Bang Gundy

Rumor Thread for Next GM & Coach

83 members have voted

1. 1. GM

2. 2. Coach

If we hire Clifford as HC, I'm going to puke. I'm not sure how much longer I can handle the stupidity of this organization.

Yea it's crazy. Magic fans are either going to be really excited (Malone) or really pissed (Clifford). You'd have to imagine though that regardless of what kyler says shaw will be in the mix.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Spurs exec Dennis Lindsey and Thunder exec Rob Hennigan are going to Grand Rapids, Mich., this week to meet the DeVos family, source says

No Bower????

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

As #Magic GM search enters final stretch, league source says former Hornets GM Jeff Bower may meet with owner Rich DeVos later, but not yet.

Sources: #Magic narrow GM search to three candidates, considering two hires. #NBA cbsprt.co/LurFme

JoshuaBRobbins Jeff Bower, Rob Hennigan & Dennis Lindsey will meet w/DeVoses in Grand Rapids, Mich (confirming what @WojYahooNBA 1st said)

JoshuaBRobbins I don't believe that the team will hire 2 of these 3 outright. The person who gets the big job will make staffing choices

JoshuaBRobbins It's not out of question that 1 more finalist will jump into the mix. But the Magic have not asked Celtics to speak w/Doc.

what happened to shaw? ---> Brian Shaw?... he is one of the finalists for the Bobcats, Magic have not interviewed coaches

when the Magic hire a GM, they will begin a full and through coaching search, which could include 10-15 guys.

Internally the Magic have talked a lot about Mike Malone and Steve Clifford... not Brian Shaw. Shaw would have interest

Magic expected to start that process after hiring a GM... Mike Malone and Steve Clifford considered the top names

via steve kyler

If you're a Brian Shaw fan, I wouldn't freak about this. The HW record on breaking actual news on the Magic is poor, and they seem to like nothing more than sending you, Magic fans, into a total panic. They are wrong more often than they are correct. However, I would be worried that he is one of the finalists for the Bobcats job. That story came out of Charlotte.

Clifford might be on HW's radar because he has been coaching here, and Kyler talks with people who know him. Not saying he's not a serious candidate. Just pointing that out.

However, you have to wonder if who they hire as coach will be a clue as to what the the near future holds for the Magic. If they are going to burn it down and start over, maybe they don't want a bigger-name coach for now. Then again, they might want someone to grow along with a rebuilding team or someone who is a good teacher. As all else with this situation, who knows what's going on? The Magic are doing an outstanding job of frustrating their fans, based on the stuff I am seeing here and other places on the Interwebs.

I hope Tuesday (6/19/12) there is two things to look forward to; 1) NBA Finals game 4 and 2) Announcement of Magic's new GM. I can't wait. The process has taken forever.

From what I heard on the radio, the Magic finished final interviews this week, are talking it over during the weekend and will probably announce something early in the week.

From what I heard on the radio, the Magic finished final interviews this week, are talking it over during the weekend and will probably announce something early in the week.

Thx for the update

I feel like I've read a similar line every day over the past 3 weeks...

:panicworker: