Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

I am sure people are going to still bash Dwight and not believe any of this. But I happen to seriously believe all that Rudolph said. This doesn't take away the fact that Dwight has handled this awfully and also isn't the perfect individual that Rudolph tries to make him out to be. But I can totally see how most of what he said is true. Just sucks.

I'm not on a comp, can u cliffnotenthe highlights, please?

"Summing up the interview: Dwight gets frustrated in December of '10, realizes that he can't win a championship w/ the VC, Shard core.... This causes Otis to panic and blow the team up, which blows up in his face obviously. After the season, Dwight goes to Otis and tells him that we needed a diff. voice in the locker room and some roster moves... Otis agrees, but asks Dwight to sign an extension first. Dwight declines. He then gets called up by RDV to Michigan. They chat about the team, and RDV promises to accommodate his request. Dwight leaves Michigan thinking that he'll commit to ORL. Dwight doesn't hear from anyone in the organization until draft night. He gets called into a room with the FO and they tell him... That they're going to keep Stan, and that Stephen Jackson (who Dwight wanted them to get at the time) wasn't on the trade market. ....and then S-Jax gets traded on the same night, and that's when Dwight starts to think that the Magic don't care about him. Which is obviously pretty stupid. And then the lockout starts, Dwight's agent gets in his ear, and then we know what happens next."

From here https://twitter.com/cb1115

The Cavaliers have emerged as a facilitator in a trade that would send Dwight Howard from the Magic to the Lakers.

Cleveland would acquire Andrew Bynum for a package of draft picks and Anderson Varejao.

Los Angeles would receive Howard, while Orlando would acquire Varejao and a collection of picks.

The Rockets have also been engaged in three-way trade talks.

Via Ric Bucher/ESPN

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222468/Cavaliers_Emerge_As_Third_Team_In_Lakers_Magic_Howard_For_Bynum_Talks#ixzz21164Eiyu

I think I would be okay with this trade but Howard in a Fakers uniform would make me puke...

The Cavaliers have emerged as a facilitator in a trade that would send Dwight Howard from the Magic to the Lakers.

Cleveland would acquire Andrew Bynum for a package of draft picks and Anderson Varejao.

Los Angeles would receive Howard, while Orlando would acquire Varejao and a collection of picks.

The Rockets have also been engaged in three-way trade talks.

Via Ric Bucher/ESPN

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222468/Cavaliers_Emerge_As_Third_Team_In_Lakers_Magic_Howard_For_Bynum_Talks#ixzz21164Eiyu

I think I would be okay with this trade but Howard in a Fakers uniform would make me puke...

Why would that make you sick? I personally would love to see him get traded as soon as possible. The Lakers Have Steve Nash so I would love to have Dwight Help Steve get his first ring, I think Dwight is a good guy in a bad situation.

• Downvote 9

You guys HAVE to listen to this interview with Rudolph, it starts around 14 min http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/07/18/hang-time-podcast-episode-87-with-jarrod-n-rudolph-and-will-leitch/

Interesting stuff. I don't doubt that it's true for the most part, but I highly doubt that it's unique to the Magic organization. I'm sure every team has told players what they want to hear at one point or another. I haven't bothered to look, but I'm sure Billy King has lied through his teeth and claimed that the Nets are just so happy to have signed Brook Lopez, which hopefully even Brook Lopez knows is a load of garbage.

Here's to hoping the new regime doesn't blow it like the last one did.

Side note, anyone else that listened feel like Rudolph was out of breath the whole time?

You guys HAVE to listen to this interview with Rudolph, it starts around 14 min http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/07/18/hang-time-podcast-episode-87-with-jarrod-n-rudolph-and-will-leitch/

The interview was GOOD and I believe everything Rudolph said. I don't blame Dwight for wanting out. When a team is solely set on getting ink to paper and not anything else; when team doctors completely miss an almost career-ending injury; when they lie repeatedly about player transactions just to sound good; I completely understand why Dwight thinks this organization isn't about winning championships and only making money.

***** Otis for sucking as a GM and building a heavily flawed roster. Things are so screwed, it sucks Dwight can't give Rob a chance.

Rob

SVG

Dwight

Would've been a great 3-head monster for years