Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Difficult to believe unless Dwight has given indication of staying. Otherwise, I dont buy it.

Remember RDV has final say. If he says to try and keep Dwight, Rob has no chice but to try and keep him. The problem is trying to balance being flexible to rebuild if he leaves and fielding a competitive team if he stays...

We'll see, Rob wants Dwight in Orlando. 12's issue is with Alex but Rob has done a good job cooling him down from last month

It's got to be hard for Rob to just pull the trigger. Obviously he wants to build a great team but he's already got arguably the best guy in the world to build around. As of right now, what Dwight brings to a team (on the court at least) isn't really replaceable. I believe Stan was right when he said so many times that nobody has as much of an impact on both ends of the floor as Dwight.

I can't blame Rob for hesitating (if he even is hesitating).

We'll see, Rob wants Dwight in Orlando. 12's issue is with Alex but Rob has done a good job cooling him down from last month

Dwight needs to fire HWNSNBU and hire Clinton's public relations' team. Rudolph today stated that, in the eye of public opinion, Dwight is Public Enemy #1 and Public Imbecile #1. Harsh reality check from Dwight's top reporting friend.

I don't think Hennigan is serious about trading Dwight right now, believe he's working on keeping him here

What makes you think that?

Dwight needs to fire HWNSNBU and hire Clinton's public relations' team. Rudolph today stated that, in the eye of public opinion, Dwight is Public Enemy #1 and Public Imbecile #1. Harsh reality check from Dwight's top reporting friend.

Did Rudolph call Dwight an imbecil? Wow

In his time on the air with NBA.com's Sekou Smith, yes, he said that's how the public now views Howard.

EDIT: And he said it's partly to blame on Howard, who just seems to say the wrong things when he does talk to the media.

He didn't call him that per say. The way I interpreted it was that he was saying that's how others perceive him and that D12 knows this. Rudolph even said, "I don't think that", if I recall correctly.

I cant wait to look back on this whole thing in a few years and think to myself.....how did I live through that.

Much like what I do when every football season starts and I look back at the offseason

Does anyone know what picks/players we'd be getting from Cleveland in a 3 team deal? Don't really want varejao, if picks aren't lottery then that's not much. I think i'd rather get bynum if LAL is involved and leave Cleveland out. if bynum stays healthy and resigns we can build around him, if he gets hurt or walks it wouldn't really be a big deal. We'll just use the cap space on someone else. Hou is still the best option.

They would have to offer more than varejo or it isn't worth trading him -they would have to give up their pick at a minimum and take some contracts

LA can't get Dwight without a trade

Houston could keep him if he signs,but need him soon - where else does he go -Atl, Dallas or Cleveland if he doesn't resign

They are over rating their rookies - they could take JRich, BBaby and/or Hedo - they can still play

Catman, what's the latest your hearing? I know you know a guy that's in the loop. What's the latest info?

The insider on Clutchfans seems to think this will be resolved by Friday, is that what you are hearing?

I think these latest Cavs-Lakers talks are just leaks by Henny's camp to up Houston's offer.