Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Gottcha!!

Do you think you guys would still want to trade for him as a rental when your new guys can traded in about 3 weeks?

I don't think our rooks signing has changed anything. They had to be signed at some point, and an agreement could be made at any time. Daryl Morey signed Donte Greene to his rookie contract and then the Artest deal was agreed upon a week or two later. We all just had to wait for it to become official. And to answer you question, yes. Everything Morey has done this offseason suggests that we are going to be in the Dwight bidding until he actually gets traded. He is priority one for the Rockets.

I think the problem might be that the Rockets and Lakers are the only serious bidders. LA's offer is not going to change, and Morey isn't going to bid against himself. If another team were to step in and offer something significant, the Rockets would to bid more.

Think of it like an Ebay auction. The auction has a 'buy it now' option for $100 (knockout deal Henny is looking for), and the auction ends when training camp starts. The Lakers offer $25 (Bynum without extension) as their max bid. The rockets then trump that by making a max bid of 95 dollars. Since the Lakers offer was only $25, the Rockets then become the leading bidder at $27 or so. If another team were to come along and offer up $75, the Rockets offer would then increase to compete with the new bid.

If the deadline comes around and the Rockets are still the leading bidders at such a low price, Hennigan will either have to accept the offer or just pull the listing. If he threatens to do that, he might be able to squeeze out more of Houston, but those tactics would only work near the start of the season, which is why we are all now playing the waiting game.

• Upvote 2

Not sure I even want a high 2013 draft pick.

true. I'm reserving judgment on this class for a while. Its concerning that the top picks are receiving little fanfare. People were talking anthony davis, gilchrist, kyrie irving, rose, etc up for a while.

Shabazz and noel don't seem very special. They might be great players, but not tank worthy.

I'm willing to bet you're an idiot and need help for seeking attention on a forum.

LMAO I'm the one seeking attention and you have 18k+ posts???? Ok there is a word for your symptopms.. "Denial"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

LMAO I'm the one seeking attention and you have 18k+ posts???? Ok there is a word for your symptopms.. "Denial"

Because he made all of those posts in a 5 year time frame?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Think of it like an Ebay auction. The auction has a 'buy it now' option for $100 (knockout deal Henny is looking for), and the auction ends when training camp starts. The Lakers offer $25 (Bynum without extension) as their max bid. The rockets then trump that by making a max bid of 95 dollars. Since the Lakers offer was only $25, the Rockets then become the leading bidder at $27 or so. If another team were to come along and offer up $75, the Rockets offer would then increase to compete with the new bid.

If the deadline comes around and the Rockets are still the leading bidders at such a low price, Hennigan will either have to accept the offer or just pull the listing. If he threatens to do that, he might be able to squeeze out more of Houston, but those tactics would only work near the start of the season, which is why we are all now playing the waiting game.

To anybody that has bid on ebay (I spend about $50,000 a year there) your analogy is perfect! There is 2 parts that are missing though... 1 is "Buy it now or best offer". I have missed out on a few items that I really wanted by being cheap and making a best offer and while I'm waiting for a response someone comes along and does a "buy it now" and it's gone. The item was a great deal at the "buy it now price" but by trying to get it cheaper I lost out.

The 2nd one is the auctions that don't have a buy it now and the Lakers have bid $25, Houston bid $97 but only $27 shows, and at the last second a sniper comes along and bids $100 and steals the auction from both. We really don't know what offers other teams have made, only those that have been leaked.

I would also guess that there are at least a few teams that are sitting back watching all the trades and signings that are going down and evaluating if they had Dwight this year if it would give them a shot at a championship.

1 thing that I don't see ever happening (and hope it doesn't) is that Feganing Brokenfoot Lopez and his fat contract ever put on a Magic uniform.

• Upvote 2