Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

With what exactly are we supposed to acquire said players with? This isn't NBA2k12...

We dont have any valuable pieces on our team?

Hey, if you want to believe Dwight's web of lies more power to you.

Rather believe from the horses mouth than "sources"

Other than Dwight? No.

I still believe that Gortat could have helped to bring in a scorer (ie Ellis)

Other than Dwight? No.

I still believe that Gortat could have helped to bring in a scorer (ie Ellis)

This the absolute dumbest fing thing Otis did well maybe not but it was pretty fing stupid.

Rather believe from the horses mouth than "sources"

Dwight could tell you anything he wants, that doesn't make it true. I'd trust many sources in the media before I'd trust something coming out of the horse's mouth(or horse's ass in this case). I understand that you're just relaying what he tells you, but do you honestly trust that everything he tells you is true and he's not just spinning every situation to try to make himself look better?

• Upvote 1

This the absolute dumbest fing thing Otis did well maybe not but it was pretty fing stupid.

No, it is.

1. Phoenix trade

2. Gilbert Arenas trade

3. Signing Duhon

4. Re-signing J-Rich

This isn't on YBR. Don't shoot the messenger.

But YBR, I hope Dwight knows that leaving Orlando is no guarantee he's going to win titles either. T-Mac thought he and Yao were destined to win some, too, and they never made it out of the first round. The Lakers were the only team he ever said he would play for that really would give him a chance to win one.

Dwight should also keep in mind through all his fury that Orlando did do a lot, too. They've been more successful than about 25 other NBA teams in the time that he's been here. They did at least get him to the Finals, which most other teams cannot say in that span. It cost them a lot to do that, too, though Otis didn't spend money very wisely (don't get his whole belief that it's only about the money; they have spent more to try to help him than 28 other teams have spent the past few seasons).

They made his dream of being the No. 1 pick come true (and were criticized roundly for it by the same people that his agent has crushing the Magic now). They set up the entire team to feature Dwight. They hired coaches that could help improve his game, especially his defense. Some of his teammates sacrificed some of their own games so he could be featured. The Magic promoted him for DPOY, all-NBA and MVP. He has the misfortune of playing at the same time as Lebron, who the media decided would be the player of his generation before either of them even had been drafted (S.I. cover story when Lebron was a junior in HS). Same thing happened to guys in Jordan's era. Yes, Orlando has just been awful to him.

They have made some mistakes, no doubt. But it's not for a lack of trying.

• Upvote 3

They made his dream of being the No. 1 pick come true (and were criticized roundly for it by the same people that his agent has crushing the Magic now). They set up the entire team to feature Dwight. They hired coaches that could help improve his game, especially his defense. Some of his teammates sacrificed some of their own games so he could be featured. The Magic promoted him for DPOY, all-NBA and MVP. He has the misfortune of playing at the same time as Lebron, who the media decided would be the player of his generation before either of them even had been drafted (S.I. cover story when Lebron was a junior in HS). Same thing happened to guys in Jordan's era. Yes, Orlando has just been awful to him.

They have made some mistakes, no doubt. But it's not for a lack of trying.

Not saying that Dwight didn't put in work, realizing some of his potential (although he still can't shoot FT's worth a ****), but it seems that all that the Magic invested in Dwight has led to an entitled, narcissistic *****.