Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

I'm with you on this, if Houston is really willing to take back multiple bad contracts and give us young talent, picks, expirings then I say we do it and start rebuilding now. Even if Dwight stays we are a LONG way from competing.

I heard today that HOU said Parsons can't be touched. Man I hope that's wrong. I know the kid and I'd love to see him here.

I'm with you on this, if Houston is really willing to take back multiple bad contracts and give us young talent, picks, expirings then I say we do it and start rebuilding now. Even if Dwight stays we are a LONG way from competing.

I could be completely wrong, but you might want to temper your excitement about a Houston deal a little bit. I would imagine that there is a give and take between the bad contracts Houston will take back and how many assets they give up. If the Rockets take Duhon/JRich/Turk all together, the package received by Orlando would probably be less attractive than if they only took back 1 or 2 of the contracts.

I could be completely wrong, but you might want to temper your excitement about a Houston deal a little bit. I would imagine that there is a give and take between the bad contracts Houston will take back and how many assets they give up. If the Rockets take Duhon/JRich/Turk all together, the package received by Orlando would probably be less attractive than if they only took back 1 or 2 of the contracts.

Yeah I agree, they wouldn't give us all of that, was just saying a combination would still give us a better start to the rebuild than letting Dwight walk. If its true that they are using the amnesty on Scola so they have more cap space they must be for real with this.

The possibility of amnestying Scola to free up more room exists.

I heard today that HOU said Parsons can't be touched. Man I hope that's wrong. I know the kid and I'd love to see him here.

Lol. I don't believe that. Dwight's a top 3 player in this league. Houston has dismantled its team and has to now do something. They have a football team of prospects, that's it.

Edit: And from what's being reported, they're trying to clear more cap space to improve their offer for Dwight, implying their offer now is sub-par.