Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

Magic waive Von Wafer

The number 1 difference between the 2 coaches is that Popovich has a superstar that completely buys into what he is saying.

SVG was having trouble getting Shaq into buying what he was saying also. I take it he just doesn't mesh well with big men?

Untimely realease - without a Head Coach and a GM, who waived him?

As Von was unguaranteed, this could have costlessly happened anytime our new GM/HC saw fit.

Unless there's some string somewhere attached, this appears to be a dissapointing (in many levels) move.

How good (or bad) Von's defense was, is irrelevant.

Untimely realease - without a Head Coach and a GM, who waived him?

As Von was unguaranteed, this could have costlessly happened anytime our new GM/HC saw fit.

Unless there's some string somewhere attached, this appears to be a dissapointing (in many levels) move.

How good (or bad) Von's defense was, is irrelevant.

With no disrespect for your opinion kind sir (or maddem), how bad Von's defense was/ still is, has relevance. See, he, like a good amount of players on the current roster cannot play D. D as we are seeing in these playoffs is important.

As to who waived him, that is irrelevant, because since his contract was unguaranteed, waiving him gives them the opportunately to improve the team with no extra cost of still having to pay his salary. But my guess would be Howard, since I remember this one play were Von has an easy assist to him and he choose to make a circus shot attempt that failed :rolleyes:

SVG was having trouble getting Shaq into buying what he was saying also. I take it he just doesn't mesh well with big egos?

I went ahead and fixed that typo for you. After all, I'm a giver.

• Upvote 1

I went ahead and fixed that typo for you. After all, I'm a giver.

Lol thanks. There has to be a reason why SVG was voted the coach players would least like to play for.

He will be joining his 8th NBA team next year for his 7th season, not counting his stint with the Colorado 14ers, the Greek team that waived him, or the Italian team he played for this past summer during the lockout.

How was this a bad move?

Um... He dunked that one time. It was cool.