Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

If we are able to unload a couple of the bad contracts, getting Bynum and letting him walk at the end of the season is better than just letting Dwight walk at the end of the season. Otherwise Dwight walks and Chris Duhon is still on this team.

Still hoping for the Houston trade, though.

I'd much prefer a McGrady thing: his back hurts just enough that he's never dominating again. The Magic may be the development league for the big markets, but that doesn't mean we can't hope for a little schadenfreude...

that works and maybe even better - if D12 loses his power and athleticism then he is pretty much useless, lets hope for that after he is traded - maybe we get the deal with Houston and then Howard squaks and Houston trades him to LA and gets Bynum and change and right before his big contract he tweaks his back - and he still plays, but for much less money - max money mid-level exception money

Maybe he finds a way to get to Brooklyn in the future and is Brooks Lopez' backup

Not saying Bynum isn't good - he is arguably the 2nd best center in the game, but Dwight is a game changer - I don't want to talk Dwight up because I hate him now, but he dominated Bynum when he played against him the last time - just destroyed the guy.

Bynum has better offensive talent, but Dwight has power that makes up for his offensive shortcomings.

Anyway, point isn't that Bynum is bad, he's good, but he isn't a game changer like Dwight Howard. Howard is in the class of Kobe, Lebron, and Durant. I only like Durant out of that group - hate Lebron.

Maybe I should stop being a fan with all the hate - Brian Hill, far and away #1, Lebron a distant #2, but hated pretty strongly, then Shaq and Howard - both idiots, then you've got David Stern - horrible, then people you might not like, then people you do like.

Bynum is the second best center in the league but Dwight is in a far different class. So much so I would say you should create a second class which is unoccupied and then Bynum is in class number three. Bynum has so many deficiencies in in his game it's amazing. His defense, rebounding, motor and will are average to sub par. Throwing in his attitude and injury history and we are very far from Dwight.

Knappy I'm curious what would you have thought of some welcome back kotter music and the magic going back to the well with little Napoleon one more time? I'm thinking columbine at the RDV. I'm curious how you left Otis out of your wheel of hatred...you're either getting senile or soft. Otis single handedly took the best of situations and turned it into quite possibly the worst in the history of the nba in a very short period. Then he said he liked his team and alienated his star (although I'm sure that was fegans doing mostly). If they hadnt pulled Otis' hands off the trigger we would have had Lopez for about a week before he got injured. That would have been the crown jewel. Are you giving breaks just because someone is so profoundly unintelligent that they didn't know what they were doing? I think you are going soft or maybe you just can't refocus your hatred anywhere else effectively since Brian hill.

that works and maybe even better - if D12 loses his power and athleticism then he is pretty much useless, lets hope for that after he is traded - maybe we get the deal with Houston and then Howard squaks and Houston trades him to LA and gets Bynum and change and right before his big contract he tweaks his back - and he still plays, but for much less money - max money mid-level exception money

Maybe he finds a way to get to Brooklyn in the future and is Brooks Lopez' backup

Yeah, I hope he has a good year in Houston; I don't harbor any ill will towards Houston. But LA? Yeah: totally cool if Dwight eventually ends up in LA and crashes and burns.

Bynum is the second best center in the league but Dwight is in a far different class. So much so I would say you should create a second class which is unoccupied and then Bynum is in class number three. Bynum has so many deficiencies in in his game it's amazing. His defense, rebounding, motor and will are average to sub par. Throwing in his attitude and injury history and we are very far from Dwight.

Knappy I'm curious what would you have thought of some welcome back kotter music and the magic going back to the well with little Napoleon one more time? I'm thinking columbine at the RDV. I'm curious how you left Otis out of your wheel of hatred...you're either getting senile or soft. Otis single handedly took the best of situations and turned it into quite possibly the worst in the history of the nba in a very short period. Then he said he liked his team and alienated his star (although I'm sure that was fegans doing mostly). If they hadnt pulled Otis' hands off the trigger we would have had Lopez for about a week before he got injured. That would have been the crown jewel. Are you giving breaks just because someone is so profoundly unintelligent that they didn't know what they were doing? I think you are going soft or maybe you just can't refocus your hatred anywhere else effectively since Brian hill.

Hey man, do we need to send you to get shock therapy again? Just calmly repeat this phrase over and over: Otis Smith has been fired. Otis Smith has been fired. Otis Smith has been fired...

Don't know if it was already posted, anyways here it is (specially for those who favor BBD):

Glen Davis remains impressed with new Magic coach Jacque Vaughn

He has met already with Glen Davis, the team’s projected starter at power forward.

What was Vaughn’s message to Davis?

“Just be ready,” Davis recalled Thursday.

“Just making sure that you’re ready. You’re going to have the opportunity to be a contributor here. You’re going to have the opportunity to do big things, and you just be ready, making sure that you come in [to training camp Oct. 1] the right way, in the right shape, and just holding me accountable.”

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2012/08/glen-davis-remains-impressed-with-new-magic-coach-jacque-vaughn.html

• Upvote 1

Don't know if it was already posted, anyways here it is (specially for those who favor BBD):

Glen Davis remains impressed with new Magic coach Jacque Vaughn

He has met already with Glen Davis, the team’s projected starter at power forward.

What was Vaughn’s message to Davis?

“Just be ready,” Davis recalled Thursday.

“Just making sure that you’re ready. You’re going to have the opportunity to be a contributor here. You’re going to have the opportunity to do big things, and you just be ready, making sure that you come in [to training camp Oct. 1] the right way, in the right shape, and just holding me accountable.”

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2012/08/glen-davis-remains-impressed-with-new-magic-coach-jacque-vaughn.html

He's gonna start at center

He's gonna start at center

He should. I remember DOM (or another number junkie) posting up proofs that he's FAR more effective at center than power forward. I still say he could lose 30lbs or so and play PF more effectively, but without Dwight? Yeah - we need experience at C.

LOL, I know - no mention of Otis in the hate. Reason being is that Otis was just pretty much clueless and he tried. He wasn't a jerk like Shaq, Dwight and BHill - Brian just blamed everyone for his stituation and destroyed the team. I guess you could say Otis destroyed the team as well, but he didn't go around blaming everyone and he didn't trash Orlando like Shaq and D12 (aka Selfish *******). Otis was just clueless.

The only way I bring back Brian Hill is for a one year agreement to coach Howard where we just hold Howard and let him walk. BHill should just rip into Howard and add boxing into the training with Jameer and Howard matched up daily - with Jameer being encouraged to throw jabs to the back.

It is interesting that I don't hate Otis - he just did not have a clue - didn't know how to do deals except the obvious and then he would panic. He would say I like this team because he couldn't figure out how to get anything done and I'm sure other GMs ignored his calls. Otis botched up Lewis by so over paying and he botched up Darko - at the time he should have kept him - in hindsight you could argue differently. He should have asserted himself and dedicated himself to getting Brian Hill fired the day he was hired. And Otis was never a serious contender with anyone. Then you've got Vince Carter and Arenas - I guess DeVoss didn't care about the cost too much. And our draft picks - awful.

He was just consistently horrible, but he tried, he liked Orlando and he wasn't an ass. To get on the hate list you have to be a total ass - Lebron, Dwight, Shaq, Stern and Hill all qualify as asses.

If devos truly wants to win now then if he cant keep howard, his next target should be bynum. Basically trading the best center for the 2nd best.

If he doesnt want to stay then oh well. As a fan I can live with us giving both centers the option to walk. But with bynum hes never played in an offense where hes the 1st or 2nd option. That might convince him to stay. This could be his team not kobes team. He could get as many shots that he wants.

I like the houston deal but I dont like Us having to start big baby. Offensively he would be fine but defensively we would get crushed in the paint every night.

If were not ready to rebuild than bynum would be the wise choice.

Dwight has really screwed us. I really thought he would be different than other superstars but he turned out to be worse.

• Upvote 2