Bang Gundy

Rumor Thread for Next GM & Coach

83 members have voted

1. 1. GM

2. 2. Coach

Brian K. Schmitz

‏@MagicInsider

Brian Shaw reportedly did not receive offer from Bobcats or maybe it was other way around. Shaw's waiting on the Magic.

League source: "Brian Shaw is the one guy, who as coach, as a former player, can get to Dwight Howard."

• Upvote 2

Too bad we havent secured a GM yet.... Thought it was suppose to be done by the end of the week and here we are Sunday still speculating. And now we have coaches available to talk but we havent made it out of the batters box.

Let's Go Magic, Get This Going!

As far as Stu's quote, unfortunately it's from Schmitz, and as we saw from the Phil Jackson thing someone has a trend of jumping the gun *ahem*

However, I like the sound of this.

As far as the GM thing, they need to do their due diligence, but they also can't take forever, the longer they take, the more of a chance the Magic have of missing out on good candidates.

It sounds like it is down to Bower, Lindsey, Weaver and Pritchard. The last three would be my favorites, I'm hoping a decision is made soon so we can start on the HC search.

why not pritchard? we need somebody to identify young talent. Look at these players Roy, Alderidge, Batum; the only mistake he made was taking oden over durant buts thats hindsight. During that time you take a potential franchise center over a potential scoring champion