Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

So, YaBoyR, I saw that Dwight's gf retweeted Rudolph's tweet about it being on the Magic now to get a LA-ORL deal done. Would she do that just because she lives in LA and wants Dwight to be a Laker, or is she conveying Dwight's feelings as well?

Who's Dwight's GF?

What's her twitter account?

Per Carl Herrerra

There is an upper limit of 20 guys under contract during the offseason- this is why HOU had to waive Leuer and Jerome Jordan before inking Lin and making the Asik offer. With the Courtney Lee trade, HOU got 3 guys back, 2 of whom non-guaranteed. They need to finalize the Lee deal (physicals and stuff) and waive the non-guaranteed guys before they can make an offer to Asik.

Makes sense.

So, YaBoyR, I saw that Dwight's gf retweeted Rudolph's tweet about it being on the Magic now to get a LA-ORL deal done. Would she do that just because she lives in LA and wants Dwight to be a Laker, or is she conveying Dwight's feelings as well?

She's a LA girl, doesn't reflect his feelings

• Upvote 2

She's a LA girl, doesn't reflect his feelings

Thanks. Just curious, have you ever had any sort of conversation about Houston with Dwight? And I know you/he seems to think that the Magic are still holding out hope that he returns, but has he considered that the reason it looks like Henny is sitting on his hands is because he has to wait on Houston to deal with Asik (or possibly Motiejunas)?

Dwight can do way better than this average chick.

That white chick was fine as hell.

White chick may be thicka than a snicka but not everything is about looks.

Doc Rocket has proven that he is an insider over the years. How was he supposed to know that Charlotte would pick MKG on draft night? As always, situations are fluid until done. Don't be so presumptive. Dave2000 vouched for cyberx, but no one else did, despite the fact that you said others did.

I believe he probably has some sort of connection to the inside. He says that Chicago won't match Asik. I might believe that. What I don't believe is that Morey is texting him details about his deals. I don't believe that he has spoken to Hennigan directly, like he claims either. He says that Houston wants Dwight, and Orlando wants Houston, but for some inexplicable reason, he keeps pushing a Dwight to LA angle without offering any sort of explanation. He also claims that Kobe mentioned retirement in a couple years for the sole purpose of letting Dwight know (through the media!) that it'll be his team. A reporter asked him a question, and Kobe answered it. Nothing more to it. He is also very eager to offer up speculation, which isn't very typical of legit insiders. He screams fraud to me.

Not true. Hill was supposedly going to be involved in a S&T. LA now has less cap room to absorb salary from Orlando.

He also can't be traded for 60 days or so, right?

I like most of the new Rocket posters, save a couple of trolls. Btw, Jareth is our board's Chris Rock wannabe. :) Love him or hate him, he is one of us.

In another a.m. Q. and A. on Twitter, Peter Vecsey says Rob Hennigan's refusal to take on Kris Humphries, even with a one year deal, ended Dwightmare III but the Nets have still not ended their pursuit of the big man.

"Nets were thisclose but could not close deal cause Magic would not take Humphries' 1-year pact in sign-n-trade. Everything else w done," Vecsey tweets. "There is a deal to be done at some point, no doubt, unless DH is traded elsewhere and commits long-term ... Again, BK is only out completely if Howard re-ups long term elsewhere."

And he notes, no player is likely to re-up with an extension. Even without Howard, who he says "honestly wants 2 play 4 Brooklyn", the Nets have done well, selling 9,600 season tickets thus far, compared to 1,500 at this point last year in Newark. As for chances Andrei Kirilenko signs with the Nets this season? "Zero," Vecsey says.

THis people don't give up.

Thanks. Just curious, have you ever had any sort of conversation about Houston with Dwight? And I know you/he seems to think that the Magic are still holding out hope that he returns, but has he considered that the reason it looks like Henny is sitting on his hands is because he has to wait on Houston to deal with Asik (or possibly Motiejunas)?

I agree that Henny needs things to clear with Houston before Houston can make its best offer.

The more I see I just think Henny removes the emotion and it works for everyone. What I think Henny says to teams - to the Lakers, Nets, Cleveland, Houston, Atlanta, etc. give me your best offer if you want Dwight (same to Chicago, etc).

We want draft picks - good picks (multiple), we want to move contracts (multiple), and we want some young talented players (multiple).

To Dwight he can say you want to play for the Nets or Lakers - ok, I'll talk with them and see if a deal can get done. If the Lakers came up with an incredible deal Henny would do it.

When it comes to the media, etc. he says things are fluid, he is considering offers, he talks with Dwight, it is business like and professional - doesn't give up any information and has no time line. I really like the way he is handling this. We'll see if he gets a good deal - I think it is a win/win with Houston, but there is no guarantee Houston or Orlando get what they want. I think Henny is going to pull off a good deal and I think Houston will have an exciting season next year, but if he doesn't pull off a good deal I still like the way he is handling this.

Also, other teams can't really get pissed if he takes the best deal. The Lakers and other teams aren't that stupid - a package of Varajeao and worse first round picks than what Houston can offer isn't a better offer. They can want Howard and they can ***** at Orlando for not accepting their trade as the Nets did, but they know that their offer pretty much sucks and they can't blame Henny so it shouldn't hurt Henny in the future.

I just like how Henny puts it on them and lets them make an offer and then says he'll think about it and then says well it really doesn't meet our criteria - if you can work on it and come up with something else then I'll consider it, but right now it doesn't look to be in the best interest of the organization. He may even say I don't think it fully meets our goals and we need to fully explore all of our options - again if you want to keep working on the trade proposal I'll listen. In the meantime, if the right deal comes along we'll take it - keeping the pressure on while just talking straight.

It is just a business decision, nothing personal.

• Upvote 4