God Hates Otis Smith

Dwight needs to hang out with Tim Duncan

You didn't actually read the post??

No, I put Zara on ignore a while ago when he/she started trolling a thread I'd made in a transparent attempt to bait me into an argument.

Why, how many points did Zara hit?

What about JJ? He's humble and he's a star! Dwight is NOT an *******. He has been manipulated by the system and his agents, and his agents' managers who own multiple big companies who own a lot of the press and media!!! Dwight is GOOD person at heart, but my fear is that the chosen few who are filthy rich in this world (which I SINCERELY believe are of the Illuminati caliber quality --Devos not included because he is a Christian) are the ones who are manipulating this situation. Our goal is to convince YaBoyR to help us persuade Dwight to find the GOOD that is in him so he will do the right thing and not the ******* move his people are influencing him to do.

Homer-BlankStare.gif

No, I put Zara on ignore a while ago when he/she started trolling a thread I'd made in a transparent attempt to bait me into an argument.

Why, how many points did Zara hit?

If I look at it from your point of view, you replied as if you had read it

Just a side note on this perspective:

The only difference between today's superstars and the stars of previous years is access. They were the same gigantic asshats in the 90s, 80s, 70s and 60s.

People in the 1960s were not like the people of the 2010s (and as a subset, the stars of the 60s were not like the stars of the 10s).

We may all be human beings (ie biologically the same) but the way that society and the world around us is formed shapes us. One cannot simply say "people in the '30s and people in the '50s were the same, the only difference between them was the Bomb" - like he can't say, for example, that the only difference between athletes then and now is 'money'. Societies and people are shaped according to their basic conception of the world and man's place in it - and this conception can change dramatically even by sole differences.

Fire. Penicilin. Money. 'Access'. And many many others.

The central imaginary significations of each society (and therefor each era) always create unique beings, a unique "niveau d’être" so to speak.

So when certain people talk about "the good old days", it is not always "nostalgia based revisionist history bull****".

End of side note.

With that said, I personally have no problem with her post. Just pointing out you were pretty accurate from your point of view.

Just a side note on this perspective:

People in the 1960s were not like the people of the 2010s (and as a subset, the stars of the 60s were not like the stars of the 10s).

We may all be human beings (ie biologically the same) but the way that society and the world around us is formed shapes us. One cannot simply say "people in the '30s and people in the '50s were the same, the only difference between them was the Bomb" - like he can't say, for example, that the only difference between athletes then and now is 'money'. Societies and people are shaped according to their basic conception of the world and man's place in it - and this conception can change dramatically even by sole differences.

Fire. Penicilin. Money. 'Access'. And many many others.

The central imaginary significations of each society (and therefor each era) always create unique beings, a unique "niveau d’être" so to speak.

So when certain people talk about "the good old days", it is not always "nostalgia based revisionist history bull****".

End of side note.

Yes!!!! It goes back to the nature vs. nurture argument. Dwight Howard's mom (whose fundamental ideology can be explained by her telling son Dwight to stay in Orlando) has a lot to do with influencing Dwight's paradigm, which encourages us that he has inherent goodness in him. Yet it's the nurture (or environment) that has now highly altered Dwight's worldview. The societal influences (hot girls, money, bling bling stuff, alcohol, Duhon), which are largely Satanic (NBA agents included) have now slowly but surely altered our good choir boy into a villain. I have faith that the battle of nature vs. nurture is NOT over, and I have utmost optimism that Dwight's inner id will come out and reveal to the world that he is indeed 89.76% good (Duncan is closer to 97.667% good to give us a reference point), which is highly encouraging for Magic fans. I think the NBA is highly symbolic of life, that in the end good guys win, and the Magic have been largely defined as "one of the clean cut teams" (look at JJ, Ryno -- highly good looking) and if Dwight STAYS he will help fulfill the prophecy that Superman will indeed save the day after all.

It's all about karma after all. Dwight needs to remember this!!!! And I trust he will ...

• Downvote 6

The societal influences (hot girls, money, bling bling stuff, alcohol, Duhon), which are largely Satanic

I would appreciate (and I'm sure I can't be the only one) if you would refrain from spewing your short-sighted propaganda in a Team Discussion forum. Thanks in advance!

Yes!!!! It goes back to the nature vs. nurture argument. Dwight Howard's mom (whose fundamental ideology can be explained by her telling son Dwight to stay in Orlando) has a lot to do with influencing Dwight's paradigm, which encourages us that he has inherent goodness in him. Yet it's the nurture (or environment) that has now highly altered Dwight's worldview. The societal influences (hot girls, money, bling bling stuff, alcohol, Duhon), which are largely Satanic (NBA agents included) have now slowly but surely altered our good choir boy into a villain. I have faith that the battle of nature vs. nurture is NOT over, and I have utmost optimism that Dwight's inner id will come out and reveal to the world that he is indeed 89.76% good (Duncan is closer to 97.667% good to give us a reference point), which is highly encouraging for Magic fans. I think the NBA is highly symbolic of life, that in the end good guys win, and the Magic have been largely defined as "one of the clean cut teams" (look at JJ, Ryno -- highly good looking) and if Dwight STAYS he will help fulfill the prophecy that Superman will indeed save the day after all.

It's all about karma after all. Dwight needs to remember this!!!! And I trust he will ...

...Are you joking?

I would appreciate (and I'm sure I can't be the only one) if you would refrain from spewing your short-sighted propaganda in a Team Discussion forum. Thanks in advance!

Propaganda??? Sorry if u feel I'm short-sighted! The demise of all that is good can essentially be summed up in one word: Duhon! It is appropriate that this is discussed because evidence shows Duhon's consistent use of alcohol and nightly partying with attractive women have resulted in the destruction of his game. One must consider all possibilities of why the Orlando Magic are cursed. The original post suggests that Dwight (who is mostly good) should hang out with Duncan (who happens to use yoga regularly, a sign that he is a man who seeks inner perfection and is therefore better than good), so the mere suggestion of my life philosophy should inspire others like you. I'm highly disappointed since your name Flawless Victory should suggest you are a man of integrity and should espouse the hypothesis that all Magic foibles are a result of curses resulting from accepting evils such as those I've listed. For instance, the use of highly attractive women in the Magic dance team is a distraction for our players. The Magic hiring staff must instead focus on dance talent and not physicality when choosing the Magic dancers. I can go on but I won't waste your time, kind sir.

• Downvote 4

Dom, I'm not trying to take things away from Tim but he definitely was influenced by Robinson. A lot of people have thought and written that he was on his way to Orlando before a sit-down with Robinson and that changed his mind. Who does Dwight have to sit down right now? Jameer, who he threw under the bus? A sixth man in JJ? To neglect the impact that David Robinson had on Duncan's career is misguided? Sure, Duncan has always been incredibly humble and different than 99.9% of star athletes, but Robinson definitely played a major role in that. Young people can be impacted by those around them. IE) Dwight Howard.

Propaganda??? Sorry if u feel I'm short-sighted! The demise of all that is good can essentially be summed up in one word: Duhon! It is appropriate that this is discussed because evidence shows Duhon's consistent use of alcohol and nightly partying with attractive women have resulted in the destruction of his game. One must consider all possibilities of why the Orlando Magic are cursed. The original post suggests that Dwight (who is mostly good) should hang out with Duncan (who happens to use yoga regularly, a sign that he is a man who seeks inner perfection and is therefore better than good), so the mere suggestion of my life philosophy should inspire others like you. I'm highly disappointed since your name Flawless Victory should suggest you are a man of integrity and should espouse the hypothesis that all Magic foibles are a result of curses resulting from accepting evils such as those I've listed. For instance, the use of highly attractive women in the Magic dance team is a distraction for our players. The Magic hiring staff must instead focus on dance talent and not physicality when choosing the Magic dancers. I can go on but I won't waste your time, kind sir.

Are you real?

3186012_o.gif

Dom, I'm not trying to take things away from Tim but he definitely was influenced by Robinson. A lot of people have thought and written that he was on his way to Orlando before a sit-down with Robinson and that changed his mind. Who does Dwight have to sit down right now? Jameer, who he threw under the bus? A sixth man in JJ? To neglect the impact that David Robinson had on Duncan's career is misguided? Sure, Duncan has always been incredibly humble and different than 99.9% of star athletes, but Robinson definitely played a major role in that. Young people can be impacted by those around them. IE) Dwight Howard.

You're equating being introverted and humble because of an older player and having an older friend of yours convince you to stay on the same team. They're not the same, and more importantly, only one of them is actually what I was talking about.

I'm not arguing that Robinson wasn't a huge influence on Duncan's career; I'm arguing that Robinson being on Duncan's team in Duncan's first few years isn't the reason he's a humble, introverted guy who doesn't like endorsements. Tim Duncan is that guy because Tim Duncan is that guy, and he was that guy before he played in San Antonio.

Nameless Scrub: I appreciate the help(?) I guess, but I really just needed "Yes, you were spot on". Quoting the entire post just defeats the purpose of me having Zara on ignore.