Sign in to follow this  
zollman

Scott Brooks next Magic Head Coach?

Perhaps you should consider the other options we have then....

Thats Robs job. Just giving my opinion on Scott.

Why is everyone hating of Scott Brooks? The Thunder core are a bunch of kids playing against grown men in the NBA Finals. Brooks got those kids to the NBA Finals. It usually takes years before 22 and 23 year old players get it.

Because he's an idiot who continued to play one of the worst players in the league big minutes when it was clear he was doing absolutely nothing. Anyone with a brain could tell Nick Collison deserved more minutes (especially with James Harden on the floor) yet White Brown didn't get the picture.

Their run to the finals wasn't that impressive anyway, the Mavs and Lakers were both pretty bad teams and the Spurs were an offensive team that relied too heavily on the success of role players.

• Upvote 1

Because he's an idiot who continued to play one of the worst players in the league big minutes when it was clear he was doing absolutely nothing. Anyone with a brain could tell Nick Collison deserved more minutes (especially with James Harden on the floor) yet White Brown didn't get the picture.

Their run to the finals wasn't that impressive anyway, the Mavs and Lakers were both pretty bad teams and the Spurs were an offensive team that relied too heavily on the success of role players.

That has to be a joke; right? Beat the last two champions, and the best team in the NBA. That wasn't impressive?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That has to be a joke; right? Beat the last two champions, and the best team in the NBA. That wasn't impressive?

Mavs: Dirk was much less focused, Jason Kidd and Vince Carter were awful, no Tyson Chandler.

Lakers: Only 4 NBA worthy players, worst bench of all time, zero three-point shooting, got taken to 7 games by the Nuggs that had a starting front line consisting of a 6'8' rookie and Timofey Mozgov

The Spurs were a good team but they hadn't even been past the 1st round since 2008, they've been a regular season team since Duncan's D has declined. It's also really hard to sustain an offense that relies on guys like Danny Green to hit 40% from deep every night, I'm impressed they looked as good as they did those first two games against OKC.

It was a perfect storm for OKC, three teams with aged rosters that weren't known for defense; They matchup against a team with similar athleticism and tough defense and they get crushed in 5.

Mavs: Dirk was much less focused, Jason Kidd and Vince Carter were awful, no Tyson Chandler.

Lakers: Only 4 NBA worthy players, worst bench of all time, zero three-point shooting, got taken to 7 games by the Nuggs that had a starting front line consisting of a 6'8' rookie and Timofey Mozgov

The Spurs were a good team but they hadn't even been past the 1st round since 2008, they've been a regular season team since Duncan's D has declined. It's also really hard to sustain an offense that relies on guys like Danny Green to hit 40% from deep every night, I'm impressed they looked as good as they did those first two games against OKC.

It was a perfect storm for OKC, three teams with aged rosters that weren't known for defense; They matchup against a team with similar athleticism and tough defense and they get crushed in 5.

San Antonio won its first 10 games of the post-season and weren't really challenged in any of them. How can you say that wasn't impressive?

And now discrediting the Nuggets? The Nuggets were just as good as the Pacers who took the Heat to 6 and handled us.

How can you possibly say the Thunder run wasn't impressive? They obliterated Dallas; handled the Lakers, and won 4 straight against the Spurs.

That's just asinine to say that wasn't impressive. And Brooks' rotations in the finals were dreadful but until that point he'd been awesome.

Just to add, ibaka didn't contribute much. He needs to work on his game. Perkins was also hurt throughout the playoffs, some kind of groin injury which limits mobility. And harden couldn't get anything going. Can't blame that on Brooks.

It's a moot point. Brooks is not leaving the Thunder. As usual, ESPN started this whole thing, trying to start trouble where there really isn't any. Brooks' agent is just posturing to get more years or dollars. That's the way the game is played. He'll get some concession from OKC and will be the Thunder coach for at least 2 or 3 more years, depending upon how successful they are.

It's not just Brooks' fault that the Thunder didn't win the title. I cannot think of a team that won a championship on its first trip to the NBA Finals. The challenge is keeping the team together and/or tweaking it in ways that allow you to make return trips and try to win the next time.

It's a moot point. Brooks is not leaving the Thunder. As usual, ESPN started this whole thing, trying to start trouble where there really isn't any. Brooks' agent is just posturing to get more years or dollars. That's the way the game is played. He'll get some concession from OKC and will be the Thunder coach for at least 2 or 3 more years, depending upon how successful they are.

It's not just Brooks' fault that the Thunder didn't win the title. I cannot think of a team that won a championship on its first trip to the NBA Finals. The challenge is keeping the team together and/or tweaking it in ways that allow you to make return trips and try to win the next time.

The Bulls and Spurs won the first time. The franchises have never lost a Finals series (Jordan and Duncan eras).

I do think Brooks had something to do with the loss. I just think something's gotta be his responsibility when we see such bad perimeter defense, for example.

Not taking anything from Lebron's ability to command double teams or his passing, but sometimes it was just ridiculous.

With that said, I agree that he's not leaving the Thunder.

LeBron doesn't command double teams if you've watched him over the years. You let him score. When he scores he goes into ISO mode. That's how Stan played him in the playoffs. Basically told Pietrus he was on his own unless Dwight was at the rim. You can't let him play like Magic Johnson; you need to keep him in the "Kobe system".

LeBron doesn't command double teams if you've watched him over the years. You let him score. When he scores he goes into ISO mode. That's how Stan played him in the playoffs. Basically told Pietrus he was on his own unless Dwight was at the rim. You can't let him play like Magic Johnson; you need to keep him in the "Kobe system".

I agree 100%! With a guy like LeBron if you can't guard him then you let him get his 40-50 points and clamp down on everybody else.

I agree 100%! With a guy like LeBron if you can't guard him then you let him get his 40-50 points and clamp down on everybody else.

Makes sense since he gets 25-30 points anyway when he's doubled.

But what I'm trying to say is, it makes no sense to watch a guy gamble too much in a double team, or worse, watch 2 guys doubling and another looking like he's watching what the other 2 can do while a career 3pt shooter rotates and makes a practice shot. It just happened too many times imho.

That there is what I blame on coaching. Brooks seems to be a guy that won't call out his players in public so I don't know if they just didn't execute. Personally I rather watch Pop yelling at Parker.. hehehe.

• Upvote 1

If OKC is not willing to give Brooks the $4M per contract he wants then if we really wanted him Mr DeVos could call and say we'll give you $4.5M and it should be a done deal. When it comes to coaches we can buy whoever we want providing that they want to coach.