Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Broussard reporting Shaq could be gm in Orlando. The Big Evaluator!

Why he shouldn't be GM:

Shaq vs. Barkley in the rising stars game...

he got blown out.

if Shaq convinced Dwight to stay and was able to recruit another super star, would that make him a good hire?

Because to me, that's all that matters is a GM who can get Dwight to extend and bring in a second star.

If Dwight says I'll re-sign if Shaq is brought in, or that it'll help, I can get behnd it.

Definitely

Im just not that optimistic in finding another 59 win Coach..... just have that horrible feeling inside..... seriously like watching my Detroit Lions from the Millen era, where they had 4 Coaches..... one of them made history in the wrong way... 0-16.

Please let this nightmare end.

Same

I am just hoping we get at least above 62 wins and be like second or first in the East and maintain the consistency like the Bulls or Spurs.

At least one nightmare has been dealt with (Otis). But Dwight needs to grow up and stop the whining. He needs to start focusing on winning games and how to improve in games rather than creating so much drama.

• Upvote 1

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

In Orlando's stated intent to hire a GM with championship pedigree, Boston assistant GM Ryan McDonough's candidacy could gather momentum.

lets be open minded for a minute....

the article says we would bring in an experienced executive along with Shaq.

Shaq commands respect from players and has a good relationship with dwight...but lets see what happens...

• Upvote 3

I honestly can't believe how flat out against this some of you are. The only way I can understand it is either you base way too much on Shaq's comedic personality, or your still butt hurt over Shaq leaving in 96. If it's the latter then seriously just get over it for christ sakes. If it's the former, take a breath and realize that just because someone is a jokester doesn't mean they are not intelligent or that they can't do their job.

His team building inexperience is an obvious negative of course. However, I can't imagine any other GM currently available to the Magic that would make as big an impression as Shaq would. And by that I mean to prospective players. What kind of impression do you think a man like Shaq would make when he personally calls someone like Josh Smith or Monta Ellis or Deron Williams? Those guys grew up watching Shaq and idolizing him. Now here he is personally telling him and their agents how much he wants them on his team in Orlando. Say what you want but that is not something that can be ignored and is a definite plus in Shaq's bid for the job.

That and Shaq does have experiences in winning championships. Right now in the entirety of the Orlando Magic organization there is one championship ring, which rests on Glen Davis finger. Shaq has 4. More then all our players, coaches, and front office combined. And somehow I can't see Shaq's ego allowing him to fail at this. He want's to be viewed as the best at everything he does, and I can see him doing everything he can to put a championship contending team together. He at the very least would certainly not let trash like Duhon and Hedo end up on the team.

• Upvote 5

I honestly can't believe how flat out against this some of you are. The only way I can understand it is either you base way too much on Shaq's comedic personality, or your still butt hurt over Shaq leaving in 96. If it's the latter then seriously just get over it for christ sakes. If it's the former, take a breath and realize that just because someone is a jokester doesn't mean they are not intelligent or that they can't do their job.

His team building inexperience is an obvious negative of course. However, I can't imagine any other GM currently available to the Magic that would make as big an impression as Shaq would. And by that I mean to prospective players. What kind of impression do you think a man like Shaq would make when he personally calls someone like Josh Smith or Monta Ellis or Deron Williams? Those guys grew up watching Shaq and idolizing him. Now here he is personally telling him and their agents how much he wants them on his team in Orlando. Say what you want but that is not something that can be ignored and is a definite plus in Shaq's bid for the job.

That and Shaq does have experiences in winning championships. Right now in the entirety of the Orlando Magic organization there is one championship ring, which rests on Glen Davis finger. Shaq has 4. More then all our players, coaches, and front office combined. And somehow I can't see Shaq's ego allowing him to fail at this. He want's to be viewed as the best at everything he does, and I can see him doing everything he can to put a championship contending team together. He at the very least would certainly not let trash like Duhon and Hedo end up on the team.

So basically, he's a good hire because he has championship experience and clout throughout the league.

If that's the case, why stop at shaq? we could get kareem, hakeem, horry, david robinson, countless other players that fit those criteria. What's so special about Shaq?

The mere presence of Shaq considered for the GM position has brought a swing of attention to the Orlando Magic that is....Positive?................O_o

Imagine if he becomes GM?

So basically, he's a good hire because he has championship experience and clout throughout the league.

If that's the case, why stop at shaq? we could get kareem, hakeem, horry, david robinson, countless other players that fit those criteria. What's so special about Shaq?

Because none of those guys have Shaq's clout around the league. Be honest, do any of those guys come anywhere even close to matching the presence that Shaq has? The mere mention of him returning to Orlando and becoming a mentor to Dwight has the boys at ESPN practically drooling all over themselves.

Sure blue collar guys like us find him to be a complete and total douche who left us high and dry, and also think it silly to not take someone with more experience, but that's not the game here. The game is getting better players. Younger players. Players who grew up idolizing Shaq and wan't to become the commanding presence that he has become. Again his inexperience is an obvious negative, so if the Magic are playing this smart, they will quickly find someone to help Shaq with that.

But in serving the roll as pitchman for the organization and bringing more talented players, I honestly can't think of anyone better. And more then anything, there will be a buzz about the Magic again.

I'm just against the whole project GM idea with the situation we have on our hands now. I'd rather have a polished and experienced GM come in and deal with this, whether it involves keeping or trading Dwight. I just don't feel this is the proper time to throw **** at the wall and seeing if it sticks.