Sign in to follow this  
datmagic

So Jameer almost got into a fight with Dwight.

I didn't see this in the SUPER COLOSSAL MEGA-AWESOME (insert echo-effect) THREAD, THREAD, THREAD, THREAD and I figured no one likes to dig in it either, So here's the link.

My link

Jameer almost got in to it with Dwight. Oh yeah and Dwight's gone.

And what's up with having one thread to post anything and everything about offseason moves? If I haven't been on this site for a while then I would have to dig through it just to see what you guys post. And usually its a couple of guys going back and forth about one topic for a while till I find something interesting. anyways.....

• Upvote 2

I didn't see this in the SUPER COLOSSAL MEGA-AWESOME (insert echo-effect) THREAD, THREAD, THREAD, THREAD and I figured no one likes to dig in it either, So here's the link.

My link

Jameer almost got in to it with Dwight. Oh yeah and Dwight's gone.

And what's up with having one thread to post anything and everything about offseason moves? If I haven't been on this site for a while then I would have to dig through it just to see what you guys post. And usually its a couple of guys going back and forth about one topic for a while till I find something interesting. anyways.....

In this instance, you handled it just fine. It was worthy of its own thread and you highlighted the information in a way to distinguish it from the other stuff going on (psst...except for the whole "midget" part.)

I agree with the whole "mega" offseason thread protocol now... its worthless.

As an avid fan of the magic (but also someone with small bouts of free time), i use to come here to get rumors, news and content before anywhere else --- and relatively quickly...

but sifting through that massive thread that is just a salad of topics to find the few scenarios that have been talked about in the last few days for Dwights trade is literally a nightmare. I break into cold sweats. just clicking random page numbers hoping you find the topic from a few days ago you want to read about.

you guys (MODs) should seriously reconsider your strategy of consolidation. ie, I would love to stop in here, click on a thread that says "Top Rumored Dwight Trade Scenarios", see what everyone's compiled, maybe make a comment or two and then get back to my work.

i keep holding out hope and stopping in every once and a while. I mean, theres not even a thread about the player we selected in the draft. I'm sure thats 40-60 pages deep in the offseason thread---but i guess if I want to see Ill have to make a lucky guess in hopes I pick the right page first try.

• Upvote 8

I have to agree with other about the megathread, it has like 400 pages now and its supposed to be only offseason. I now its supposed to keep the forums clean but it really isn't working as informative thread. It just keeps the forum clean.

but sifting through that massive thread that is just a salad of topics to find the few scenarios that have been talked about in the last few days for Dwights trade is literally a nightmare. I break into cold sweats. just clicking random page numbers hoping you find the topic from a few days ago you want to read about.

you guys (MODs) should seriously reconsider your strategy of consolidation. ie, I would love to stop in here, click on a thread that says "Top Rumored Dwight Trade Scenarios", see what everyone's compiled, maybe make a comment or two and then get back to my work.

i keep holding out hope and stopping in every once and a while. I mean, theres not even a thread about the player we selected in the draft. I'm sure thats 40-60 pages deep in the offseason thread---but i guess if I want to see Ill have to make a lucky guess in hopes I pick the right page first try.

THIS.

I spent almost nearly an hr browsing through the last 60-70 pages on the offseason thread just to get a few news on Howard. I ended up with a headache :(

I come back now and it's nearly 40 pages more from last night...

Anyways, to stay on topic, I find it a bit odd that these news come out NOW rather than before around the time when it actually took place. Not defending Howard because to me, he's still a douche, but the timing seems a bit too perfect for it to get out now lol

It's annoying to have the forum flooded with 60 topics all essentially talking about the same thing. Keeping all that discussion in one place can be helpful and give the forum a cleaner look.

However, certain things (like this for instance, and new player acquisitions) definitely deserve their own threads, it's just up to you (and the rest of us) to create them.

I kind of rallied against this when it first started happening, so I'll just back up those in this thread by saying this again, in agreement.

I think people are a little scared to post anything without it getting shut down.

I think the answer is both. One megathread is good, if for no other reason than to keep most of the nonsense, semi off-topic stuff in one place. But it needs to be kept under control.. it's the offseason thread (as in the NBA offseason) and some poor guy got bashed for posting free agency news in there, it was ridiculous.

But I think things that current and news-worthy like our head coaching search or our rookies, for example, definitely deserve its own thread. Its up to the mods to lock up the threads that aren't worthy of being a thread at all, or belong in a different forum like Off-Topic or something. Not to lock EVERY thread that comes along just because its been mentioned 30 pages back in the massive thread.

There should be a middle ground somewhere. Ya dig? :shard:

Or someone could hijack this thread by talking about the mega thread in this thread, which was designed to be the Nelson/Howard fight highlights and scoring but instead has become a separate non-related thread that probably should have been its own thread or else in the super mega off season thread,or put into the questions thread so DOM could provide the correct statistical analysis of the fight. I came here looking for the skinny on the fight, and had to weave through this junk about another thread that had nothing to do with the fight. And that is all I have to say about that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Personally if it is a new different topic it might be warranted to have a place of its own.

But when its 50 topics about Dwight leaving, it all has to be put in one place..

I say don't be afraid to post a new topic if you really believe its worth its own discussion. The mods will determine if its not, and If its not we will close it.

There won't be any damage to your rep or any other actions...unless you flood the forum with crap. But you posting one or two new topics is fine

Or someone could hijack this thread by talking about the mega thread in this thread, which was designed to be the Nelson/Howard fight highlights and scoring but instead has become a separate non-related thread that probably should have been its own thread or else in the super mega off season thread,or put into the questions thread so DOM could provide the correct statistical analysis of the fight. I came here looking for the skinny on the fight, and had to weave through this junk about another thread that had nothing to do with the fight. And that is all I have to say about that.

Wrong thread I suppose ^, lol. I agree with you. Regarding the topic of this thread, is anyone really that surprised that Dwight went after the smallest player on the team...after Ish Smith at least? I guess Kendrick Perkins taught Dwight that he doesn't really match up well against guys his own size.