Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

They only traded one for Joe, and that was Houston's pick....they could offer 2013,2015,2017,2019,2021 1st round picks. That's five by my count...

2019 and 2021 are the only picks that may actually be in the late 10's rather than late 20's, because by that time 7-9 years from now, even Brooklyn will be an old team.

But I'm going to be in my late 30's by the time that happens. :panicworker:

Can someone explain to me the 5 picks that keeps getting thrown around here? As far as i understood you cant trade back to back first round picks. The traded 3? for Joe Johnson.

What 5 are they referring to?

The Nets didn't trade any picks for Joe Johnson as far as I know. At least first. So basically the Nets have their own in 2013 as well as Houston's lottery protected pick. Couple that with 2015 and 2017 and that would be 4. Add in a Clippers pick and you have 5.

2019 and 2021 are the only picks that may actually be in the late 10's rather than late 20's, because by that time 7-9 years from now, even Brooklyn will be an old team.

But I'm going to be in my late 30's by the time that happens. :panicworker:

And just what is wrong with being in your late 30's?

@JoshuaBRobbins

#Magic GM Rob Hennigan and his 2 assistant GMs are not at their courtside seats for Orlando's exhibition vs. the #Pistons.

Last time similar news about this on Twitter where the GM was not in their courtside seats happened, was the day Chris Paul got traded to the Clippers.

The Nets didn't trade any picks for Joe Johnson as far as I know. At least first. So basically the Nets have their own in 2013 as well as Houston's lottery protected pick. Couple that with 2015 and 2017 and that would be 4. Add in a Clippers pick and you have 5.

They traded Houston's pick. That was the sticking point for ATL......

@JoshuaBRobbins

#Magic GM Rob Hennigan and his 2 assistant GMs are not at their courtside seats for Orlando's exhibition vs. the #Pistons.

Geez Josh, whatever could it mean!? I swear, I used to think nothing could cause sports writers to debase themselves more than the need for web hits, but social media has made it much much worse.

@JoshuaBRobbins

Last time similar news about this on Twitter where the GM was not in their courtside seats happened, was the day Chris Paul got traded to the Clippers.

I'm sure their working the phones.. doesn't mean anything will be done though..

Evan Dunlap ‏@BQRMagic

Spotted Rob Hennigan, phone in hand, pacing around his second-floor office overlooking the court during OKC/Pacers.