Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

I agree, they just seem to be content with being used as leverage, just like the Brooklyn deal.

They wanted to get like Kris Humphries, QRich, and 2 1st round picks for LUKE WALTON! That ridiculous even for Dan Gilbert.

• Upvote 1

That news from Woj. was from 3 weeks ago. Learning that Howard has been warning Houston that he will leave for Dallas was 8 days ago. We haven't heard much about what Houston has been offering since then. It is only logical that the offer could only remain the same or get worse after that. As I said, we have no clue what Houston's offer stance is on getting Howard. That quote from Woj. is severely outdated and this stuff changes on a daily (sometimes hourly) basis. That is why I cannot present that as a viable option AT THIS TIME.

You don't have to agree with me. There is no right answer here as none of us are reporters. I just think that we must adapt to the time-frame in which this story as unfolding. I would have NO CHOICE but to consider the Rockets a viable direct option should new evidence present itself.

Edit: Of course I was Howard! Are you kidding me? That's no reason to try and diminish my opinion. Relax, dude!

spbynum, please try to understand the fact that the report that Dwight threatened to leave for Dallas is not a new revelation. It's not news to us, and certainly wasn't news to the Rockets. You are treating that report like it altered the willingness of Houston to make a move. That is simply nonsensical.

I have issue with your statements that are being portrayed as facts, when they are clearly not. You talk about considering the Rockets as a viable direct option should new evidence present itself, yet there was never any evidence to think that their long-time position of pursuing a rental has changed. I am continuing to be more and more puzzled by your logic.

I have no problem with you giving your opinion, but please try not to act like it's a certainty, when there is proof that you are wrong.

• Upvote 1

Rocket fans pwning Laker fans on a Magic message board??? What is going on here?!?

I'm actually enjoying it. I'd rather send D12 to the rockets anyway. Eff the Lakers and their fake fans.

ps i like this FullCourt guy. Seems to know what he's talking about. :cheers:

• Upvote 1

3. Houston doesn't give up the farm and offers the same package that Orlando would get in a three team deal, cutting the Lakers out of the deal completely. Essentially what they've been trying to do all along.

Or Houston offers a fair price and gets Howard before the season starts - 2 rookies, take back 2 contracts and gives us at least 2 number one draft picks at a minimum

• Upvote 2

Or Houston offers a fair price and gets Howard before the season starts - 2 rookies, take back 2 contracts and gives us at least 2 number one draft picks at a minimum

Agreed, this is more or less what I had in mind in that post.

Rocket fans pwning Laker fans on a Magic message board??? What is going on here?!?

Yes, I like it - Full Court is looking at this realistically - the Lakers fan just wants Howard and because Howard said he would play there - well he thinks that means Howard is going to LA

Howard, if Henny is being straight with us is going to the team that can give us the best of rookies/young players, draft picks and take back contracts - LA can't offer much, Houston can offer a lot - now it is a matter of what is the offer.

I think Houston would rather gamble on Howard as he is a game changer - I don't see Bynum as a game changer - not like Howard.

I also think that it is at least 50/50 Howard would stay in Houston if he played there all season and be done with the drama and he would take a big cut in $ if he went to Dallas and Dallas is not that appealing right now.

Houston could also make a trade with the Lakers, but I don't see why they would unless they really felt Howard would leave to go to Dallas.

So, I think the gamble for Howard is probably worth it for Houston.

Now, I kind of like the Houston fans and don't care for LA fans - some LA fans are real cocky, not the guy here, but many of them are and they can be pretty obnoxious.

With all of that said, my real hope is that Howard has a career ending injury before he signs a new contract. I hate to wish that on the Rockets - if he gets injured I'd rather see it happen to the Lakers.

Now, if Howard plays well I would rather see him play well in Houston - actually, I can'T wish anything good for Howard - he is a total ass. I am glad that they let you type in the word ass - as that is what he is an ass.

I would love to see him with a career ending injury - that is pretty bad, but I'm a true fan and he is trashing Orlando, being a total selfish jerk and I hope he gets screwed as he would like to screw over Orlando - nothing would make me happier. The fans didn't screw him over - yes Otis was an idiot and some of the upper management were idiotic, but they are trying to make it better and they were trying before, but being stupid.

Orlando deserves more and Howard acts like he was abused - what a tool. If I see him I'll be sure to boo him at games and he won't be welcome in Orlando.

I would love to see him with a career ending injury - that is pretty bad, but I'm a true fan and he is trashing Orlando, being a total selfish jerk and I hope he gets screwed as he would like to screw over Orlando - nothing would make me happier.

I would never wish injury on anyone. And that is not what being a true fan means, if that's what you're implying. Dwight did a lot for this city. Its time to move on.