Dan Savage

First Move For Rob Hennigan?

Wonder how long it'll take for Dwight to get sick of Avery Johnson as a coach and has him shipped out?

That is, if he goes to NJ

Probably about the same amount of time it will take him to realize that Billy King is worse than Otis. He is insane if he thinks the guy that killed the 76ers and most recently pissed away a #5 pick for a shot at a SF with an injury history, a suspect jumper, and a game that requires him to attack the basket to be effective (all while being on the downside of his career) is a GM that is going to build a contender. Please, go ahead and find out what happens when King cap's out your space by overpaying for Lopez and Wallace.

• Upvote 1

I wish Dwight would look at what KD does and try to emulate him more. KD is a total pro, he understands winning is what sells now, not where you play

I am not saying Durant will leave. But he has not been an UNRESTRICTED free agent yet.

It could be a coincidence, but I will say that he has taken a lot of the same steps that other guys who have left their teams have taken:

2. He fired his agent during the season.
  3. He hired one of those guys in the same agency that handles Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul (and maybe Melo).
  4. There has been chatter about whether he gets the ball enough and that another guy on the team shoots too much.
  5. He lost in the NBA Finals, appeared to kind of lose steam in the last game of the series, and was seen very disappointed (in fact crying) after the final game.

Wonder how long it'll take for Dwight to get sick of Avery Johnson as a coach and has him shipped out?

That is, if he goes to NJ

I can't believe that Dwight would still want to go BK, they have absolutely nothing now. Gerald Wallace is FA and testing the waters. Deron is most definitely leaving. What do they have left that is so desirable? The only thing I see is that they'll shower him with money and cake but no ring.

I can't believe that Dwight would still want to go BK, they have absolutely nothing now. Gerald Wallace is FA and testing the waters. Deron is most definitely leaving. What do they have left that is so desirable? The only thing I see is that they'll shower him with money and cake but no ring.

It doesn't matter what BK has now. If Dwight goes there, other pieces will follow.

If we're going to trade Dwight, send him to the western conference and make a trade for another star. I don't see why we should be getting scraps for an allstar. Am I the only one that thinks this?

It doesn't matter what BK has now. If Dwight goes there, other pieces will follow.

If we're going to trade Dwight, send him to the western conference and make a trade for another star. I don't see why we should be getting scraps for an allstar. Am I the only one that thinks this?

Like they did in Orlando right? I know this is because Otis sucks btw, point is nothing is guaranteed. Dwight is one of those guys who thinks he can run away from his problems here and they'll all be solved for him in NJ, but the fact is he will never be a closer (no matter how bad he wants to be) until he can make FT's and he's not dominant enough offensively to make up for that. He could make up for it by absolutely dominating defensively, but he doesn't want to be Bill Russell, even though that is the only chance he has to win championships. Until Dwight takes personal responsibility for himself and his shortcomings, and quits blaming everyone in the world but himself, he will never be a leader...much less a champion and this will be his legacy.

• Upvote 2

If that's true than where are OUR other pieces? No we should not trade Dwight for scraps. I did sorta like Lowry, Dally, and Houston's 3 pix for Dwight and Turk or Duhon.

Dwight did draw players here; issue was that Otis never had cap space.

Orlando has signed 3 max guys from other teams in the last 10 years. Anyone else done that?

• Upvote 2

Dwight did draw players here; issue was that Otis never had cap space.

Orlando has signed 3 max guys from other teams in the last 10 years. Anyone else done that?

Which 3 guys? I can only think of Rashard? (and Hill & McGrady, but that was before Dwight wasn't it?)

Otis did have cap space, he just didn't know how to use it properly. He just over paid for average players.

Which 3 guys? I can only think of Rashard? (and Hill & McGrady, but that was before Dwight wasn't it?)

Otis did have cap space, he just didn't know how to use it properly. He just over paid for average players.

He had to overpay for Rashard because he didn't draft Granger and instead wasted the pick on Fran. After signing Rashard we lost all cap flexibility and we've been retreading washed up players ever since. It's amazing how throughly Otis screwed this team, it's borderline impressive...I mean sucking so bad, costing the ownership millions of extra dollars, and somehow keeping his job as long as he did.

He had to overpay for Rashard because he didn't draft Granger and instead wasted the pick on Fran. After signing Rashard we lost all cap flexibility and we've been retreading washed up players ever since. It's amazing how throughly Otis screwed this team, it's borderline impressive...I mean sucking so bad, costing the ownership millions of extra dollars, and somehow keeping his job as long as he did.

I wonder what Hennigan's thoughts are coming into fix this mess. He must be shocked at what a sh!t job Otis done. If we lose Dwight, it'll still be on Otis's shoulders, not Hennigans.

I can't wait for this mess to be cleaned up, and for us to get back on top...And all along having Dwight wish he was back here (i.e McGrady)

Ive since been cured by the problem that plagues you. I used genital shock therapy, self water boarding and a tincture of betadine and yohimbe on my scrotum nightly. It took about a week but I have since come to grips with the bafoonery that was Otis Smith. If you like I can lend you my electrodes so you can begin treatment. Good luck it is a tough thought process to break.