Sign in to follow this  
three3d

Who is more hated Heat or Celtics ?

Michael Jordan didn't have a winner's mentality until he won a title. Then he became maybe the greatest winner in NBA history.

Or we could all just decide to not be idiots instead.

You see, I'm not sure I agree about Jordan. I just remember those epic games against the Pistons where Michael was dragging the Bulls kicking and screaming along behind him while the Pistons beat the crap out of him for two years.

Even in college he was an ultra-competitive ass. He always was. Granted, that's not the kind of personality I'd want to be friends with, and I wouldn't want him on my team UNLESS HE GOT RESULTS. That last is kind of my point, with attitude.

A lot of players in the NBA have that attitude. What I'm saying with Garnett is not so much how much he barks at refs, how competitive he is (come on: the guy blocks PRACTICE shots from the other team), or how fired up he gets during game. Other players do that.

What I'm saying is that Garnett has a proven record of success, so someone (say....Dwight) would be more likely to listen to him than someone else with a similar attitude, but not a history of success.

....can you tell it's summer?

Play golf.

Golf is for wienies. That's documented, scientific fact backed up by many, many scientific journals I just made up.

Golf is for wienies. That's documented, scientific fact backed up by many, many scientific journals I just made up.

Golf is a way to add "hitting things as hard as I can with a metal club" to taking a walk through a park that won't get me arrested.

• Upvote 1

Tiger Woods is a boss

• Downvote 3

I don't think any of you guys can possibly know any of this stuff unless you have some kind of access to the team that we don't know about, but i highly doubt that since talking to Dwight on twitter qualifies you as an insider around here and causes people to worship you. I call BS on all this stuff.

Too many people confuse the real life stuff with entertainment. KG is a great entertainer, and that's really all that can be said without actually knowing him. But it doesn't stop people from having this fantasy or illusion about this picturesque, model human that supposedly fits those attributes that we are obsessed with.

• Downvote 1

Too many people confuse the real life stuff with entertainment. KG is a great entertainer, and that's really all that can be said without actually knowing him. But it doesn't stop people from having this fantasy or illusion about this picturesque, model human that supposedly fits those attributes that we are obsessed with.

So you don't think KG's actions on the court have any bearing on his teammates? I'm not talking about rebounding, scoring points, or blocking a shot: I'm specifically talking about when he grabs a teammate and drags him into a huddle, or defends them, or gives them advice, or gets in their face when they blow a coverage or rotation?

I think that stuff matters and I think it's undeniably happening. It's not supposition when I actually see it happening on the court. I also think that if that kind of attitude came from someone who doesn't go 100% every single play, it wouldn't mean as much. And like him or hate him, I don't think anyone could say that KG takes plays off.

So you don't think KG's actions on the court have any bearing on his teammates? I'm not talking about rebounding, scoring points, or blocking a shot: I'm specifically talking about when he grabs a teammate and drags him into a huddle, or defends them, or gives them advice, or gets in their face when they blow a coverage or rotation? _

I think that stuff matters and I think it's undeniably happening. It's not supposition when I actually see it happening on the court. I also think that if that kind of attitude came from someone who doesn't go 100% every single play, it wouldn't mean as much. And like him or hate him, I don't think anyone could say that KG takes plays off.

TBH I don't know. I've never seen his behavior in practice nor do I know precisely what he says or does on and off the camera lights. He does those things on the court that you say, but he also does some rather strange things. Like barking at Jose Calderon. Or punching Dwight. And just general erratic and testy behavior that can't be explained.