Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

did you hear your story somewhere? or just columbo'd it?

No, no story. I've been following this thing forever and I watch every Magic game. I'm pretty much an obsessed fan and I study human behaviour. (Its not my profession, its just what I do.) I believe that you'll see what I'm saying is completely true in some time. Dwight was NEVER going to resign long term. The huge retards ego actually thought that being loyal was to give one more chance to the Magic to win a championship. Devos agreed because he believed that with Dwight, they would have a shot at a ship and that Alex might be able to get Dwight to sign long term down the road. We all know what happened after that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And yet he's won more games for this franchise than any player in its history yet having dogturds for teammates. But yes, Rob Hennigan is going to trade one of the three best players in the league because of a tabloid headache? Please. There is no logic behind that.

C'mon, dude....you know that's not right. He's had some good teammates. Just not enough at the same time. And just no second elite player, which is what he needed.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Rockets remain strongly engaged w/ Orlando in direct talks for Dwight Howard, sources tell Y! They've spent little time on 3-way scenarios.

Hey I like the strait up deal better. Can't wait to see some details of a possible deal. Anyone have any good guesses?

• Upvote 1

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Rockets remain strongly engaged w/ Orlando in direct talks for Dwight Howard, sources tell Y! They've spent little time on 3-way scenarios.

Hey I like the strait up deal better. Can't wait to see some details of a possible deal. Anyone have any good guesses?

dream trade- Parsons, Lamb, Patterson, Toronto 1st for Dwight Jrich and Duhon

Orlando Receives: Parsons,Lamb,Darius Morris,Martin,S&T Jordan Hill 2 or 3 draft picks

Houston Receives: S&T Ish Smith, Earl Clark,Jason Richardson,Andrew Bynum,JJ Redick

Lakers Receive:Rocye White,Dwight Howard,Hedo Turkoglu,Chris Duhon

DREAM TRADE

dream trade- Parsons, Lamb, Patterson, Toronto 1st for Dwight Jrich and Duhon

I'd hate to lose Parsons and Lamb, but beggars can't be choosers tbh. As far as I'm concerned, for a top 2-5 player the Rockets should invite Orlando to an all you can eat buffet of our assets.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nets-near-contract-agreement-with-brook-lopez.html

From Adrian Woj:

Nets president Billy King and Lopez’s agent, Arn Tellem, are finalizing the length of the deal – four years for $58 million, or five years for $78 million – and ironing out protections on the back end to account for a right foot that Lopez broke twice in the past year, sources said.

Wow, Brooklyn is signing Broken Foot Lopez for $15 million per for 5 years!!?

Can you say T O X I C......

:creaturedance:

More on the article:

Brooklyn needs Lopez as the centerpiece of a sign-and-trade deal to acquire Orlando’s Dwight Howard, but is running out of time waiting for the Magic to make a decision on where they want to trade him, sources said.

The Nets need to add four free agents into a deal for Howard, and convincing all of them to be a part of a complicated sign-and-trade deal much beyond Wednesday’s end to the league’s moratorium on transactions becomes increasingly more unrealistic every day.

Once Lopez signs the deal, he can’t be traded until December.

There are three things I hate about the Houston proposals that I have heard.

1). The Magic end up with Kevin Martin. It literally makes me seasick watching that guy play. He leans ALL THE TIME. And he never stops shooting, even when he sucks. I can't watch that for an entire season.

2). The Magic end up with a TON of players who have never played a single game in the NBA. It's too many for just one season. It will be like watching Summer League all season. Teams that do that usually end up be horrifically bad for several seasons because there is no one to lead the way for them, they end up ball-hogging and they never get on track. (See Washington Wizards before they traded most of their headcases in the past 6 months because they are tired of that hot mess.)

3). We already gifted them T-Mac in 2004. I don't want to be the Rockets' D-League team anymore than I want to be the Lakers'.

There are two things I hate about the Houston proposals that I have heard.

1). The Magic end up with Kevin Martin. It literally makes me seasick watching that guy play. He leans ALL THE TIME. And he never stops shooting, even when he sucks. I can't watch that for an entire season.

2). The Magic end up with a TON of players who have never played a single game in the NBA. It's too many for just one season. It will be like watching Summer League all season. Teams that do that usually end up be horrifically bad for several seasons because there is no one to lead the way for them, they end up ball-hogging and they never get on track. (See Washington Wizards before they traded most of their headcases in the past 6 months because they are tired of that hot mess.)

Imagine if we took Billy King's (Nets) deal we'd be stuck playing Luke Walton, Shelden Williams, and Damion Jones - and I've never even heard of this guy.

And we'd be stuck with a $78 million 5-yr contract for Brook Lopez.

• Upvote 1