Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Dwight Trade Scenarios

trade to dwight to the rockets or blazers... multiple picks and players and keep him in the west along with hedo...

The Blazers could offer 6 n 11....The Rockets could offer 14,16,lowry, and Kevin Martin......

I personally like the Houston deal better because we could trade Martin to Tor for the 8th pick.....Rumor has it they are looking to trade it for an established vet....

If we do the Houston deal, we could trade one or more picks to move higher up or trade for future picks......

The Blazers could offer 6 n 11....The Rockets could offer 14,16,lowry, and Kevin Martin......

I personally like the Houston deal better because we could trade Martin to Tor for the 8th pick.....Rumor has it they are looking to trade it for an established vet....

If we do the Houston deal, we could trade one or more picks to move higher up or trade for future picks......

Yeah, if we get Kevin Martin we move him. He's the most overrated player in the league

You want to keep Dwight here. We need a point guard with this write up:

Courtesy of NBA Draft Net:

Strengths: A brilliant, "natural" floor general ... Understands how to control the flow of the game ... Makes his teammates better ... Has the height and offensive awareness to see the entire court at all times ... Always dribbles with his head up ... Rewards teammates when they run the court ... Makes throwing outlet passes look effortless ... Has a very advanced sense of timing ... Understands when to slow or speed up the tempo of the game ... A creative passer that also manages to be efficient ... Low turnover rate ... Operates equally well when running or playing in half-court sets ... Already knows the nuances of making good post-entry passes ... Can throw a highly accurate lob pass from anywhere on his team's half of the court ... Handles the basketball very well ... Wastes no movement and doesn't over-dribble (which is rare in young point guards) ... Is a good penetrator, despite his average speed ... Great reaction time and anticipation allows his to see plays before they develop ... Extremely high basketball IQ ... Smart defender that is capable of staying in front of his man ... Great size for a point guard, standing 6'4" ... Might be the best passer in the college game ...

That be Kendall Marshall. Magic need to trade up and get him. Thats what a write up of a real pass first PG should look like. If Dwight stays we dont need points at the PG position. J Kidd and Rondo are learned to put the ball in the hoop as they got older anyways. The only thing that concerns me is his foot speed to defend a Westbrook type.

Lets get it done and get the Anti-Jameer

• Upvote 2

None of those trades are appealing aside from maybe the Lakers deal. I still think the Lakers wont do a Bynum/Gasol deal or else there is good chance it would have long happened by now. Bynum is a head case and is inconsistent as witnessed in this year's playoffs. Gasol is back to his soft days but I know teams are interested in him. I would not do any deal with Houston without Scola involved. The Clippers deal only looks attractive because of Blake but there is a lot of garbage thrown in. Lets get to the point here. Here is what we know:

1. Otis can't damage this thing any further now. All his boys are set financially for life though.

2. The master of panic is gone.

3. Dwightster may be out

4. We need some more mental and physical toughness on this team

5. We need some better ball handlers and passers on this team

6. All softies, non-ball handlers, and guys who lack a killer instinct and are fat and happy need to go. This means Nelson, Hedo, Anderson, Duhon, and J-Rich. I can them the Scab 5. This unit will leave you nothing but long healing wounds.

If Dwightster goes we deal him and Hedo and probably another player for Bynum and Gasol. Lakers will be willing to do this if they can get KG on board to join Kobe for one last old man title run. Look for Odom to join that party. I am still not a believer in Bynum but he a serviceable center in the meantime with huge upside if he get his sh*t together consistently on a nightly basis.

We ship Gasol and another player to Houston whom has wanted Gasol all along for Scola and Lowry and 14. There are tons are options.

Also if Laker/Rocket deal cant happen, I like a deal with Portland who has two lottery picks. They also have Oden who we expressed interest in. If Dwight leaves us, I would rather get two first round picks someone like Wesley Mathews and Oden (with a fair contract considering his injury risk) than pay Ryan Anderson $10 million dollars to disappear in the playoffs for a third consecutive year.

There are options out there.

Laker/Hou Deal

Lowry/Kendall Marshall

Redick

Free Agent SF

Scola/Baby

Bynum

Blazer Deal ( 3 picks, 6, 11, 19)

Rookie/ FA PG

Mathews

Rookie/ FA SF

Baby