they aren't positivie Bynum will stay. So, no deal with Cleveland involved.

Listen, Dwight loves Orlando. He wants to win, but he needs help. He wants management to trade for players that win. Stephen Jackson, Anthony Morrow. Hennigan needs to realize these are the guys this team needs.

Management keeps disrespecting Dwight. He wants to go to Brooklyn and be a star. Have a shot at going to his first Finals.

He loves Orlando, it's fan, the management, and candy. He hates not winning, management, and puppies.

I don't think ORL it too serious about trading Dwight. The Brooklyn deal was all manufactured by the people around him, that for some reason Dwight can't say no to those guys. He loves them. They're ruining his image, but he loves them. He loves ***** and his guys though and loves their ideas. But I'm telling you he loves Orlando and hates *****.

We have been to the finals with Dwight... To put it simply Dwight has lost patience in the organization and hates the current team that's constructed, the guy may claim to love the city but hes looking for every excuse to leave us, he wanted SVG fired so we appeased him and fired SVG, he and his people claimed we blackmailed him into staying (after that big LOYALTY speech), its time to face the facts and cut our losses. We thought he was our Duncan but ended up being our Lebron.