Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

BREAKING: Ryan Anderson wins MIP

More importantly, that's now TWO Most Improved Award winners for SVG.

Suck it Dwight.

Ironic you say that because of the fact that RA numbers are good because of D12.

Don't get me wrong, he played great this season, but lets not downplay Dwight's importance. Ryan isn't nearly as effective without D12, as you can see from the playoffs this year.

On another note, if Otis didn't trade Lewis, you really think that Stan would have started Anderson and we would be getting this production? I doubt it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

More importantly, that's now TWO Most Improved Award winners for SVG.

Suck it Dwight.

And Dwight has 3 DPOTYs.

How many all-stars has Stan created since he's been the coach? Jameer?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That and him not actually improving off anything, just getting minutes for the first time. But the awards are given by the media, so I was seriously expecting them to give it to Lin based off his hype.

And actually, if you look at Ryan's numbers, his per 36's didn't really improve very much (and only a hand ful improved) and his rebounding was worse this year, his "improvement" was more because he finally got more minutes.

Ironic you say that because of the fact that RA numbers are good because of D12.

Don't get me wrong, he played great this season, but lets not downplay Dwight's importance. Ryan isn't nearly as effective without D12, as you can see from the playoffs this year.

On another note, if Otis didn't trade Lewis, you really think that Stan would have started Anderson and we would be getting this production? I doubt it.

Two things...

First, while Anderson benefits from having open looks when Dwight draws the double team, it's still up to Anderson to be able to capitalize on those opportunities, and it's not like Dwight is the only guy in the league that teams have to consider double teaming. So, yeah, Dwight gets credit in terms of being a key part of our offense (and defense of course), but that doesn't take away from anything Anderson has been able to do.

Second, do you think Otis would have traded Lewis if he and Stan didn't think Anderson was capable of taking over?

2w2igc6.jpg

• Downvote 1

Two things...

First, while Anderson benefits from having open looks when Dwight draws the double team, it's still up to Anderson to be able to capitalize on those opportunities, and it's not like Dwight is the only guy in the league that teams have to consider double teaming. So, yeah, Dwight gets credit in terms of being a key part of our offense (and defense of course), but that doesn't take away from anything Anderson has been able to do.

Second, do you think Otis would have traded Lewis if he and Stan didn't think Anderson was capable of taking over?

Yes because he was infatuated with Gilbert. Oh, and Lewis was awful.

And Dwight has 3 DPOTYs.

Isn't all stars just popularity contest?

And Dwight has 3 DPOTYs.

Yeah!! Fire Stan for not making any of Anderson, Redick, JRich, Turk, Duhon, Davis, Liggins, Ish, Harper, Orton, Wafer, Q, or Clark into All-Stars!!

Seriously. This has to have been one of the dumbest things I've read on here today. And that's a day that included posts from Troll GHOS actually saying Mike Woodson and Mike Brown are better options at coach than SVG. So kudos to you. You saw the opportunity to top that load of crap, and you didn't wait for the awful post to come to you, you went right at it! We should definitely come up with an award for you to recognize the unique talent (before you take it to South Beach)!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I didn't think anyone on this team would win anything this year. This is a HUGE surprise.